Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

M3 rival.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
ghost30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bulldog25
Imo, the new ISF has better looking lines than the new M3. But Lexus screwed up again and is only offering it in an auto. Similar to Bmw SMG trans i think. I'm def going to drive and take an look at the M3 when it hits dealers. I will get an ISF or an M3 next year. The new G37 just isn't in their league yet. I am also going to drive the new C6. I loved my C5 the only complaint I have about it was the bland interior and cheap leather that Chevy used on the seats. Otherwise a great car had it for 5yrs with no prob and no oil consump issues.
I'm in the same boat as you far as the M3 is concerned. I really want to test drive it. But keep in mind that the new Supra, NSX v10 and the 370z are coming as well. The 370z may not be quite up there with the rest but it shoud be a beast! It's going to be even lighter with more than likely the 3.7 330hp VQ. 0-60= 4.8 sec and 1/4mile= 13.3 easy.. all day IMO. Check it out.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=121314
Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM
neal540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TRIG

You actually think that would work? Nissan's VQ45VHR v. BMW's new S motor? HAHHAH! Not even close. Their new pride and joy will put Ferrari's new 4.3L to shame. I am absolutely serious about this. The new engine is one of the lightest V-8 engine in the world (lighter than the current M3 I-6 engine), has 8 independent throttle body, faster computer processing than a F-14 fighter plane, LEV2 emissions, and redlines at 8250RPM (remember it is a V8)! And oh yeah one more thing: BMW always grossly underate their engines. They are saying 420hp and 295ft lb at the crank but I wouldn't be surprise if it dynoed similar specs at the wheels. If you don't believe me look at what the N54 (335i's engine) are dynoing at. Offical rating is 300hp and 300ft lb but owners are dynoing about 290 hp and 297 ft (a bit different for each owner). On average it works out to a 3% or 4% drivetrain loss which is impossible and can only mean one thing: the engine is actually producing more power at the crank than what BMW has disclosed. And it's not even their "S" motor!

Here's a good link to check out:

http://forum.e90fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=2448

Pretty sweet!

1. Comparing the VQ45 and comparing an M series engine is like comparing cats and dogs. Are you honestly saying that Infiniti would not beef up the VQ with more high tech components to bring it up to 400 hp? Most definitely.
2. Faster computer processing than an F14 Tomcat? That ****s been around since 1970. I'm sure a modern computer is faster than something thats been around for 37 years.
3. Like the dude said earlier, the F430s engine is not put to shame by the M3's V8. The 997GT3 engine puts both of them to shame, I wont even bother putting those specs up.

Don't get me wrong, the M3 will be a bad *** car, but to say it has a better engine than an F430 is quite stupid. To be honest, you sound like a BMW owner that has something shoved one foot up his ****.