Review Circuit Werks Test Pipe - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > Reviews > Engine, Intake and Exhaust
Reload this Page >

Review Circuit Werks Test Pipe

Notices
Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Circuit Werks Test Pipe

Old 07-31-2018, 02:45 PM
projectpanda13

Circuit Werks Test Pipe

I had the opportunity this past weekend to install my test pipes. I bought them from Circuit Werks. They are marketed as anti-reversion. They are non-resonated. I bought these for $140 shipped off Ebay. I have a tune session on August 18th and wanted to upgrade as much of the exhaust as I can. These are paired with Motordyne xyz pipe and Topspeed-like exhaust, (I bought the car with the exhaust and unsure what the brand is. Its about 2.375" inner diameter).

Having driven this setup for about a week now, the volume of the exhaust isn't too loud, even on cold start. It has a deep tone, however has a hiss during heavy acceleration, but not on decel. There is no rasp or drone. You can hear the exhaust from inside the cabin but just enough and having a conversation is very easy.

Circuit Werks 'Anti-Reversion' Test pipes. Its came with all gaskets, O2 extension / anti-fouler fitting, and just the 6 bolts/nuts to connect to the headers. I had to reuse my hardware at the y-pipe end.

Side by side comparison of the test pipes vs the OEM cats.

Test pipes installed on the car. Fitment was good. I had to adjust my y-pipe connection a couple of times to keep it from hitting my transmission crossmember. I currently have it where it doesn't touch it but it is low enough that I scrap on it over speed bumps.

The O2 extensions / anti-fouler were used to keep from getting the CEL.

Last edited by projectpanda13; 09-12-2018 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added video
The Following User Says Thank You to projectpanda13 For This Useful Post:
blnewt (08-06-2018)
Old 02-08-2019, 03:10 AM
Issaacoupe

So what did you end up making for power? Also how are you liking the test pipes? I bought a set a month or so ago and haven’t put them on as of yet just curious as to if you’d recommend them or not
Old 02-08-2019, 01:21 PM
projectpanda13

Originally Posted by Issaacoupe View Post
So what did you end up making for power? Also how are you liking the test pipes? I bought a set a month or so ago and haven’t put them on as of yet just curious as to if you’d recommend them or not
I installed a bunch of parts right before my tune to make the most out of it, so its hard to say how much each part contributed. in totaled, I made 301 whp / 248rtq that day on Uprev. That dyno tends to read low since a 370z with full bolt-ons and cams only made 350whp.

For the money I paid for the test pipe, I like it. Its holding up fine, the flex section is still in good shape, no cracks on any welds. I have been recommending it to people due to the price point and the anti-reversion feature. Hope this helps. Let me know if you've got other questions.

Latez