Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Engine & Trans from 13' G37 RWD coupe into 13' G37X sdn compatibility issues?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2022, 01:32 AM
L1TWITMYG37
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine & Trans from 13' G37 RWD coupe into 13' G37X sdn compatibility issues?

Basically just want to know what exactly I need to swap over from my G37x sedan to get it to work with this engine I just pulled out of this 13 g37 rwd coupe. I pulled the engine and transmission just for less work. My transmission is fine my engine locked up on me after the oil pump failing because of other issues. Like cranking and cranking trying to get car to start then it finally starring and spewing gas out of the tailpipes. Yes I know that was stupid but at the time I didn't care as my G had 240k miles and I drove the living hell out of it before this arose. So can anyone just let me know of any compatability issues I will have from this swap do I need to put my transmission on it or can I take the transfer case from mine and connect it to the one I pulled? Any issues I will have or face would be nice to know. I'll be pulling my engine and tranny and transfer case in the next day. I highly appreciate any help you all could give me. I have been working on diesel engines now for the last year and a half so my automotive mechanics is a little rusty since I'm only working on big rigs right now. But I know the engine should work with no problems just wondering what isn't just bolt-on easy and what would be the easiest most simple way to drop this engine in. I was planning on putting engine and tranny in but if I need to disconnect and swap that's perfectly fine. Thanks again!