Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

another limp mode question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:55 PM
tt455

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
another limp mode question

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a problem with my 2009 G37x. I've done some research on here but haven't found out my problem yet. If it's out there then I apologize in advance.
I bought my car 2 and half years ago from the dealer with 36k on it. The car drives awesome, no complaints until recently. About a year ago I was driving home from work in a winter storm when I experienced the violent bucking that other members have wrote about. I got it home in limp mode, turned it off, then restarted it and drove fine. It never happened again until about a month ago, and then last week.
The car now has 95k on it. I get no codes and the times it did happen it was very cold or snowy and usually about 30 miles of driving. The dealer has found nothing and after it does happen the next time I drive it, there is no evidence of the problem. Work is 60 miles round trip and I do drive a lot of miles a year. Service is up to date and the car usually drives perfect, it's a real head scratcher.
I'm in the New York L.I. area. Thanks for the read, any input is much appreciated. Thanks, Tom.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Jungle boy G

What exactly is the problem? Describe the symptoms?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:18 PM
tt455

Originally Posted by Jungle boy G
What exactly is the problem? Describe the symptoms?
That's the problem, there are no symptoms. The car will just go into safe mode or limp mode and I never know when.

For instance today is Saturday, yesterday morning it was 17 degrees outside at 2:30 am when I left for work car was running fine. About 10 minutes later my head jolted forward (like someone stomped on the brakes) as the car went from 2k rpm to 3k rpm then started jolting back and forth, threw it in neutral and stepped on the accelerator which limited me to 2500 rpm, I'm assuming that is limp mode?

I let the car run down to 40mph and was running fine until it reached 45-50mph and started doing the same. Again no codes and this is a day after I got it back from the dealer service which found no problems. This morning the same thing, turned around and took my sons car to work.

When I got home today I took my scan tool just to see even though there where no codes and it showed a yellow exclamation I guess a soft code P010B. Now why wouldn't this show up when the tech hooked this up to the computer at Nissan? So I replaced the air filters and cleaned the maf sensors, code is gone for now and ran fine around town. I'll have to test it better in the next couple of days.

I'm thinking should I reset the ECM by disconnecting the positive cable to keep it from going into limp mode or wait to see if this works first?