So what do the coupe owners REALLY think about the vert

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:42 AM
stevelam

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my vert.yah its slower but i bought the car for ME! and not anybody else. here in canada there is nothing like ripping through the highways of the rocky mountains with the roof down on a hot summer day. even the ladies that come out to the cabin in the shushwaps fight over whos ridin in it..lol! its fakin sweet. and who the fak thinks the back looks like a sebring???HA! as if.. well goes to show cant please EVERYBODY! i love Infiniti products. theres nothing wrong with a PHAT G with NO CEILING!! HAHA!! when i wanna go fast ill ride my R1. i love toys and appreciate new innovations and technology and think the hard top is really slick. i love the coupe as well but im no hater. we should all be proud owners of our infinitis as we have worked hard to earn them.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 AM
rob1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the G coupe isnt even that fast to be honest..if your SO worried about the extra weight and loss in handling of a vert over the coupe then you should have gotten a nissan Z because the G is a lot heavier. The G is a 4 seater luxury cruiser.. not really a true performance car.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I plan to get one end of '11.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:05 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
The vert REALLY needs to be lower from the factory. The G already has horrendous fender gap in coupe form. The rounded up top of the vert exacerbates the the higher profile.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 AM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I hardly notice it But yeah everything looks better dropped
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
still hate it.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:01 AM
09G37xCpe

I almost bought a vert when I saw it on the lot but I couldn't justify the additional cost when I could get everything I wanted out of the X coupe. I didn't do any mods with my X yet (winter up here has been brutal so I didn't see a point) but the price of the coupe + using that $10-$12k saved on mods would make more sense to me than dropping that extra dough on a vert. Unless you can really use that top down all year round IMO it doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Calgarywinger

In my opinion it's comparing apples and oranges. The G37S Vert was never designed to be a "Sport Car" (same for the coupe), it is, rather, a luxury mid-price car with mid-range power and handling. I bought mine because Infiniti makes great cars, they look super-sharp and I wanted a convertible without spending anywhere near as much as a genuine sport car would cost. The closest Nissan has to a real sport car is the GTR and the price tag (CA$120K+) scared me away.
The coupes are, at least here in Calgary, one of the cheaper mid-performance vehicles and it's amusing when people talk about the 400 lbs difference between the coupe and the vert as if it makes any difference. The real comparison for a coupe owner with a self-image problem should be the G's 328 HP vs. all the 450+ HP offered by the competion, including the GTR.
It's all a matter of perspective; there are many many expensive sport cars in Calgary (having rich Oil execs based in this town) who probably , if they ever think about it, consider the G coupe and vert as " a cute little car, one step above the tune-up conversions like the WRX or the Civics."
So when you're bad-mouthing the vert, for whatever reason, remember that you're a legend only in your own mind and that when you're being passed by a Porshe, a DB9 or other exotic high performance machines on the hyway their drivers probably pay as much attention to you as to a Civic. I notice, however, that these rich drivers do look at my vert when the roof is down.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 PM
blitzebill

i think of the vert as being 2 cars: coupe with the top up, and vert top down.

to me it's two cars in one.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:27 PM
WhiteAWDcoupe

love the vert...most ppl cant even tell it is one when the top is up and you get the best of both worlds...and the "maroon/black" setup i saw in the showroom is ridiculously hot...love it
Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Trincap

New owner but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here as well. Disagree with some posters here. While I agree the coupe is clearly faster and lighter and has better lines, some of us just like convertibles. I've got plenty of sport coupes and if I want to take a car to the track I've got a car for that (track modified '96 rx-7). If I want to go for an afternoon drive in the curves I have cars for that (R8 V10). Heck, if I want to go for a long gran touring I have cars for that too (Granturismo or 550 Maranello) but the point of my getting the G convert was I wanted something smaller than my M6 and less rowdy but was still a convertible. In my opinion the G convertible is incredibly attractive and does the job quite well while still being "livable" for a daily car, which it will be for me. So I think it fits quite well for what I was looking for. At the very least it's something that I require of any car I pick up, rare.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
djjperez

i jst got the 2010 vert sports, premium, and navi. dnt hate cuz u dont have the gwap!!! dude if you like it get it! its a dope ride and its worth the money! i recommend it to anyone. handling is sick and engine is a beast, its purs like a v12.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by Trincap
New owner but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here as well. Disagree with some posters here. While I agree the coupe is clearly faster and lighter and has better lines, some of us just like convertibles. I've got plenty of sport coupes and if I want to take a car to the track I've got a car for that (track modified '96 rx-7). If I want to go for an afternoon drive in the curves I have cars for that (R8 V10). Heck, if I want to go for a long gran touring I have cars for that too (Granturismo or 550 Maranello) but the point of my getting the G convert was I wanted something smaller than my M6 and less rowdy but was still a convertible. In my opinion the G convertible is incredibly attractive and does the job quite well while still being "livable" for a daily car, which it will be for me. So I think it fits quite well for what I was looking for. At the very least it's something that I require of any car I pick up, rare.

Damn baller, what do u use when u feel like swinging by the moon and back for a quick daytrip?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Trincap

Please don't call me a baller. I'm 39 and don't even know what that means. Ugh what a drive. First 2 hours was fun, third hour was getting annoying; By the fourth hour I needed a break. Fifth hour was tough. After a break for gas and Wendys for dinner (bleah) the sixth and seventh hour was a breeze. Man, it sounded good on paper but driving from San Diego area to San Francisco is a drag.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:42 PM
antirice
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Vert has much better looking tail lights than the coupe.

Quick Reply: So what do the coupe owners REALLY think about the vert