Rear Diffuser for non-sport bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Pnrymmf
Premier Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
That does look good. I first saw this on Lee's. I've been looking at garb on fiber one and front splitter from outcast garage. Do you have some pics or specs on the piece that has to be changed to hold it on. That is the one thing I don't know about. Any pic or diagram on those brackets would be great.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:03 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by kimmspeed
So, to clarify on this older thread, if you are looking for a rear diffuser for the vert there is only one option. Fortunately, it's a good one.

The Top Secret (replica) diffuser for the 350Z works great. There's some mounting brackets that need to be flipped for our applications. But, I'd buy mine again in a heartbeat.
Anyone know where to get those little "winglets" that are underneath the license plate?

I don't see those included in the diffuser kits that I see.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:34 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Never mind, this one has them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233131837274
Old 03-08-2019, 11:51 PM
kiseliok
G37 Community Team

Received 169 Likes on 151 Posts
Those winglets look like shark fin antennas..
I wish this diffuser was not so aggressive. Would be a great addition to a lowered vert otherwise.

Although now I'm curious, if this 350z rear diffuser fits, some other ones might too - with some minor bracket modifications. Intriguing.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM
teahead
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kiseliok
Those winglets look like shark fin antennas..
I wish this diffuser was not so aggressive. Would be a great addition to a lowered vert otherwise.

Although now I'm curious, if this 350z rear diffuser fits, some other ones might too - with some minor bracket modifications. Intriguing.
I don't care for those side winglets.

Think I'll Ditch them and use something like:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F29 2902157132
Old 08-09-2020, 05:42 PM
stugots81787
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Kimmspeed I am new around here and literally using your vert as inspiration. If you don’t mind me asking could you tell me when you got the side splitters and the rear diffuser.

I am scrambling to find these pieces and not sure where to go.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2020, 09:02 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
When bumping really old threads with a question for a specific member, take a look at their profile and see if they're still around. This Kimmspeed member hasn't been on the forum in 3 years.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:21 AM
stugots81787
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
When bumping really old threads with a question for a specific member, take a look at their profile and see if they're still around. This Kimmspeed member hasn't been on the forum in 3 years.
Well unfortunately if you post on about 95% of these threads they will be bumped due to the fact of the majority of them being really old. I did in fact check and tried to direct message him but I do not have the ability to do so. Then I checked his online status and noticed what you are saying but I still gave it a shot.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:41 PM
GVirus
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37s vert 350z ts diffuser

So I can tell this thread isnt very much active anymore but luckily im not the only one in 2020 on this thread lol, anyways if anyone can clarify that would be great but i have a 09 G37s vert and from what im understanding is that the TS diffuser for the 350z fits with BRACKET modifcations, no need for cutting on the diffuser its self? i seen on some other forums that someone cut there 350z diffuser to fit their bumper but i believe they had a sedan . i did find this one on Ebay in the link listed as i dont need a CF one considering i want to paint the diffuser so anyways can someone confirm this fits for me before i place the order, please and thankyou

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/itm/350z-Top-Se...A/131889816183
Old 09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
stugots81787
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GVirus
So I can tell this thread isnt very much active anymore but luckily im not the only one in 2020 on this thread lol, anyways if anyone can clarify that would be great but i have a 09 G37s vert and from what im understanding is that the TS diffuser for the 350z fits with BRACKET modifcations, no need for cutting on the diffuser its self? i seen on some other forums that someone cut there 350z diffuser to fit their bumper but i believe they had a sedan . i did find this one on Ebay in the link listed as i dont need a CF one considering i want to paint the diffuser so anyways can someone confirm this fits for me before i place the order, please and thankyou

​​​​​​https://www.ebay.com/itm/350z-Top-Se...A/131889816183

just checked your link it says the items out of stock. I am trying this one but the guy that’s selling it said it’ll fit with no body mods but this set doesn’t come with any hardware. Guess we’re just going to have to order and figure it out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152866975072
Old 09-05-2020, 02:31 PM
GVirus
Registered Member

Originally Posted by stugots81787
just checked your link it says the items out of stock. I am trying this one but the guy that’s selling it said it’ll fit with no body mods but this set doesn’t come with any hardware. Guess we’re just going to have to order and figure it out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152866975072
Damn thats just my luck, there was three in stock just yesterday and I had one in my cart. Should've pulled the trigger on it. took a look at your link and it comes with brackets correct? im sure the hardware can be easily determined at home depot as long as all brackets are present but it does look like it'll have its dues
Old 09-05-2020, 02:36 PM
stugots81787
Registered Member

Damn thats just my luck, there was three in stock just yesterday and I had one in my cart. Should've pulled the trigger on it. took a look at your link and it comes with brackets correct? im sure the hardware can be easily determined at home depot as long as all brackets are present but it does look like it'll have its dues
it should honestly he didn’t say other wise just said no hardware but i would assume it’s the same self tapering screws i had used with my side and front splitters. throw on a few bolts for good measure.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:42 PM
GVirus
Registered Member

it should honestly he didn’t say other wise just said no hardware but i would assume it’s the same self tapering screws i had used with my side and front splitters. throw on a few bolts for good measure.
what front splitter did you get? im thinking about getting a stillen front splitter as i have a sport bumper. and side splitters I have but thinking of buying different ones because the manufacture I bought them off of gave me a wrong size off by 2 inches although not that noticeable it is to me, messaged them and called and no one answered. But I wont be putting any of them on until i get the diffuser and front splitter. I read the one and only review that diffuser has and they said it was cracked with no predrilled holes. let me know if you do order it though
Old 09-05-2020, 02:51 PM
stugots81787
Registered Member

what front splitter did you get? im thinking about getting a stillen front splitter as i have a sport bumper. and side splitters I have but thinking of buying different ones because the manufacture I bought them off of gave me a wrong size off by 2 inches although not that noticeable it is to me, messaged them and called and no one answered. But I wont be putting any of them on until i get the diffuser and front splitter. I read the one and only review that diffuser has and they said it was cracked with no predrilled holes. let me know if you do order it though

i went with aero blitz the sides and front fit perfectly. customer service was great and it came with everything i needed to get it on the car.

i’ll let you know if i order the diffuser i’m just afraid it’s a piece of crap.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:00 PM
GVirus
Registered Member

i went with aero blitz the sides and front fit perfectly. customer service was great and it came with everything i needed to get it on the car.

i’ll let you know if i order the diffuser i’m just afraid it’s a piece of crap.
oh yeah it looks good, but dont think aeroblitz will fit mine considering they only make it for 2011+ from what I seen on their website but yeah thats the same reason I don't want to get that diffuser from there. but If I find any other I'll let you know! btw are you thinking of dropping your car? if so i recommend going with springs as I have mine on lowering springs because with coilovers the low gets heavy with the top down from my experience and defeats the coils. but thats just my opinion!

Quick Reply: Rear Diffuser for non-sport bumper