Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

"Driveshaft Shop" Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 12:34 AM
Ali6767

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Driveshaft Shop" Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

Anyone have any experience or know anything about these driveshafts?

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/import...ber-driveshaft
Old 06-25-2015, 05:28 AM
Bravo at
Premier Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm considering the same part which is a single piece bolt-on. The PST shaft for our ATs come with a conversion/spacer that connects to the PST MT shaft to make the shaft fit. For that reason the Driveshaft shop part is more appealing to me.
The following users liked this post:
Ali6767 (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 05:31 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with these but heard nothing but good things about them. Their axles aren't cheap, that I can tell you.
Ali6767 (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 09:37 AM
warpeacelove

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
I won't be doing that MOD.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:00 AM
ImportPartsPro
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Anytime you can remove weight from the rotating assembly, it is a very good thing and will help the car accelerate faster.

If interested in getting one, let me know. I have very good pricing on driveshaft shop parts.
The following 2 users liked this post by ImportPartsPro:
Ali6767 (06-25-2015), Kuro (06-26-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 10:47 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
You think it would hold with higher power (ie FI)?
Old 06-25-2015, 11:30 AM
ImportPartsPro
Former Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Lt8Che
You think it would hold with higher power (ie FI)?
Should not be an issue unless you are drag racing on slicks...then I would recommend the aluminum over the carbon fiber
Old 06-25-2015, 11:52 AM
EnYcee-G
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by warpeacelove
I won't be doing that MOD.

Why not?? I would like to hear what your reason is? It'll help me make a better decision about this as well.
Ali6767 (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ImportPartsPro
Should not be an issue unless you are drag racing on slicks...then I would recommend the aluminum over the carbon fiber
A little birdie told me that the half shaft cage is a weaker component and will fail far before the drive shaft comes into play. So I've been told.
Ali6767 (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
Originally Posted by ImportPartsPro

I drag race occasionally but road course often. I just wouldn't want to drop the cash on a CF driveshaft and then have it fail on me.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
A little birdie told me that the half shaft cage is a weaker component and will fail far before the drive shaft comes into play. So I've been told.

Guess I'll be saving some for these too then!
The Driveshaft Shop | NISSAN 2009- 370Z / G37 1200HP Pro-Level Axles - 370Z / G37 - Nissan - Import Axles
Ali6767 (06-25-2015)
Old 06-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Ali6767

Well what I'm doing is comparing the cost (and realibility aspects )of keeping the car N/A vs going FI....I'm doing SpeedSF and NASA events at Laguna Seca and Sonoma so not drag racing much really. 1.5 Limited slip and a Driveshaft might end up on there regardless...but just comparing the two different roads...I'm in Cali...so CARB ruins alot of options for me :/...I'm literally stuck between a Stillen Kit or building the car...Stillen installed is about 10k...not including the Valvebody -__-... I have been looking alot into unsprung weight, aero etc and seeing if I can get the performance I want from the car without adding a blower
Old 06-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Ali6767

Originally Posted by G37Sam
I don't have any personal experience with these but heard nothing but good things about them. Their axles aren't cheap, that I can tell you.

Good to know Sam thanks...your opinion is definitely held in high regard on the forums...so that gives me some confidence. I saw the axle prices hahaha borderline outrageous but hey you pay for what you get right?

Last edited by Ali6767; 06-25-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:33 PM
Ali6767

Originally Posted by Lt8Che
I drag race occasionally but road course often. I just wouldn't want to drop the cash on a CF driveshaft and then have it fail on me.

Guess I'll be saving some for these too then!
The Driveshaft Shop | NISSAN 2009- 370Z / G37 1200HP Pro-Level Axles - 370Z / G37 - Nissan - Import Axles

The failure rate is what I'm interested in the most....if it's a solid mod that will take the abuse and last I won't hesitate...but I don't want it failing on me after two track days.

I drive the car somewhat regularly lol
Old 06-25-2015, 04:07 PM
HoldmyMouse

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by Ali6767
Well what I'm doing is comparing the cost (and realibility aspects )of keeping the car N/A vs going FI....I'm doing SpeedSF and NASA events at Laguna Seca and Sonoma so not drag racing much really. 1.5 Limited slip and a Driveshaft might end up on there regardless...but just comparing the two different roads...I'm in Cali...so CARB ruins alot of options for me :/...I'm literally stuck between a Stillen Kit or building the car...Stillen installed is about 10k...not including the Valvebody -__-... I have been looking alot into unsprung weight, aero etc and seeing if I can get the performance I want from the car without adding a blower
If you have to set a budget to go either fi or na, I think I would go spend on na and keep the change for gas. I think it's important to build a car that can sufficiently handle and put power to the ground especially you do road racing so laying a foundation that can support higher power output should be step one. Also the maintenance should be a lot less and less headaches especially if it's a dd. They each have their own way of fun and no doubt higher hp = more fun. Just be careful because power can be addicting and also burn through your wallet like there's no tomorrow trying to build a bulletproof fi vs na.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:54 PM
Ali6767

Originally Posted by HoldmyMouse
If you have to set a budget to go either fi or na, I think I would go spend on na and keep the change for gas. I think it's important to build a car that can sufficiently handle and put power to the ground especially you do road racing so laying a foundation that can support higher power output should be step one. Also the maintenance should be a lot less and less headaches especially if it's a dd. They each have their own way of fun and no doubt higher hp = more fun. Just be careful because power can be addicting and also burn through your wallet like there's no tomorrow trying to build a bulletproof fi vs na.
I do have the budget for either but what your saying is really starting to be my line of thinking ..I'm not really all about how much HP I got under the hood...but how that power gets utilized and put to the ground as your saying..hell a low to mid 12 second pass (really my goal for a 1/4 mile...and something I hope I can achieve) is awesome in my book and on a road track how much of your power can be utilized is what's most important...I care about how fast it is in a straight line only to a point....putting that speed around corners effectively is what I need. F/I seems so risky on these cars without reinforcing everything and those numbers add up fast when you think about failures and possible things going wrong on tip of the initial invesent...on a car I really enjoy driving...I don't know if that is the best route.

So....put the car on a diet...lighten and improve some internals...improve my aerodynamics...reduce my unsprung weight...improve traction and cross my fingers haha (any suggestions on some other ways to improve N/A would be helpfu) and sorry to the mods if this kind of got off track haha

As far as the crankshaft goes...any kind of idea how much of an improvement in acceleration I can expect? Sorry if that's kind of a vague question lol

Last edited by Ali6767; 06-25-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Quick Reply: "Driveshaft Shop" Carbon Fiber Driveshaft