Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Boom`

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 AM
dagon68
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I would get them to replace the motor, reinstall the SC and then get a safe tune. At some point you should look into a GTR or something similar once this gets ironed out

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:58 PM
09ChiG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW that sucks!!
Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Any updates?
Old 12-14-2012, 03:00 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Legally no updates as of yet. Sorry.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 PM
socialconflicts

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
wish you the best of luck, it looks like your case is very solid. what route do you plan to go with after your car is sold if i may ask?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:24 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

My plans are a B5 -S4 with all the things happening to me I can not get a "newer" car, ,money is very tight. I looked at one today in CT, For 6800, 138K, An they are they are doing the timing belt job, replacing the TQ converter( Cel was coming on), and replacing the valve cover gaskets. pretty solid deal I think.

:I would get them to replace the motor, reinstall the SC and then get a safe tune. At some point you should look into a GTR or something similar once this gets ironed out :
Dagon68?? This is not even an option for me. They said they would put a motor in it, IF i went back to stock.. An if I reinstalled the SC I would lose all my powertrain warrenty! I would lose 4 years and 45k in miles if I did that, I am not in the position to do that have something happen and stare at a 15k repair bill.. I was not even going this route till the dealer told me and presented me with paperwork stating I would have full warrenty,, But we all know now they where BSing me.. Cutting lose and moving on, :/
Old 12-15-2012, 03:41 PM
socialconflicts

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
dont cut your losses, isnt there something a lawyer can do? i mean you have paperwork... its stated.. i cant understand why its even possible for you to end up with the short end of the stick
Old 12-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm not so sure an older used Audi is the way to go either, could be a money pit. What are you going to do with the G?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Vasher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
My plans are a B5 -S4 with all the things happening to me I can not get a "newer" car, ,money is very tight. I looked at one today in CT, For 6800, 138K, An they are they are doing the timing belt job, replacing the TQ converter( Cel was coming on), and replacing the valve cover gaskets. pretty solid deal I think.

:I would get them to replace the motor, reinstall the SC and then get a safe tune. At some point you should look into a GTR or something similar once this gets ironed out :
Dagon68?? This is not even an option for me. They said they would put a motor in it, IF i went back to stock.. An if I reinstalled the SC I would lose all my powertrain warrenty! I would lose 4 years and 45k in miles if I did that, I am not in the position to do that have something happen and stare at a 15k repair bill.. I was not even going this route till the dealer told me and presented me with paperwork stating I would have full warrenty,, But we all know now they where BSing me.. Cutting lose and moving on, :/
I don't understand why you would drag this out. They ARE honoring the warranty by replacing your engine. You can't seriously expect Infiniti to reinstall the SC, you blow up again next week, they then repair your car, reinstall the SC, boom again the following week, etc., etc., etc. this is a completely unrealistic expectation. I doubt the contract even states that they will repair, reinstall, AND REISSUE the warranty. As they've told you, they will repair and if you so choose they will reinstall (w/o labor, correct?), but they won't reissue the warranty on a product that will, without a doubt, blow the motor again. This is the argument they are/will use and no judge/mediator in his/her right mind would find in your favor.

You could have your G repaired and back to new plus cash from selling the SC. Instead, you're looking at an old Audi w/ well over a 100k on the clock? Seriously? Quite while you're "ahead". After attorney fees, what do you stand to gain. Maybe it's become a matter of pride and "who's right"?

I feel for you, I would be pissed (that it blew), but perhaps it's in your best interest to let this one go.

My two cents.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Vasher
I don't understand why you would drag this out. They ARE honoring the warranty by replacing your engine. You can't seriously expect Infiniti to reinstall the SC, you blow up again next week, they then repair your car, reinstall the SC, boom again the following week, etc., etc., etc. this is a completely unrealistic expectation. I doubt the contract even states that they will repair, reinstall, AND REISSUE the warranty. As they've told you, they will repair and if you so choose they will reinstall (w/o labor, correct?), but they won't reissue the warranty on a product that will, without a doubt, blow the motor again. This is the argument they are/will use and no judge/mediator in his/her right mind would find in your favor.

You could have your G repaired and back to new plus cash from selling the SC. Instead, you're looking at an old Audi w/ well over a 100k on the clock? Seriously? Quite while you're "ahead". After attorney fees, what do you stand to gain. Maybe it's become a matter of pride and "who's right"?

I feel for you, I would be pissed (that it blew), but perhaps it's in your best interest to let this one go.

My two cents.
This ^^^
Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Yea I guess I don't get why you won't just go back to stock at this point. Then you wouldn't need a POS Audi.

FYI I only call it a POS because it has too many miles to continue being a reliable car.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:28 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I do not want the car stock. Hence why I FI'd it. I was going to sell the car back in January and get a Saleen or vette. Dealer directed me on this option stating I would have full factory warrenty. So now I don't have warrenty I don't want the car. The older S4 is something I looked at before the G and was a good price and all the major services done. Me keeping the G and losing $$ is not an option. Seriously 10k was stolen from me and I have been paying 400 a month for a car I have not seen in 6 months. Why would you want it??
Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ouucchhhh..
Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 PM
JPSBLACKG37

Received 84 Likes on 57 Posts
I would stick to your guns. No reason why you should have to lose out or fork over any additional cash when you have it in writing.

Everyone else stating to cut your losses are f-ing ridiculous. If I spent near 10k to have a boosted car and have it dealer installed and warrantied, and it blows up not a few months after install it is the dealers responsibility to replace and reinstall sc kit because you have already paid for install. Losing 5k+ wouldn't sit well with me or anyone else on is forum. Good luck to you sir and stick it to them good.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Elperuano

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JPSBLACKG37
I would stick to your guns. No reason why you should have to lose out or fork over any additional cash when you have it in writing.

Everyone else stating to cut your losses are f-ing ridiculous. If I spent near 10k to have a boosted car and have it dealer installed and warrantied, and it blows up not a few months after install it is the dealers responsibility to replace and reinstall sc kit because you have already paid for install. Losing 5k+ wouldn't sit well with me or anyone else on is forum. Good luck to you sir and stick it to them good.
This ^^^
I completely agree, I'm no fan or Stillen but I certainly don't like to see this to happen to anyone in the car community. These big corporations want you to just cut your losses and go. Richer get richer while poorer get poorer. If u have all the promises made by the dealer on paper I'd take every possible action to recoup my losses and even more for the hassle n time of having to go thru all the legal issues after The DEALER promised you all these things. They're probably banking on you're gonna be like the majority of people and just give up and cut ur loss. ANMVQ if it were me personally I'd stick it to them every possible with no LUBE. Go at it like a marathon! Good luck to you!

Quick Reply: Help Boom`