Engine, Intake and Exhaust Subforum dedicated to breather or engine mods (intakes, exhaust, pulleys, N/A mods etc.)

Kinetix HFC's Install and review!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2013, 01:26 AM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Based on what I've been reading here over the last few years, I suspect your welcome lack of rasp has something to do with your OEM mid-pipes.

Good looking sig line.
Not really Rochester. I have a full MXP catback including Y-pipe with mid pipe and like I had mentioned in the sedan chat thread, I have a little rasp at first but once they warm up the rasp is gone.

Nice job Justin on the write up and I'm glad you like them. I love mine and at half the price of the others you can't go wrong. I should be doing my uprev tune early part of January God willing but I don't know if I'll go to the full extent of doing a write up on it. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again and enjoy!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Not really Rochester. I have a full MXP catback including Y-pipe with mid pipe and like I had mentioned in the sedan chat thread, I have a little rasp at first but once they warm up the rasp is gone.

Nice job Justin on the write up and I'm glad you like them. I love mine and at half the price of the others you can't go wrong. I should be doing my uprev tune early part of January God willing but I don't know if I'll go to the full extent of doing a write up on it. I'll keep you posted! Thanks again and enjoy!
Well, just shoot me a PM if you don't do a write-up. I'm itching to speak with people who have this tune.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by ZOSTER33
Not really Rochester.
Well, as theories go, it seems a reasonable one. Since interpretation of what is or isn't rasp is so-o-o subjective, I can neither agree nor disagree with what you're saying. Ditto for drone. But I can certainly accept what you're saying at face value. Also, I'm 100% deaf in my left ear, so that means I can't hear stereo or sense direction in sound. In other words, what you hear and what I hear are two totally different things. In that context, I defer to you for interpretation.

It's going to be some long months before I introduce any change in exhaust tone, and even then, I'm expecting resonated cats on the OEM cat-back to be so subtle that it will take time to appreciate it.

Originally Posted by warped ideas
I'm itching to speak with people who have this tune.
Choman. Very recently, too.

Last edited by Rochester; 12-31-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:17 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
This is exactly why I mentioned it in the other posts because it can be heard. I was being completely honest about it being there. The rasp is pretty obvious before that cats heat up. It's not an annoying sound but it is a very distinctive sound, you can't miss it.
Old 12-31-2013, 04:46 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I PMed CHOMAN and he was nice enough to respond in regards to the Uprev tune. I'm sold on it now. I just need to decide on who I'll let do the tune. Anybody know the difference between dynos? Mustang vs. ?????. I don't know anything about this really other then what they do.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM
CrackHeadMonsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by warped ideas
Already onto that next mod. I explained to my better half that a tune is pretty much essential at this point due to how much I've changed the stoiciometry (air:fuel) of the engine. I FINALLY found a tuner with a dyno and proof of their abilities in Pompano Beach, FL. (Only 20 minutes away) They do custom tuning on the very high end cars AND Nissan products. They have a video on Youtube of a GT-R doing the 1/4 in 9.3 sec @ 137MPH! I don't know much about drag racing but that seems awfully fast to me. I'll trust them to my car w/ the Uprev tune. I'll post up pics as soon as the car is bathed and I figure out how to post pics & vids.
Cool, whats the name of the shop?.I'm in boynton beach
Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by CrackHeadMonsta
Cool, whats the name of the shop?.I'm in boynton beach
HP-Logic in West Palm Beach. $550 out the door. Full custom Uprev Tune Standard.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:55 PM
max223
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, awesome write-up! Thanks for posting this. I have a few questions for you:

I got a 2010 G37 Sedan two months ago and my first mod was the Tanabe axle-back and K&N Typhoon. I wanted a more mature, deep exhaust note and not something that would be obnoxiously loud all the time (I'm fine with loud WOT pulls ) I'm happy with the setup so far, but it seems to be lacking a bit in the low end (under 3k) and during stand alone revving. However, at WOT the setup sounds awesome.

Did you add the Kinetix HFC after your Tanabe/K&N setup? If so, could you describe the notable difference you hear or feel with your new HFCs?

This has been the next mod on my endless list and I'm glad I've finally found someone with the exact setup I have. Any help would be appreciate, thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:18 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by max223
First off, awesome write-up! Thanks for posting this. I have a few questions for you:

I got a 2010 G37 Sedan two months ago and my first mod was the Tanabe axle-back and K&N Typhoon. I wanted a more mature, deep exhaust note and not something that would be obnoxiously loud all the time (I'm fine with loud WOT pulls ) I'm happy with the setup so far, but it seems to be lacking a bit in the low end (under 3k) and during stand alone revving. However, at WOT the setup sounds awesome.

Did you add the Kinetix HFC after your Tanabe/K&N setup? If so, could you describe the notable difference you hear or feel with your new HFCs?

This has been the next mod on my endless list and I'm glad I've finally found someone with the exact setup I have. Any help would be appreciate, thanks!
I'm glad you liked the write up and that it's helped somebody. I installed the HFC's after the intake and the axle-backs. The difference was kinda like night and day IMO. From inside the car there isn't any change in tone while idling. (at first). From outside the car during idle rev the car has a much deeper exhaust note. On acceleration you can here the deep tone more inside the car but it is subdued with the windows rolled up. After about a thousand miles now the tone is much more pronounced then right after the install. I guess they "burn-in" a bit. On the Highway I don't notice any drone whatsoever, but you can really hear the exhaust when you get into the throttle a bit. From outside the car the exhaust sounds great to me. Hence the YouTube video. With the windows down the exhaust makes a good amount of noise but not annoyingly so. All in all I would be happy to put my name on the Kinetix HFC's.

Performance wise you will not feel much of a difference until you get a tune. I'm getting mine towards the end of Feb. so be looking for another Thread on the Uprev tune with my particular mods. I have noticed that the car stutters a little while its sitting idle. I consulted the shop thats going to be doing the tune and they confirmed my speculations. The current mods without a tune has the ECU trying to advance / retard & enrichen / lean the engine. It's trying to find a sweet spot that it can't really achieve before getting the tune. No check engine lights or anything just a shudder while sitting still sometimes.

Hope this helps, shoot me a question if you need.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Which sounds better for a deep non raspy growl with oem exhaust...FI RHFC's or these Kinetix HFCs ?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Darth Kinetic

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Bump for best sound
Old 02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I think thats going to be a pretty biassed answer when you recieve it. I'm happy with my sound. Only raspy under hard excelleration when the exhaust is cold, after a minute of driving no rasp at all (any RPM). Have not heard the FI RHFCs so I couldn't tell you one way or the other.... Kinetix
Old 05-20-2014, 12:28 AM
G37Some

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Just saw this and it was a legit review. I have had mine on the car about 1.5yrs now and theyre still holding up great.

The rasp situation is 100% spot on. In the winter months (FL winters.... lol) I noticed it a little while the car was cold from 3-4k. Basically as long as it is 75* or hotter out, by the time the car starts up and I drive a few blocks the whole exhaust is hot enough that I never hear any type of rasp after that. hell its been in the high 80s lately and even on a "cold start" I havent heard rasp if I push 1st into the rasp rpm range right after starting the car.

However, I stumbled upon this thread because I was trying to find the diameter of these HFCs. I have no idea if it is 2.25 or 2.5 diameter. Do you have any recollection or did u happen to measure before you installed, since it was fairly recent?? I have a feeling its 2.25 but not sure at all...
Old 05-21-2014, 05:38 PM
botlfed98
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
if I had to guess I'd say 2.5"
Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 PM
VeXeD

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Thanks for bumpin...I missed this also...Nice job on the write-up buddy!

Quick Reply: Kinetix HFC's Install and review!