Spoiler update

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Shane D
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jsweaz
Well... I decided to have the rear spoiler installed. My dealership said that this was the only one they have received and the first one they've installed. I love it! I'm glad I didn't sell it! :-). I do have the original chrome pieces if anyone is interested.

I had myself pretty much convinced that I didn't need this, but wow it looks great!

You should look at some de-badging. Even if only just the name.

Shane D
Old 06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
jsweaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shane D
I had myself pretty much convinced that I didn't need this, but wow it looks great!

You should look at some de-badging. Even if only just the name.

Shane D
I was convinced I didn't want it as well. The dealership had my spoiler for THREE WEEKS before I decided to have it installed. The only reason it is installed now is because I had to bring the car in for warranty service (upper cam sprocket) and on a whim asked to see the spoiler up against the car. I told them to go ahead and install it, but was still not convinced I made the correct decision. WOW! Am I ever glad I did! The pictures don't even do it justice.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Trincap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, the pics make it look almost too large. Flying saucer like but I can tell you it looks great in person. It's svelte and really belongs on the convertible. Mostly because the vert has a larger butt and the chrome one that sticks slightly UP just makes it look bigger. The spoiler that comes out and back makes it look leaner. I managed to get around the ugly antenna issue with a bullet antenna (highly suggest it to you guys) but if I can find one of these spoilers I'm getting one.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:47 AM
jsweaz

Here are two quick pictures I took. I will try to get some better ones.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Makes the vert look a lil better.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Trincap

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Notice how it lengthens the rear so it doesn't look as "inflated". It's a great piece. I can't believe there is no aftermarket option like that. I don't need the integrated ant. but a rear spoiler the same size I'd get right away. All the ones I see are these huge things that don't belong and frankly, don't fit because the vert has a wider rear then the coupe.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Trincap

Spoiler Update: Ok after much research and talking to Infiniti I got a rather strange reason for the spoiler back log. Apparently, they ARE in stock now and you could get them except. . . Infiniti won't send them out. Apparently they are afraid the weight of the spoiler is too much for the trunk lid and that the motor can't lift the additional weight. It's set for only the weight of the trunk with the chrome spoiler. I'm sure that it could do it but it probably takes it a lot closer to the tolerance level or something. Anyways, that's the latest update I got. Till then, still searching.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:15 PM
jsweaz

Here are a couple of the requested pictures and some close-ups of the 3rd brake light and rear-view camera.

I have heard so many different stories from the Infiniti Corporate rep and dealerships that I don't believe anything they say anymore.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:10 PM
rob1986

spoke to a parts manager from an infiniti dealership and he said he spoke to infiniti direct and they lifted the "hold" on the spoilers and are selling them only to people who have the car(i had to give him my vin #). Paid for the part and he said it should arrive within the week.

Only question now is since I am paying money for the spoiler which is increasing the cars overall value, when I return the car when my lease is up would they put that into consideration and give me any type of credit for adding it? like cash towards damages or anything
Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if it can be added to the car.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM
bschurr
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by rob1986
<snip>

Only question now is since I am paying money for the spoiler which is increasing the cars overall value, when I return the car when my lease is up would they put that into consideration and give me any type of credit for adding it? like cash towards damages or anything
LOL
No way bro - any $ put into a leased vehicle that is returned with the car is a sunk cost. I would suggest that you keep the OEM lip and replace it when your lease ends and then sell the new spoiler and recover a fraction of your investment via private sale.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Calgarywinger

Hi Trincap
Does that mean that if the trunk motor fails it could be blamed on the spoiler and void the warranty?
Old 06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
sugoiben

Question Spoiler and Antenna?

I just got my spoiler installed yesterday. It looks great, but as I was driving home, I realized that the antenna on the truck lid was still in place. I was under the impression that the spoiler has the antenna integrated and replaces the old one. The pics posted here definitely seemed to confirm that to me as well.

So I called and asked why I still had an antenna. They got back to me today and said that no one anywhere at the dealership was aware of the antenna being integrated into the spoiler. He said it might have to do with different versions of the spoiler depending on whether you have the navigation or not. I do have it.

So anyways, can someone tell me I'm not crazy and imagined that the spoiler was gonna delete my antenna?
Old 06-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Trincap

Calgary, nah I'm sure that was just dealer bs. It's an OEM product so why would it blow up the warranty. sugoi, you got jobbed man. Either, 1, you didn't get the OEM spoiler for the convertible and got the coupe one instead (that's my guess) or 2, you have the worlds worst dealer. The integrated spoiler deletes the ant. Not the XM ant which is that little black pill box but the rod or whip ant that is ugly as hell. By the way, I just replaced the whip thing with a "bullet" ant and it works great and looks good too.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:29 PM
jsweaz

Originally Posted by sugoiben
I just got my spoiler installed yesterday. It looks great, but as I was driving home, I realized that the antenna on the truck lid was still in place. I was under the impression that the spoiler has the antenna integrated and replaces the old one. The pics posted here definitely seemed to confirm that to me as well.

So I called and asked why I still had an antenna. They got back to me today and said that no one anywhere at the dealership was aware of the antenna being integrated into the spoiler. He said it might have to do with different versions of the spoiler depending on whether you have the navigation or not. I do have it.

So anyways, can someone tell me I'm not crazy and imagined that the spoiler was gonna delete my antenna?

sugoiben: You are NOT crazy! The OEM convertible spoiler has an integrated AM/FM antennae. It comes with a new, smaller satellite (XM/NAV) antennae. Look at the pictures I have posted on this thread.

Is it possible that the recently released spoiler doesn't integrate the antennae?

Quick Reply: Spoiler update