Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Code B261F-00

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 02:35 AM
Huaniitoo
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Code B261F-00

I've been trying to find more info on this code hope fully someone here can help. The key light on the dash came on. I notice this after warming up my G and leaving the car on without the key being in the car for over 10min. (I know)
A day after it went away and didn't come on till a month after. I grabbed my scanner and got this code b261f-00. I cleared it and came right on. Is this something i should bring to the dealership or is there anything i can do to solve this issue?
Old 05-23-2019, 05:10 AM
Said Amir
Registered Member

Received 137 Likes on 110 Posts
Maybe try putting the key into the slot on the left bottom corner, replacing the battery on the key, or disconnect the cars battery and see if that does anything.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,253 Likes on 1,015 Posts
The code is related to your cruise control system. The problem could be a bad fuse, a faulty switch, or some other issue. I have attached the 2 pages from the FSM about this code just for reference. More than likely the clutch switch has gone bad. Easy fix.

I hope this helps some.
Alex
The following users liked this post:
slartibartfast (05-23-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 12:35 PM
Huaniitoo
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
The code is related to your cruise control system. The problem could be a bad fuse, a faulty switch, or some other issue. I have attached the 2 pages from the FSM about this code just for reference. More than likely the clutch switch has gone bad. Easy fix.

I hope this helps some.
Alex
Thank you Alex. I'm thinking it's just adjusting the clutch pedal switch. I have the RJM pedal n I just recently did some adjustments but forgot to adjust the clutch pedal switch