Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
GRG37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nothing but according to you, you haven't seen those numbers anywhere, so i dont know if your stating for the stillen kit or any supercharged setup.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by GRG37
nothing but according to you, you haven't seen those numbers anywhere, so i dont know if your stating for the stillen kit or any supercharged setup.
yes i am referring to the Stillen kit and you by far has the highest power out of anybody that has this kit including the 370Z. i'm only finding it hard to believe you are making that much power at only 8PSI of boost. take a look at this guys kit and how much boost he's running in order to reach the power level you are.

Custom Stillen 370z supercharged - Nissan 370Z Forum
Old 12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
GRG37

Yeah, i dont know what to say my first couple runs were around 450 then we had it finallized with two more runs at above 470hp. I should be getting the dyno chart any day now. The tuner also told me that if i do meth, i am looking at another 20 to 30hp. I mean i have been around the block and know a lot about tuning and what it takes to make power, trust me had an sti and that thing was a pain in the *** to get it were i wanted it.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Weiboy718

Yeah, i dont know what to say my first couple runs were around 450 then we had it finallized with two more runs at above 470hp. I should be getting the dyno chart any day now. The tuner also told me that if i do meth, i am looking at another 20 to 30hp. I mean i have been around the block and know a lot about tuning and what it takes to make power, trust me had an sti and that thing was a pain in the *** to get it were i wanted it.
all good! i'm glad everything is working out and main thing is you love it!

def think about getting meth injection, you can yield more power with a aggressive tune yet still be safe. another thing you can do is get the 9psi pulley from Stillen or be like my buyer, upgrade the impeller on the blower.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
GRG37

Thanks, i asked stillen for a smaller pulley and they said they were working on it, or whatever. For now this thing is a beast, loving it. Probably due next clutch, flywheel, and rear end to 408 diff. Tuner also told me uprev was playing around with the vvt, to release down the road for more gains. But hey i hit my goal which was low 400s.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Weiboy718

Thanks, i asked stillen for a smaller pulley and they said they were working on it, or whatever. For now this thing is a beast, loving it. Probably due next clutch, flywheel, and rear end to 408 diff. Tuner also told me uprev was playing around with the vvt, to release down the road for more gains. But hey i hit my goal which was low 400s.
consider the Southbend TRZ clutch and their Steel flywheel. I'm running that right now and man, that thing grabs and rated at 650TQ. more than enough for your application or mines.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:13 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
Was justs Weiboy said. I will be staying with the 8 PSI pulley and Stillens stock tune, At least for the next 60k, I am impressed by your numbers but I do not have the luxury for spending 6-8 on the motor or tranny is it goes boom. The warrenty coverage was a very big selling point for me.
You maybe right about the VQ being able to handle 550-600 crank HP but the 4G63 is probaly the most bulletproff motor and even those have had some problems..

I'm shoting for low 4's-410 WHP or so, , I had a 373 WHP EVO 8 and 11.89 at 117 MHP as a DD , It was more than enough for me
Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Would love to see sheets as well. What was your base?
Old 01-10-2012, 12:09 AM
showme99
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jwfisher
I have the Stillen/UpRev tune.
I understand from Stillen that they have not changed the tune since it was finalized abotu 6-9 months ago. Of course, UpRev can take it a bit further and thke V-3 has much more potential - more than the engine has the internals for.
Jwfisher, I'm glad to hear how much you're enjoying your ride. After reading multiple Stillen Supercharger threads, it sounds like you've had better luck with the canned tune than other Stillen supercharger owners on this forum. Did the canned tune work properly right off the bat, or were there any difficulties that had to be addressed (ie. rough idle, detonation, hot starts)?

Not trying to incite anything here; I'm just curious.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:08 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
The canned tune worked right off. No idle problems at all (perfectly smooth), no hot start issues, definitely no detonation. This was all done by the install shop in 1 visit.
It just happens that UpRev is right up the road. What a great luck of coincidence to be 20 miles away instead of 2000. So I plan to go there in person soon, see what they've learned in the last year, and perhaps get just a bit "more".
That said, remember that eveerytime you get into a project like this there wil be some road bumps to overcome. Kits that are new to the market will have issues to smooth out at first. Like the software business, you will find customers with unforseen circumstances. And this is indeed the software business - reverse engineering somebody else's computer takes time and patience and there will be circumstances such as updates that have to be discovered and then accounted for. The advantage here is that Stillen has handled it well, and getting CARB cert. is an added assurance. Even if you are not in a part of the country that requires it, or has a yearly ODB-II type inspection process, it shows they've gone the extra length to get it right. That means it will be clean in California, but it also means that it will run well anywhere. So, kudos to Stillen.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:03 PM
showme99
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's awesome that it only took one visit to get everything installed and running smoothly. And I completely agree with you about the CARB certification. It's a major selling point for me. If and when I decide to buy a supercharger, it has to allow my car to still pass emissions. I'm not going to spend all that money only to be forced to put the car back to stock because it failed emissions.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

Yup, it's like why cars can do 150 MPH. You may never do that but the car will last much longer going only 65.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:55 AM
rsi-g37xs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious if anyone has had their car tuned on E85 yet with the Stillen SC. I don't have the SC yet but its planned for sometime this summer or fall. I have talked to a few shops about it and they all said that the car should be perfectly fine with the 1000cc injectors, and it should yield a fair amount of power too. Has anyone thought about doing this or done it yet?
Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 PM
espimax
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you need the engine oil cooler on the 6mt model? With the stillen kit.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:32 PM
jwfisher
Registered Member

If you are going to drive hard on the streets, or maybe back country roads, then yes you need an engine oil cooler. If you are going to the racetrack fro some laps, you will absolutely need it - or else your engine will go into reduced power mode. If you haven't experienced that before, you'll think you blew it.

Quick Reply: Who has a Stillen G37 Supercharger? Numbers, pics, vids!