Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Review Fast Intentions SS Catback & RHFC's

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by twin_snails
^^ Around, yes, mine also had Sebring Tuning stamped on the tips. It's a minor nit, but wasn't a big enough deal (for me personally) to make it into my review. I did like that the RHFC's were stamped with the Fast Intentions logo. I had heard that the mufflers were from Sebring Tuning at some point in my research. Do you have a review thread? If so, PM me or post the link so I can check it out.
No review yet because sadly I can't say I'm totally satisfied. This had nothing to do with fast intentions though because the fit and finish of the exhaust was second to none. I literally have never had an exhaust system that bolted up this perfectly (besides my nismo catback on my old Z). The tone that comes from the pipes is awesome as well. The problem with me is I like my exhaust's LOUD and this one simply doesn't meet my level of expectations. I know it's hard to get volume from the sedan's setup but I was hoping to at least be close to the volume of the meister setup. Now I have to decide whether or not to purchase high flow cats to hopefully meet my high volume needs. Watching your video though I can definitely tell your car has more loudness to it and I attribute that to the cats so looks like I need to go that route. Just wondering, do you feel the exhaust is loud enough for you?
The following users liked this post:
twin_snails (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Джон
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I had an aftermarket exhaust with stock cats. When I changed the stock cats the volume increased significantly.
Thats going to be your solution.
twin_snails (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 04:13 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
Still waiting for a video outside the car under WOT
Haha, I know! I was out of town last week in NJ and NYC. Just got back Sunday and have been working like a mad man since. Hopefully I will get some time to do an outside vid under WOT this weekend.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:24 AM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
No review yet because sadly I can't say I'm totally satisfied. This had nothing to do with fast intentions though because the fit and finish of the exhaust was second to none. I literally have never had an exhaust system that bolted up this perfectly (besides my nismo catback on my old Z). The tone that comes from the pipes is awesome as well. The problem with me is I like my exhaust's LOUD and this one simply doesn't meet my level of expectations. I know it's hard to get volume from the sedan's setup but I was hoping to at least be close to the volume of the meister setup. Now I have to decide whether or not to purchase high flow cats to hopefully meet my high volume needs. Watching your video though I can definitely tell your car has more loudness to it and I attribute that to the cats so looks like I need to go that route. Just wondering, do you feel the exhaust is loud enough for you?
Around, yes, I've got the RHFC's and they definitely make the tone deeper. Lance would concur with that. Keep in mind that I am also running the non-resonated X-pipe which is significantly louder than 12" or 18" resonated versions. The resonators work to attenuate the volume somewhat and make the sound a bit more livable as not everyone prefers the loudness. You can always sell your current X-pipe and order a non-resonated one from Fast Intentions and then do the RHFC's. I guarantee it will be worth every penny and you won't have any regrets.

I think the exhaust is plenty loud for me. It's never raspy or high-pitched (unless getting on the skinny pedal). You'd be surprised, but I actually enjoy the sound of just casual cruising under normal acceleration because the tone is so deep and loud.

With cold starts, we all know the VQ37 takes about 30 seconds to reach the lowered idle and warm up. With my setup, when you do a cold start, it literally sounds very GT-R like. Usually when I leave for work in the morning, I'll start the car and then go stand behind it as it's warming up because it's so loud, which always makes me smile and think, man that sounds good! The tone is deep and has bass to it in a way that you can "feel" the sound in your chest. If you're in a drive way or in an alley, the sound echoes off of everyone's fence around you.

It's truly a blissful sound. It is very surprising to people because they think sedan, and it's going to be tame. Then they hear the exhaust and it leaves people a little slack-jawed and they make a face like this: It's just unexpectedly deep and loud in the best possible way.

Last edited by twin_snails; 08-20-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:16 AM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts
Haha, I know! I was out of town last week in NJ and NYC. Just got back Sunday and have been working like a mad man since. Hopefully I will get some time to do an outside vid under WOT this weekend.
damn man, You were in NJ/NY area and didn't stop by for a drink huh?
Old 08-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Джон
Registered Member

on a side note of the Cold start sound- , when I shipped my Car here to korea from California, I only had the Stillen CBE installed.
There was a very attractive Korean gal at the port when I went to go pick up my vehicle. she led me to my vehicle, and
I did a quick walk around and started the car up.
The girl excitedly exclaimed "wow, it sounds good!"
I was like, "yeah baby this ain't no Hyundai"
Attached Thumbnails Fast Intentions SS Catback & RHFC's-cropped.jpg  

Last edited by Джон; 08-20-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by Джон
on a side note of the Cold start sound- , when I shipped my Car here to korea from California, I only had the Stillen CBE installed.
There was a very attractive Korean gal at the port when I went to go pick up my vehicle. she led me to my vehicle, and
HAHAH
Did she go for ride ?
Old 08-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Джон
Registered Member

The thought crossed my mind to say if she likes it then I'll take her out for a ride and dinner, but I chickened out.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:40 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Джон
You should have offered to take her to lunch or dinner. What kind of rotors are you sporting there Джон?
Джон (08-21-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 07:41 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Mik3G37S
damn man, You were in NJ/NY area and didn't stop by for a drink huh?
I know, I know...lol. What part of Jersey are you in again Mike? I was about 30 minutes outside of the city.

Mike, I added a third video that shows a cold start and rev at the tail pipes.

Last edited by twin_snails; 08-20-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Джон
Registered Member

I wanted to ask her, but like i said i chickened out, plus i had started seeing somebody else, who is now my gf. we weren't serious at that point yet but it was still too much to juggle anyway.

They are the Stoptech's with the street performance pads. Feels about the same as stock without all the warping and fading issues. The stock rotors seemed to judder badly after heating up. Couldn't get the dealer to do anything about it. Just had these put on a couple weeks ago.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:05 PM
Mik3G37S

Received 211 Likes on 146 Posts

I know, I know...lol. What part of Jersey are you in again Mike? I was about 30 minutes outside of the city.

Mike, I added a third video that shows a cold start and rev at the tail pipes.
Damn! I'm in central NJ and 30mins away from the city! Awesome I will check it out later when I get a chance!