Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

New member oil burning question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 02:00 AM
Jaydaqiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member oil burning question

Hey guys, new member here. I'm buying a 2010 g37x with 55,000 kms(not miles, I'm from Canada lol) which is about 34,175 miles. I already put a deposit down and I'm going next week to pick it up and finalize the deal. It's from a dealership(private one not a chain dealership) and it's fully loaded with tech package premium package and nav. My question is: I was frequenting this forum and stumbled upon the oil burning issue through this link https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-tec...b10-048-a.html. o checked the pdf file and the car I'm buying falls within the Sedan vin specified in the tps. Vin is jn1cv6ar..am453215. That's the vin of the car I'm buying it's a 2010 g37x sedan. I checked the carfax and it doesn't show anything done in regards to this issue(not sure if it would even show up, carfax is clean anyways). Is this something I should be worried about? Should I not purchase this vehicle anymore? It's not under warranty anymore but I can buy an aftermarket warranty from this dealership. I'm concerned now after reading this. The carfax that this dealership bought the car from an auction, is that something of concern too? Car is mint and drives mint only 55,000kms( 34,175miles). Sorry for the long post and any tips/advice will help. Thanks in advance guys!
Old 11-04-2016, 05:23 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Jaydaqiss
.....It's from a dealership(private one not a chain dealership) and it's fully loaded with tech package premium package and nav. ............ Is this something I should be worried about? Should I not purchase this vehicle anymore?
Yes you should be worried. Have the vehicle throughly inspected at an Infiniti dealer and have them run the VIN number

Originally Posted by Jaydaqiss
It's not under warranty anymore but I can buy an aftermarket warranty from this dealership. I'm concerned now after reading this. The carfax that this dealership bought the car from an auction, is that something of concern too?
The fact that the vehicle was from an auction makes it very suspect. Aftermarket warranties usually will find a reason not to pay.
I had an Infiniti Elite warranty on my previous 06 G35 purchased from the dealer and used it a few times with no problems.

My advice

BE VERY CAREFUL

Telcoman
Old 11-04-2016, 04:23 PM
Jaydaqiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So then I should call infiniti and try to get the service history and have them run the vin to see if it has the oil burning issue?