Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

Motor Trend Review of Q50! Good Read

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
Track Star

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by bitNine
While I'm not as much a fan of the outside as I was the G37, I spend 99% of my time looking at the inside of my car, and 1% of the time, or less, looking at the outside. What everyone else thinks about it, is thoroughly unimportant.

I am planning on a new vehicle come December. I traded in my '11 G37 a few months ago, as we needed a new truck, and it worked out well so I could lease a daily driver later, and do some serious comparison shopping. I don't really have much of a budget, other than I'd like to stay under $60k. I've been looking at everything from a Subaru BRZ, to a BMW 535d. You name it, Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi, Volvo, Cadillac, Tesla. When it comes down to it, dollar for dollar, The Infiniti gives you many of the same features, for a lower price. The BMW, Mercedes and others have a few more features, but are all $60-70k. The Q50 is $55k loaded (non-hybrid), and really anyone could walk in and pay invoice price (in a few months) if they demanded it, meaning it's more like $50k or less. Load up a BMW 135i, and it's $2k more than the Q50, has a tiny *** back seat, 2 fewer doors, and the interior is bland and BORING compared to the Q50, though it does have a 7 speed dual-clutch tranny. Load up a 335i and it's about $8k more, though contains some of those signature BMW features that the Q50 just doesn't have. Load up a 535i/d and it's $70k, and is still on par, performance wise, as the Q50.

I would love to get a CTS-V, but there's the gas guzzler tax which is almost 2 grand. Then there's the absolute hatred about the CUE system, and its terribly buggy function. If there's one thing I loved about the G37, was the way the entire system worked, and how well it worked. Look at ANY other Cadillac with a V6, and the power is on par with the Q50. I've even taken an 8 speed Hyundai Genesis Coupe track edition with the 3.8l V6, producing 30+ more hp than the Q50, and you really can't tell the difference, and while the price is a whole hell of a lot less, it's pretty boring inside with lots of power.

I have spent the last 4 months going over car after car after car after car, test driving one every once in awhile, and taking my time to do serious research, and when it comes down to it, if I'm going to spend more then $50k, the Q50 still wins it for me, even with the less appealing exterior. The only other cars I have yet to test drive, which I will seriously consider, are the Tesla S, and the new Lexus IS. Though if it's anything like it was before I bought my G, I won't like the transmission. If the Q50 transmission is anything like the G37 transmission programming, there's no way in hell I'll even consider it.

I'm having a really hard time here, as I usually NEVER purchase a second car from any one manufacturer. I like to be adventurous, and get something completely different, especially since I can afford it. But I also like gadgetry, and thought the G37 had the right amount of power for me, though I wouldn't complain about more. I keep being dragged back to the Q50 over and over and over again. Ugh... I'm glad I still have a few more months to really research this decision, then hammer out a price that will leave the dealership making exactly $0 off of me, aside from the sale itself.
Ever consider a Lexus GS350 F-Sport? You can end up picking one up for about $55k with a little sweet talk and haggling of the dealership. That's my car of choice after the Infiniti lease. Love that car. Such superior build quality and design. Flawless interior in my opinion. The only thing that might be a notch or two below the infiniti is the performance, but boy does it make up for it in every other category.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:05 PM
kaoticdemize

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
^ thank you, my mistake I thought you worked at a dealership lol.
I don't know the fine print of the lease, the fine print is too small and I don't have TiVo. I just noticed 4k and some change down and $399 a month.

I'm assuming that's the journey with preimum package ( or whatever the equilivant is), I was just curious if you knew why it came so soon. Typically manufactures don't have lease programs ready a week after a new model goes on sale.

Thank you for your time. Oregon isn't doing too well selling them, that's all I know sales wise. I hope things are going well for the Q50 in other states.

No worries, I do work for a dealerhsip and used to work for Infiniti Moved on to Porsche now. Infiniti has already ran good lease specials, it helps entice people to buy. If you thinkk about it, 4k down and 400 a month sounds better than 50k right? They did the same thing with the release of the JX. It's not that it's a special leasing program, it's just that if you lease it, thats what you'll pay. aqlso if you go to the national site it has all the fine print there. One of the reasons I suspect that they are not moving to quick is a lot of people were waiting for my hybrid inventory to come in, seeing that it is the new powertrain for the car it has a curiosity level that is higher thenre using the 3.7, which still performs fine in this car. This was a direction more towards the technology and asthetics over improved power, this will hit the masses moreso over the enthusiasts. However, there are some cars coming for those people. When I spoke to Johan before I left the company, there is a vision in place that will appeal to all, like the germans, covering all markets. Just give it some time. People do need to realize though, that with improved performance and features, comes a heavier price tag. It's all abotu perception though, take the Q50 vs 3 series, Better interior, better technology, better reliability, better resale value, less performance, less expensive (same equipment) but all you hear about is the Infiniti is too close to the BMW price, even though the advantages outweigh the negatives. Infiniti needs to find a way to overcome this. The future shoul dbe exciting though, by 2016 infiniti will be a brand that will have something for everyone and really up their game.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:56 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
I like the way it looks and feels when compared to the outgoing model. That said, I'll stick with the F30 335i for my DD.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:11 PM
chris2k5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you guys see the video on the Q50 forum of one of the members sitting in the passenger seat as the Q50 drove itself down the straight free way?!?!

Crazy stuff.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 PM
4DOORFUN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it looks better than the current G Sedan, but for the new price, I would get an S4 or 335i over the Q50S.

Motor Trend says it weighs 3766 lbs. and did 13.8 sec. That means my lighter 2009 G 6sp. sedan is faster .