Future Models Questions, requests, info on Future Infiniti/Nissan Models

G50 V8.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:22 AM
bluegenie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G50 V8.

Found this article on AutoSpies. Thought it would be interesting. A G50 V8.

Tags:
I have heard that Infiniti is secretly waiting for IS-F and M3 to be release before revealing a secret model based on the G37 to steal Lexus and BMW thunder.

To ensure once and for all that Infiniti is taken more seriously as a performance company, they are planning a 3 stage knockout for the competition. Their strategy is very simple. Beat BMWs model per model for alot less money while offering more reliablity combined with exciting muscular designs. This move came from the minds of Toyota's head honcho. Rumor has it that the IS only existed to compensate for Infinti's failure to be a true BMW competitor. Now that Infiniti has finally found it's way back from the dead, it is a friendly reminder from Toyota of what Infiniti's original mission in life is. The fate of future IS remains clouded.

STAGE ONE:

By now y'all have already know G35 sedan is every bit as good if not better in driving dynamics than 328/335 sedan for ALOT less money. Mission accomplished.

STAGE TWO:

Y'all have also read Edmunds review of how the new G37 coupe trounces the 335 coupe. That's nothing new or shocking as I've always said G35 coupe was a much superior driving vehicle than the 3serie. It is a sports car after all and not a retuned luxury sedan/coupe. The current G35 will easily match or surpass the E46 M3 at the track while having less HP. As time goes by, more and more magazine tests will confirm Edmunds review to be spot on. I however think one magazine will give the nod to the 335. That mag is Car and Driver as those old farts are more into refinement. They will call it a performance shootout, but let the inferior performer win due to superior refinement.

STAGE THREE:

Since the GT-R has been designated to Nissan, Infiniti is left without a hallo car. This secret G will be that model. Rumor is that it will also sport a V8, Toyota has graciously agreed to finance a higher breathing performance oriented head built by Yamaha to be bolted onto the 4.5L used in the M45 in exchange for Nissan buying more hybrid technology. However displacement will been bumped up to 4.9Liter. The vehicle will be called the G50. It will be detuned to around 475hp and 380ft lb redlining close to 7500rpm and slowly crank up as competition closes in.

Suspension won't be that much different from G37coupe since Infiniti doesn't think M3 or IS-F suspension will be all that much better than their regular models. But due to the slightly heavier V8, some minor mods will be added to offset the weight difference. But unlike the IS-F, the new G has been designed from the getgo to except a V8(notice how the rear is shorter and the front longer), so vehicle balance and front end design is not compramised when the the bigger engine is dropped in.

The G50 will obviously come standard with wider wheels/tires, sport much more aggressive fender flares/bumpers and a lowered stance with stacked exhuast pipes(Toyotas request). But unlike the IS-F, G50 will have them stacked directly on top of each other rather than angled. Hood/side vents may also be needed.

G50 will be marketed to luxury buyers looking for some performance while GT-R will still be the uncompramised performance king that enthusiasts worldwide seek due to it's tunning potential.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 AM
ElixXxeR

Well, the name M50 has already been trademarked, so don't be surprised if this is true. The long hood of the G37 does look like it would easily accomodate a V8.

I also just read on another forum that a member went to a focus group for the new FX (2009) and that it would be called the FX37 and FX50. Looks like this 5.0L engine is really in the works (however, I highly doubt 475hp is going to happen; the person who attended the focus group said the engine would produce around 390hp and 380lb.-ft of torque).
Old 03-22-2007, 01:59 AM
abcdefGGGGGG

interesting....
Old 03-22-2007, 02:48 AM
Rampant

Hmm, not so sure about that article. As much as I am intrigued by the concept of a V8 G, it seems exceedingly anti-BMW and exaggerates quite a bit, so I question it's validity.

For example:
- The current 4.5 rates at 325hp/336tq in the M45
- The current 5.6 rates at 320hp/396tq in the QX56
- The .2 bump up in displacement and technology updates in the 3.5 had very little impact on tq, and 10% on hp.
- Given the same 3.5->3.7 figures, the 4.9 would be roughly 390hp/345tq. That is a long way from 475hp/380tq, especially calling it a "detuned" version. I seriously doubt heads could make that much of a difference.

Also, as far as the G "trounching" the 3 -- it just didn't happen. Slight better sure. But they said it was dead even around the track until the BMW limped home (a BMW that Infiniti brought mind you--so who knows how much the beat on it before the journalists beat on it -- in the middle of the AZ desert at that). That, in itself, is an accomplishment, but points to the bias of the writer and call his overzealous intentions into question in my book.

Also, if Infiniti want to go toe-to-toe with BMW for performance reputation, they need to go racing. Once you start getting into big-dollar performance cars ($50k+), the people that can afford them care almost as much about image and reputation as they do about spec sheets. BMW has that reputation, Infiniti doesn't yet.

Last edited by Rampant; 03-22-2007 at 02:57 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:17 AM
jackygor

Its like reading conspiracy theories
Old 03-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Mr_Ryte

Originally Posted by jackygor
Its like reading conspiracy theories
Indeed. Some people love to feast on rumors and hearsay.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:49 AM
Potty_Pants

at a minimum would cost AT LEAST 15k more then G37... and thats *unfortunately* outta my price range

I can see it happening though.

ppp
Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
These bastards are toying with me. They know I will go buy the G37 right away and then you can guarentee the G50 will come out 8 months later, then I will have to trade in my G37 and loose my a$$ on it and go get the G50.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:02 PM
drewtam

Originally Posted by bluegenie
I however think one magazine will give the nod to the 335. That mag is Car and Driver as those old farts are more into refinement. They will call it a performance shootout, but let the inferior performer win due to superior refinement.
++++++++++++++++++1
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
patton

Found this article on AutoSpies. Thought it would be interesting. A G50 V8.

To ensure once and for all that Infiniti is taken more seriously as a performance company, they are planning a 3 stage knockout for the competition. Their strategy is very simple. Beat BMWs model per model for alot less money while offering more reliablity combined with exciting muscular designs. This move came from the minds of Toyota's head honcho. Rumor has it that the IS only existed to compensate for Infinti's failure to be a true BMW competitor. Now that Infiniti has finally found it's way back from the dead, it is a friendly reminder from Toyota of what Infiniti's original mission in life is. The fate of future IS remains clouded.

STAGE THREE:

Since the GT-R has been designated to Nissan, Infiniti is left without a hallo car. This secret G will be that model. Rumor is that it will also sport a V8, Toyota has graciously agreed to finance a higher breathing performance oriented head built by Yamaha to be bolted onto the 4.5L used in the M45 in exchange for Nissan buying more hybrid technology. However displacement will been bumped up to 4.9Liter. The vehicle will be called the G50. It will be detuned to around 475hp and 380ft lb redlining close to 7500rpm and slowly crank up as competition closes in.

The G50 will obviously come standard with wider wheels/tires, sport much more aggressive fender flares/bumpers and a lowered stance with stacked exhuast pipes(Toyotas request). But unlike the IS-F, G50 will have them stacked directly on top of each other rather than angled. Hood/side vents may also be needed.

G50 will be marketed to luxury buyers looking for some performance while GT-R will still be the uncompramised performance king that enthusiasts worldwide seek due to it's tunning potential.

Could someone clue me in as to where Toyota has anything to do with how Nissan/Infiniti design their cars?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
jackygor

Originally Posted by patton
Could someone clue me in as to where Toyota has anything to do with how Nissan/Infiniti design their cars?
Ya! ^^

So to OP, are you saying that Toyota and Nissan has some kind of deal to take down European car makers?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Mr_Ryte

Ya! ^^

So to OP, are you saying that Toyota and Nissan has some kind of deal to take down European car makers?
Well, Lexus is the considered the Japanese Mercedes Benz and Infiniti has stated very clearly that it would never again take its eyes off BMW, so I can see some validity in that statement....

....but I still think that the whole thing is bogus.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Aman

Originally Posted by Rampant
I seriously doubt heads could make that much of a difference.
Heads really can change the way an engine runs as long as the fuel/air intake and exhaust can keep up. I have no idea if this new engine can meet those claims, but heads can easily add 100 horsepower, especially in a 5L engine.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:00 PM
bluegenie

Ya! ^^

I had no say in this article. I just posted it on the forum from the Autospies website. Hey just thought I would let you guys in on what I came across. So as far as valdility or facts, I do not know.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:25 PM
jackygor

I had no say in this article. I just posted it on the forum from the Autospies website. Hey just thought I would let you guys in on what I came across. So as far as valdility or facts, I do not know.
Oh my bad, thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: G50 V8.