Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

I'm in Heaven!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 11:14 AM
jasonviper

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
They brought the Q50's out for a little sun and I have to say I'm sold. I really like the looks of this thing in person. I was little worried about the wood being included when you add the adjustable steering modes package but I really like the wood after seeing it in person. They are having a ride n drive event so I am trying to get some time behind the wheel. The car looks so aggressive from the front end especially with the LEDs on.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:13 PM
jasonviper

Just spent about 5min driving Q50s hybrid. Very nice! I was able to get some pics this time.

The following 2 users liked this post by jasonviper:
Black Betty (05-25-2013), Kevalteam (06-09-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 03:53 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Any spy pics or info on models we haven't seen? Thanks for sharing all this.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:56 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
They should raise the car up more
Old 05-22-2013, 07:20 PM
RYs06MT

Originally Posted by P Casey
They should raise the car up more
It comes with air ride you missed that? Jk
Do you spend much time on the BM forums, curious if their thinking of this as a 3 - series competitor ?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:39 PM
jasonviper

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Not yet, pics are going to be highly unlikely but that doesn't mean I won't try. Other than what I've seen myself and knowing what model year these will be sold as I don't have any additional info but I might have a good chance at a guided look at the 2016 models tomorrow.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
It comes with air ride you missed that? Jk
Do you spend much time on the BM forums, curious if their thinking of this as a 3 - series competitor ?
Ha, yea I'm on there. I haven't even seen this new Q mentioned over there. I consider it a competitor to the 328, not 335 or upcoming 435.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:40 PM
jasonviper

Well I got a very cool and super secretive tour of some of the future models by an Infiniti exec. Pictures were nearly impossible so forgive me but I say nearly because they were strictly not permitted but if I knew what type of security I would be going up against today it may have been possible.

Q60 was off limits but from what I saw the other day the rendering in another thread here is the closest thing I have seen from anything on the web.

The 2015/16 Q70 gets an interior upgrade along with new front fascia including LED drls and rear taillights.

2016 QX50 is interesting because it doesn't look to different from the existing EX but they are saying there are hardly any exterior parts shared and the interior gets major revisions.

2015 QX80 gets new front fascia and center console.

2016 Infiniti LE / Q30 seemed to be wearing much more realistic exterior and interior. Not my cup of tea but still impressive tech in that car.

2016 QX30 was my favorite and was the vehicle I was describing in an earlier post that looks like a mix between an X1 and EX35. It's about the same size of an X1 but sits a bit lower. It looks great in my opinion but the windows were blacked out because the interior was not final.

They also had the Etherea's cabin there and yes it was just the passenger cabin but still cool to look at.

And of course the Q50 about 8 of them to be exact.

Really cool stuff, let me know if you all have any questions.
The following 2 users liked this post by jasonviper:
Black Betty (05-23-2013), venzz (05-25-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 11:14 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Awesome info. Thanks for sharing it with us. Completely understandable not to have pics, you'd probably lose your job and get sued. No need for that just to appease our jealousy of you getting to see all the goodies.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
jasonviper

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Awesome info. Thanks for sharing it with us. Completely understandable not to have pics, you'd probably lose your job and get sued. No need for that just to appease our jealousy of you getting to see all the goodies.
Hey it's my pleasure. Couple more things that come to mind...

Q50's infotainment center was disappointingly slow but I was told these preproduction models had early versions installed so I am hoping production version is much better.

QX50 and current EX exterior is mainly differentiated by the front end which by the way Infiniti seems to be pulling a Lexus move and updating all there models with a similar front end.

Q70 looks amazing with the updated exterior! Crazy aggressive.

Q30/LE I just noticed the story on Autoblog from a couple of days ago about the unknown release date so I maybe breaking news about a confirmed 2016 model.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
eeshooter44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please please please get some pics of a Black Q50!!!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:43 PM
jasonviper

Originally Posted by eeshooter44
Please please please get some pics of a Black Q50!!!!!
Sorry my friend but there is only one black and it's inside where I can't get a camera in. It's a non sport with chrome wheels so it doesn't look great to me.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:34 PM
RYs06MT

Does the Q60 have the same exact front end as the Q50 pictures?

And did you see anything in a manual or was everything 7AT.

Did you ask if the 7AT has been updated or is it the same one from the current model G37.

Thank you again.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
jasonviper

Does the Q60 have the same exact front end as the Q50 pictures?

And did you see anything in a manual or was everything 7AT.

Did you ask if the 7AT has been updated or is it the same one from the current model G37.

Thank you again.
From what I saw they are similar but not the same. The fog light housings were more of a curved space than the boxy look of the Q50. Everything was 7AT and I didn't ask if the actual trans was the same from previous models but the Q50 I got to drive felt sharper but my personal opinion is its new software mapping and not an entirely new tranny. Oh the Q30 was CVT for now but I don't see why they would change it. CVT is probably best for a small hybrid. Thank God our hybrid Q's get real gears.
The following users liked this post:
RYs06MT (05-24-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 06:25 AM
venzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jasonviper
Well I got a very cool and super secretive tour of some of the future models by an Infiniti exec. Pictures were nearly impossible so forgive me but I say nearly because they were strictly not permitted but if I knew what type of security I would be going up against today it may have been possible.

Q60 was off limits but from what I saw the other day the rendering in another thread here is the closest thing I have seen from anything on the web.

The 2015/16 Q70 gets an interior upgrade along with new front fascia including LED drls and rear taillights.

2016 QX50 is interesting because it doesn't look to different from the existing EX but they are saying there are hardly any exterior parts shared and the interior gets major revisions.

2015 QX80 gets new front fascia and center console.

2016 Infiniti LE / Q30 seemed to be wearing much more realistic exterior and interior. Not my cup of tea but still impressive tech in that car.

2016 QX30 was my favorite and was the vehicle I was describing in an earlier post that looks like a mix between an X1 and EX35. It's about the same size of an X1 but sits a bit lower. It looks great in my opinion but the windows were blacked out because the interior was not final.

They also had the Etherea's cabin there and yes it was just the passenger cabin but still cool to look at.

And of course the Q50 about 8 of them to be exact.

Really cool stuff, let me know if you all have any questions.
So were you actually able to see the q60 coupe or did you just get a glimpse at it? It is just a 2door version of the q50 or is it vastly different from it like the current gen coupes and sedans? does it resemble the g37 coupe?

Quick Reply: I'm in Heaven!