Notices
Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Help Driveshaft issue? Speed related Vibration

Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Modme

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts
It was the rear, where the driveshaft attaches to the differential. However, a loose bolt in middle can also cause a vibration. You could also have a problem with the center bearing.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:06 PM
lownslow

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks I'm gonna check it out tomorrow , I appreciate the help and quick responses
Old 05-16-2017, 10:31 PM
spinn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the same problem. Guess I'm going to have to Jack up the car and check. Thx!
Old 10-31-2018, 10:19 AM
Quiver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know I'm digging up an old thread but I found it when researching similar symptoms for my car and wanted to post what was the issue for me in case anyone else stumbles across it.

All of the symptoms my car was experiencing were pointing to it looking like a driveshaft or u-joint issue. Turns out it wasn't either of those at all though. For me, the issue was both of my rear brake calipers were seized up which had caused both rotors to warp quite a bit and led to me feeling a lot of vibration in the rear of the car when going over 70 mph.
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34 PM
BeeW

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
I know I'm digging up an old thread but I found it when researching similar symptoms for my car and wanted to post what was the issue for me in case anyone else stumbles across it.

All of the symptoms my car was experiencing were pointing to it looking like a driveshaft or u-joint issue. Turns out it wasn't either of those at all though. For me, the issue was both of my rear brake calipers were seized up which had caused both rotors to warp quite a bit and led to me feeling a lot of vibration in the rear of the car when going over 70 mph.
Did your brakes vibrate otherwise? Did you get screeching sounds driving slowly in reverse? Or a lopsided scraping sound at slow speeds?

Might as well threadjack since its so old..... I've had this vibration issue, hadn't even thought it was the drive shaft. I get a scary vibration, so much so that I can't see clearly out the rear window . It feels like it comes from the mid-rear; irrespective of RPMs, but always at 60-75+mph.
Slowing down to <40 gets rid of it and I can go back to 60+. No change in symptoms when loading left or right wheels. I stop in a dead straight line, but have squeaking when I reverse out of my spot in the morning.
🤷*♂️
Old 11-01-2018, 05:30 PM
Quiver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BeeW View Post
Did your brakes vibrate otherwise? Did you get screeching sounds driving slowly in reverse? Or a lopsided scraping sound at slow speeds?

Might as well threadjack since its so old..... I've had this vibration issue, hadn't even thought it was the drive shaft. I get a scary vibration, so much so that I can't see clearly out the rear window . It feels like it comes from the mid-rear; irrespective of RPMs, but always at 60-75+mph.
Slowing down to <40 gets rid of it and I can go back to 60+. No change in symptoms when loading left or right wheels. I stop in a dead straight line, but have squeaking when I reverse out of my spot in the morning.
🤷*♂️
I did have a slight squeaking when moving in reverse. Or if I was driving very slow down my driveway, for example, I could hear an intermittent "squeak". I knew that one of my calipers was probably starting to seize but I had no idea both of them were.