Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

New Nissan Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 06:10 PM
(>")> G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Nissan Hybrid?

A few weeks ago I was on Wilshire in West Los Angeles and spotted two of the new Altima being tested. Well today going down Wilshire I spotted another nissan I reconized, the nissan Teana. I reconized it after seeing the spy pics of the car posted during the NY auto show. Anyways it passed me going the other way, so I just pointed it out to my friend who didnt see it. Well after we got done at the hospital, we were heading back to UCLA. I look behind us and I see the car agian behind us and over one lane this time. Luckily the light turned red and he pulled up right next to us. I rolled down my window and yelled to him "is this the new nissan?" He replied this is a 2006 model. I ask him agian is this the new nissan coming out next year, I guess he knew I knew what was up and he tells me this a test car and they were running it along with two other silver cars. I replied "oh yeah, I saw those two altima's running around." He then tells me they're here to collect miles and "this is a hybrid". Well the light turns green and we each drive away, I resisted the urge to snap some pics since he was nice enough to talk to us and I only had my cell anyways. Base on what the guy told me I guess a hybrid is in the works for nissan and possibily there is going to be a new nissan, one positioned above the maxima.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:45 PM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
there have been '07 altima test mules driving around. the new ones will be available w/ the cvt transmission and a hybrid version as wel