Spoiler update

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoiler update

So.. my Infiniti dealer called me with some news about the spoilers... they will be shipping out to dealers in the next week or two for people that have pre-ordered them. The listed price is $710 and they quoted me an install price of $280. They don't have any specs on if it's a simple bolt-on install or if drilling is involved so I'm not sure if I'm gonna attempt this task myself yet... but I'll keep you updated... Call your dealers to see if they have any info!
The following users liked this post:
luv2putt (07-06-2014)
Old 04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are these different than the OEM spoilers?
Old 04-15-2010, 06:34 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xyz
Are these different than the OEM spoilers?
yes, hes talking about the spoiler for the convertible, it has the built in fm antenna.

if it installs the same as the oem, which it prob does, youre going to have to make 2 holes for the clips.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jubbliepuff
So.. my Infiniti dealer called me with some news about the spoilers... they will be shipping out to dealers in the next week or two for people that have pre-ordered them. The listed price is $710 and they quoted me an install price of $280. They don't have any specs on if it's a simple bolt-on install or if drilling is involved so I'm not sure if I'm gonna attempt this task myself yet... but I'll keep you updated... Call your dealers to see if they have any info!
Wow. Cool news!
I wondered if these would ever actually exist.

It'll probably be months before we see them in Canada. I guess it is time to import.

Shane D
Old 04-22-2010, 09:06 PM
tleffing

please let me know. Last I heard back in late 2009 was the deal with whomever was making the spoilers went south. I need to touch base with my sales guy and check now. thanks for the update, and if you hear anything, let us know!!!

P.S. I am not a big fan of the silver part of the trunk lid, and the antennae, and the spoiler I was anticipating addressed both of these things, so I'm definitely interested.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Is there any updates to the spoiler. They tech guy i talked to said that the reception in a lot of the spoilers for the radio was not working well. Not all but most. He hadnt heard of anything new about the spoilers so I was wondering if anyone here has heard anything new.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:21 PM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoilers are instock at my local dealer. They only have one color but they said they can order one and have it in a few days in any color. Not sure about the radio reception but doubt it's that bad. It's a long spoiler after all and it's just the am/fm radio reception. The XM thing is still on the trunk. I'm going to attempt to put the midnight black grill on my car this weekend. This oughta be interesting!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:14 AM
stevelam

i like my chrome oem spoiler that came with my car. maybr cuz its black and those mesh well together. dunno if id drop 1500 on that. thats the cost in canada for it even though our money is par with u.s dollar.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Trincap

Wow that's a rip off. Pretty sure the guy said $450 or $500.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 AM
rob1986

the black grill is a $350 option on the Infiniti site where are you getting $1500 and $500 from lol
Old 05-17-2010, 03:06 AM
Fezzik

Trincap I called the dealer and they said they dont have any. (shrugs)
Old 05-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Trincap

That's strange. I was there and the guy said he had a few and could order my color and have it in a few days. The only reason I asked was because I parked my car next to another brand new black one that had the spoiler. Who did you talk to?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Fezzik

I talked to a person in the parts department that has done a lot of research on it. He even called the mfr of the spoiler. He said he cant order any but says that there should be some in the next month
Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 AM
stevelam

was'nt talking about the black grill for 350... was talkin about the factory flush mount color coded oem spoiler with the built in antenna and shark fin cap that replaces the antenna installed in canada. on the canada website it posts in acsessories, Rear Spoiler With Antenna: Designed to enhance body lines, the aerodynamic rear spoiler creates a distinctive sporty appearance. Installed Price*: $1,657.45
Holy fakin ********* thats alot of money for that part. still like the oem chrome spoiler on my black vert, it has a really nice red l.e.d brake light on it as well and bright too. black paint and chrome accents look super nice to me. Really clean great look. $1700 hundred bucks can be better spent. It looks nice with the color spoiler but i feel like its something i would also love to do but would'nt even notice or care about it in the future. its nice and all but it really does'nt change the look of the car that much to justify spending the doh on it and it will make ur vert look like every other g coupe out there.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It finally came in.. haha after like 9 months of waiting...
I'm going to get it installed this thursday... it involves drilling to the trunk.. so I'm just going to have the dealer install it.. Will update you guys soon

Quick Reply: Spoiler update