Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G3RSTY7 Air-Air Supercharger Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 03:53 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Originally Posted by RickyBobby

thanks yep I’m following a guy on IG who has a Q50 SC build—it sounds nasty! He has great resonation in his exhaust I’ll be eorking on that next (and new clutch). I realize SC isn’t fastest I just hate turbo lag I want that power right there on a downshift. So many options available on the VQ..
You be close to 500WHP if not more on this set up, thats pretty good for DD

An options there weren't . This kits only like a year or so old. I spoke to him before he built it, year or so after I blew my motor or the Stillen kit like 6 years ago. I was chasing 500 WHP and made 460 ish for 3 days

He's good people
Old 05-30-2018, 03:55 PM
grocerylist
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any more updates? I'm interested in this and I'm wondering if this is something I could do in my garage with the remote tune from Seb at SpecialtyZ. The most complicated things I've done is a coilover install with adjustable FUCA and rear camber arms.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:50 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Well an update.. since I've been getting busy with work and I wanted my car ready in time for a car show we had a few weekends back, I took my car to a mechanic to have it done. He was all optimistic he could get it done no sweat (guy locally has been going to him for his twin turbo 370Z which mind you isn't currently working but I thought he may have enough experience with boost...). Quoted me $1500-$2000 tops to finish install, oil cooler and RFS--which sounded a bit low to me which in hind sight should have been a red flag that he has no experience with this kind of fuel system. Install and oil cooler went no problem. Disaster ever since. I think somewhere along the line somebody didn't understand the system and instead of calling CJM to ask questions which I've heard great reviews from, they just started modifying the system. And like spinning a web of lies, once they changed one AN fitting, they had to change another, and then the fuel line..sound like they're changing anything. But they don't give me updates. He just called me one day and said "yeah...looks like we're at more like $3200 currently" and that was f***ing 2 weeks ago. He thought he would have it done last Friday, here we are Thursday the next week he's still not giving me updates. So for all I know he's going to be saying next phone call I owe him $5000. Especially upsetting because had I not been in a rush, I was going to be doing the install myself. It's fine if my car is out of commission for 2 months in my garage, less acceptable if it's out for a month and costing me all this money.
At my wits end, seriously thinking of just bringing a tow truck and just telling him we have to come to a settlement amount $$ since the job was not completed. Or do I just hope they do finish it and are reasonable about price because IMO it's pretty f'd to be charging twice what you quoted without any permission or communication.

This is why I do my own things.
But the FI 34 row oil cooler fit like a glove for what it's worth
Old 06-02-2018, 11:22 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Car is back. Everything on including base tune. Running/barely very rich on base tune. A little troubleshooting. We played with fuel pressure and decided 45psi seemed best. Hopefully it is fixed by tune (running rich on the safe side), or by the wideband O2 not being properly calibrated. Sent my first “idle log” to Seb, I’m sure he’ll see it and think “you idiot...”

Never thought I’d be so happy to see my car loaded up on a tow truck. Even if it started up and tune was great I still would have been uneasy driving it even gently on a base/idle tune. My bebeh is tucked away safely in my garage again
It’s all on, it’s getting fuel just tunning extremely rich sputtering at 400rpms
Notice AFR shows “HTR”. Mechanic didn’t calibrate it in free air, so I will try to do that. Not sure if that will be the fix of my issue but will definitely help
Old 06-03-2018, 12:13 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Hope everything is ok. Mechanic sounds like a turd. These FI kits are easy enough to install yourself. Even if you have no experience. I installed a boosted performance kit on my G. I would really make sure he installed the return fuel line correctly. I have a CJM return kit on my car as well. It’s a very time consuming install. Should not have to modify a thing on it. Directions are very detailed and kit has quality parts and is complete.
Old 06-03-2018, 12:48 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NeverBoneStock
Hope everything is ok. Mechanic sounds like a turd. These FI kits are easy enough to install yourself. Even if you have no experience. I installed a boosted performance kit on my G. I would really make sure he installed the return fuel line correctly. I have a CJM return kit on my car as well. It’s a very time consuming install. Should not have to modify a thing on it. Directions are very detailed and kit has quality parts and is complete.
sounds like the modification was the AN fittings for the ethanol sensor and needing an adapter for a different hose to fit it. So perhaps not a full overhaul. But I agree wish I would have done it all myself but all I can tell myself is maybe it would have taken me 2 months, or whatever I need to do to justify it. But I’ve heard of people paying $3500 for the RFS/ethanol sensor alone so all said and done not a horrible price just wish i had done it
Old 06-07-2018, 07:24 PM
dbl07
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
This is good stuff and I will follow the progress as I have been thinking about this kit since it was first mentioned. I have a G37 sedan and I do not know what differences, if any, will pose a problem with the installation of the kit. The other challenge will be finding a good local tuner.

Last edited by dbl07; 06-07-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:56 AM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

My secondary MAP sensor to the gauge is reading -.2 bar (a couple psi of vacuum) at idle but the stock is reading 3 bars at idle. Seb is blaming the stock MAP. Hope he’s right, so I ordered a OMNI.
Old 06-09-2018, 09:20 PM
msonbolg37x
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Just did my a2a install and I love it so far. Power delivery is much better than the stock stillen kit. Beware, the BOV is very very loud. I personally like it but I can see how some others might not. I’d post a video of it on here but not sure I can on my phone.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:19 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Oh I’m aware how loud it is.. guy with one on his 370z was driving away and I couldn’t tell if he was scraping on the ground or spinning his tires—sounds similar to both.
bought an OMNI 4 bar GTR MAP sensor and put it on, car works! Just wiring the ethanol sensor and wideband into ECU, tuning and i’ll be done! Submitted my second idle log to Seb today so hopefully within the week I’ll be doing WOT tuning. Gonna have to find a more dedicated place to do those—with the test pipes and all the power it will be way too obvious anywhere near my house
Old 06-10-2018, 05:55 PM
dbl07
Registered Member

Originally Posted by msonbolg37x
Just did my a2a install and I love it so far. Power delivery is much better than the stock stillen kit. Beware, the BOV is very very loud. I personally like it but I can see how some others might not. I’d post a video of it on here but not sure I can on my phone.

How do you contact the seller of these kits? Did you do your own tuning?
Old 06-10-2018, 06:14 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dbl07
How do you contact the seller of these kits? Did you do your own tuning?
Topgunz full supercharger kits!! - Nissan 370Z Forum

PM me if you need his phone number. I’m having Sebastian from Specialtyz E-tune via Ecutek. Hybrid MAF/SD tuning (or so I would think is the plan).
I don’t want to put a $ on total i spent on it, but you could do it a lot cheaper. His kit is 6k. I went all out and did return fuel system, flex fuel, injectors/fuel pump...
Old 06-14-2018, 12:39 PM
grocerylist
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dbl07
This is good stuff and I will follow the progress as I have been thinking about this kit since it was first mentioned. I have a G37 sedan and I do not know what differences, if any, will pose a problem with the installation of the kit. The other challenge will be finding a good local tuner.
I'm also interested. I briefly chatted with TopgunZ and he said it wouldn't be a direct fit for the sedan because the frame is longer the intercooler sits too far for the included piping to reach. He mentioned about 5" would need to be added.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:22 PM
RickyBobby
Registered Member

Finally doing cruising datalogs. Just waiting for that “i need a WOT pull 3rd gear 2k-7k rpms”. Then the fun with E85 but I still need to wire ethanol content from my gauge into the ECU—pin 102. And then I guess wideband into evap since Seb thinks we still want to keep downstream O2. Also learned for my setup I want to set the fuel pressure regulator with the vacuum hose off so it reads vs atmospheric.
lots of woosh woosh sounds
Old 06-17-2018, 03:52 PM
dbl07
Registered Member

Originally Posted by grocerylist
I'm also interested. I briefly chatted with TopgunZ and he said it wouldn't be a direct fit for the sedan because the frame is longer the intercooler sits too far for the included piping to reach. He mentioned about 5" would need to be added.

Thanks for the information, so much for the sedan owners who would have loved to have this kit.

Last edited by dbl07; 06-18-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Quick Reply: G3RSTY7 Air-Air Supercharger Build