Review Z1 400HP Package - Page 5 - MyG37

Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Z1 400HP Package

Old 01-08-2018, 04:54 PM   #61
4DRZ

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DO THIS:

So after almost a year of trying to get my 400hp tune sorted with Z1 Motorsports, I finally have what I think is a reliable tune and just got refunded for the UpRev Data Cable they got back from me about two weeks ago. So glad that dumpster fire seems to finally be over. Phew! Here is to hoping the tune remains reliable (knocks on wood).
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4DRZ For This Useful Post:
ANMVQ (01-08-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #62
PNW_IPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DO THIS:

So after almost a year of trying to get my 400hp tune sorted with Z1 Motorsports, I finally have what I think is a reliable tune and just got refunded for the UpRev Data Cable they got back from me about two weeks ago. So glad that dumpster fire seems to finally be over. Phew! Here is to hoping the tune remains reliable (knocks on wood).
good to know. I too am due a refund. How long should I wait before filing a chargeback?
PNW_IPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #63
4DRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_IPL View Post
good to know. I too am due a refund. How long should I wait before filing a chargeback?
Call and talk to Spencer. He is the only one who seems to follow up with anything there. Even then, you will still probably need to follow up with him to make sure he does it like I had to do with my refund.

My refund was the quickest part- 2 weeks. It's pretty sad that 2 weeks felt like only a second compared to how much time and how many calls it took to get the people at Z1 to do anything else.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #64
PNW_IPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
Call and talk to Spencer. He is the only one who seems to follow up with anything there. Even then, you will still probably need to follow up with him to make sure he does it like I had to do with my refund.

My refund was the quickest part- 2 weeks. It's pretty sad that 2 weeks felt like only a second compared to how much time and how many calls it took to get the people at Z1 to do anything else.
thanks man. Was really looking forward to an E tune. Can you recommend anyone else that does Email tunes?
PNW_IPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #65
4DRZ

I would recommend doing a dyno tune at a good shop. Trust me, it will be worth it.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:01 AM   #66
Lego_Maniac

4DRZ, any plans to dyno your car? I know you don't have a baseline, but I'm kinda curious to see what kind of power the 400 HP package puts down.
Lego_Maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:33 AM   #67
4DRZ

No, unfortunately I don't have any plans to dyno it after the horrendous experience with Z1. Jon at Z1 tweaked it enough that it should be a legit 400 at the crank on 93 octane or roughly around 330 at the wheels.

All I can tell you is that it feels very healthy/powerful on the butt dyno. It feels quite a bit more powerful than a V8 M3 6spd. and that has 414hp, but still probably a bit less torque.