Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Anybody else every tried PCV Delete Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:21 AM
Jonesmeister11
Premier Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorfury
ask them who their engineer is as well as license number and state licensed. If this is a product you can trust, it will have a licensed engineer standing behind it.
lol this made me laugh. Watch it be a financial engineer
Old 04-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Kris9884

Received 202 Likes on 186 Posts
I mean, you and that "engineer" seem to be on the same page, just saying it in different ways (Although, I've never meet an engineer with his amount of grammar errors). Letting the case breath is fine, in fact it’s the whole point. Sending the oil back into the intake is just dumb though. If you have a big HP turbo car of any kind with a proper tune than you should know. Any good tuner will at least notice it themselves or inquire about the current PCV setup. If you run a stock PCV, it’ll cause more oil back into the intake, which lowers your A/F ratio. If the tuner can’t tightly regulate the A/F then they'll have to dumb it down for a safer tune, aka less HP. ESPECIALLY while going WOT on the dyno.

We have fairly high compression motors so were going to see blow-by too, FI or NA either way.

AKA, a catch can is the best answer to all of this, let it breath and dispose of the wasted oil. To whoever is reading this, don’t be afraid to keep the stock setup as long as you always use premium gas, it’ll help combat the lower octane of the oil being sucked through the intake.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:18 AM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Kris is correct. I typed up a good explanation however the forum decided it wasn't worth posting and deleted it yesterday lol.

An open to air vent system does not apply sufficient vacuum to the crankcase to help relieve the pressure. Your best setup for a bolt on application is a catch can in line with the intake that is kept a closed system. This allows for the suction and also allows for the oil to be taken mostly out of the air.

Higher horsepower cars do need upgrade pcv systems and the way they do it is with a larger check valve and they typically evacuate it via the exhaust with a slash cut nipple attached immediately post header or in the downpipe region.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:18 PM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
He wasn't able to provide that license
Old 04-22-2017, 07:20 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Why am I not surprised. Just listen to me please and pass on the delete kit. It is not designed correctly.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
I ordered the eps throttle bodies and 3 inch admin intake. I’m curious how bad the pcv delete could be.

On the admin intake, you have to delete it or go to a catch can. So I’m at a rock and hard place. I don’t want to believe that it is bad! It looks good hopefully it runs good lol.

Im full bolt on and tuned. Haven’t had any issues at all yet. Would hate to mess engine up over a pcv delete and not nitrous or to much boost lol
Old 10-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I doubt there's been much review here, go checkout the Z boards. Many of the NA guys say they work great and clean up the engine bay clutter pretty nicely.

Fingers crossed... hopefully no issues.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:00 AM
xmajd92
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by lorentzoe45
I ordered the eps throttle bodies and 3 inch admin intake. I’m curious how bad the pcv delete could be.

On the admin intake, you have to delete it or go to a catch can. So I’m at a rock and hard place. I don’t want to believe that it is bad! It looks good hopefully it runs good lol.

Im full bolt on and tuned. Haven’t had any issues at all yet. Would hate to mess engine up over a pcv delete and not nitrous or to much boost lol
I'm currently waiting on Moncef's intakes and EPS TB. He says about a week or two until they're done. Getting tuned by him as well.

Last edited by xmajd92; 10-26-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:24 AM
AdminTuning

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
The PCV delete kit vents the crankcase, it does not cap it off. The manifold is capped off after the PCV valves are deleted since there is no crankcase recirculation back to the manifold.

The engine vacuum is so minimal even at peak (at idle) compared to the amount of pressure in the crankcase so the potential sealing effect that "4DoorFury" is bringing up is practically negligible in the real world.

I have used both the EPS PCV delete kit and open/vented catch cans that remove the PCV system properly with nothing but good results. If ring seal was actually reliant upon engine vacuum, you would see an increase in oil consumption, but I have never seen this in any case when using an open system.
The following users liked this post:
abrecos (07-18-2022)
Old 10-26-2017, 02:36 PM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
running two breather filters is the same as remving the hoses off of the pcv itself. its not harming the engine. you're doing more good than bad by getting the eps pcv delete kit. if its so bad then tell Fast Intentions, boosted performance and AAM that two filters inplace of the pcv is wrong. How in one sentence its fine on a Boosted application but not fine on a NA application? blow by is blowby... and if your filters chugging smoke, then the piston rings are fired and the delete kit is STILL helping by not putting that EXCESS vapor into your intakes....

i need to get bk on here more often....
abrecos (07-18-2022)
Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Nice overall quality(not much to the kit). Very easy install, even for me haha. Took 30 mins and followed Alex’s diy on YouTube for the install. I’m sure can be done in way less than half the time I took to do it. There was lots of oil residue in the hoses that I swapped and capped off. Extremely happy that is not going in the intake. Seeing that first hand, wish I had done this or catch can long time ago.

abrecos (07-18-2022)
Old 05-25-2018, 12:53 AM
Bravo at
Premier Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
OP/Lorentzoe45, Any updates to your PCV delete kits?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:38 AM
The Pope
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 05-25-2018, 09:17 AM
Mattlorentzoe
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Bravo at
OP/Lorentzoe45, Any updates to your PCV delete kits?
I don’t have any tech specs or fancy details like if it actually helps things or whatever BUT after having on my car for some time, me personally knowing what little I know now I would steer clear of just the pcv delete and go with a catch can. I have gotten some large amounts of oil residue that pretty much changed color from bright new red to super dirty blackish red. This alone is a deal breaker for me since these filters are hidden under engine cover and a pain to get to. Also don’t want hot oil all over anything under the hood. I would rather catch that oil in a can than use the system I have now..
Now onto the second second, after finding out how eps shaved down the part number very poorly on my 70mm throttle body kit to hide that they are just a factory nissan oem pathfinder/maxima Tb, they won’t see any more of my money. Which isn’t the biggest reason I’m pissed not for the actually scratching out itself but how poorly it was done, my tuner told me that if I try any grind it down to make it look better with nice finish it could ruin it.
Would rather oem ported 63mm throttle bodies from synolimit for $250 and a catch can. Would never pay $800 for these again. Anything but a eps product on my next car...Don’t even get me started on the customer no service as my 3rd point from Jake@epstuning during this process.
Lol ask a sales question you’ll get get a response or tracking number, send a problem email and hear crickets. I love companies that stick behind their products and service.
Bravo at (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 09:21 AM
Bravo at
Premier Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Pope - Sort of asking in general interest but I also used similar rubber caps to my coolant delete mod on the throttle bodies. I've had to change those caps once in the last 3 years due to cracking, brittleness, etc (probably heat related). Curious to know if their caps on the intake ports of the valve covers are holding up. Maybe 6-8 months isn't long enough for anything noticeable.