Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM
nrp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G Mule spotted testing

Next-gen Infiniti G mule spotted testing in Sweden

By Jeff Sabatini RSS feed
Posted Apr 8th 2012 8:01PM

Comments32

We already had reason to believe that the next generation of the Infiniti G is poised to add a few new variants, including a diesel model, thanks to recent Nissan trademark filings. But now our spy shooters have caught some Infiniti development mules out in the wild, cars they say sounded like diesels.

There's not too much that can be seen in these photos, as the mule uses a modified current-gen body. But the car definitely looks like it has a wider track, which could point to the next G being a bit larger (or at least meaning it's not going to shrink). We can also see two extra air intakes in the front bumper, just under the grille.

The photographers tell us that the cars were snapped near a Mercedes-Benz test facility in Northern Sweden, leading us to assume that a diesel G is likely to be powered by an engine developed out of the Daimler-Renault-Nissan partnership that was announced two years ago.

Check out all the high-res spy shots in our gallery.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:29 PM
aexis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being a mule all the new components are not visible, but the wider stance is probably a good sign

While a new engine and electronic work is definetly exciting, I think most people are most interested in the next gen exterior design

I think it will follow a lot of cues from the 2013 altima and JX as we've seen in other threads here and in other car threads
Old 04-11-2012, 05:38 PM
dimsler
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I wonder if NA will get a diesel version, and I'm also curious what that giant red button is doing on the dashboard, you'd think they wouldn't be tempted to push it.