Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review MAC Autosport Stillen SC Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 03:26 PM
infamousstunna1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mean fpg, right? lol ^^
Old 01-24-2011, 03:31 PM
infamousstunna1

Also Dal, since I'm sure you did your research and everything...I wanted to ask you, our cars probably wouldn't benefit from dual superchargers, right? Because of the extra power being robbed to wind up 2 blowers. What you think?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:35 PM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by infamousstunna1
Wuzzup Dal, it looks very beast-like under your hood!

And what are your mpg looking like now?
I am not sure yet on the mpg. I plan to reset the computer this week and start tracking it to see what I am getting. I didn't have much chance to drive it this weekend since they took it back to the shop Friday to fix the fuel leak and I was slammed around the house with honey dos all Sunday. We are supposed to have some pretty good weather later in the week so I plan to take advantage.

I do like the look under the hood. Early on in my decision process I was not sure if I would but now that I have the real thing in front of me I am loving it!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
dal1307

Also Dal, since I'm sure you did your research and everything...I wanted to ask you, our cars probably wouldn't benefit from dual superchargers, right? Because of the extra power being robbed to wind up 2 blowers. What you think?
I would think that you are correct. There has to be a point of diminishing returns in parasitic load to the engine although I don't know what that point is. You can step down in pulley size on this blower and get significantly higher boost but that would require 93 octane. The guys at MAC were impressed with the size of the blower. I believe that Adam said it is as large a what they have used for custom installs on C6 Vettes. Josh@Stillen or Kyle@Stillen could probably give you more technical insight on the dynamics of SCs and parasitic load as well as differences in TT and SC applications. If I remember correctly, there are a couple of threads on here comparing and contrasting SC and TT setups that have some pretty good info and links to additional info.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:46 PM
dal1307

I forgot to mention in my earlier post about gas mileage that it is not really a big concern for me as my wife and I live less than 5 miles from work so we don't burn much fuel during the work week. That leaves more in the fuel budget for weekend driving! That sentiment may not make me very popular with the ECCO crowd but hey, I recycle religiously and use cfls!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:13 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
^ lol. I won't give you crap for that statement. I work 3 miles from work. Lol. I don't think anyone interested in FI worries too much about MPG...
Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 PM
infamousstunna1

Lol about recycling!
Alright man, thanks and enjoy your new found power!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:18 PM
infamousstunna1

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
^ lol. I won't give you crap for that statement. I work 3 miles from work. Lol. I don't think anyone interested in FI worries too much about MPG...
Yeah you're pretty much right. Just curious to see how much the mpg's dropped.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
13 mpg here hehe... but that's city driving and some interstate.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
infamousstunna1

Thanks, Fezzik.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Fezzik

Thanks, Fezzik.
No prob. I havent measured it but I know on the highway it gets considerably more, just because i'm not stomping on the gas. I wasnt getting too much better with out the supercharger just because I like to get up and go and the G drinks the gas when accel hard.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
dal1307

Originally Posted by Fezzik
No prob. I havent measured it but I know on the highway it gets considerably more, just because i'm not stomping on the gas. I wasnt getting too much better with out the supercharger just because I like to get up and go and the G drinks the gas when accel hard.
I was getting around 16 to 17 city and haven't really gotten a good baseline for highway since I got it. The first month I had it I was probably averaging more like 14 because I had my food in it everwhere! I did notice in the history for MPG that whoever had it before had some numbers around 20 to 21! It must have been from a road trip or something.

I know the previous owner was female as her voice is still programmed into the Bluetooth for the phone. She has this really strong European accent and named the phone "Infiniti". It freaking took me forever to duplicate her pronunciation well enough to replace her phone with mine and to top it off, I did not delete her voice, simply replaced her phone with mine under the same name DOH! I still need to clear that up!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, if her voice turns you on just leave it imo hahaha
Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM
Fezzik

Originally Posted by dal1307
I was getting around 16 to 17 city and haven't really gotten a good baseline for highway since I got it. The first month I had it I was probably averaging more like 14 because I had my food in it everwhere! I did notice in the history for MPG that whoever had it before had some numbers around 20 to 21! It must have been from a road trip or something.

I know the previous owner was female as her voice is still programmed into the Bluetooth for the phone. She has this really strong European accent and named the phone "Infiniti". It freaking took me forever to duplicate her pronunciation well enough to replace her phone with mine and to top it off, I did not delete her voice, simply replaced her phone with mine under the same name DOH! I still need to clear that up!
Is that based off the computer. My computer tells me i'm near 20mpg which is wrong. I had to measure fill up and odo reading.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:06 PM
dal1307

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Is that based off the computer. My computer tells me i'm near 20mpg which is wrong. I had to measure fill up and odo reading.
Yes, based on the computer. Was your computer correct before modifications?

Quick Reply: Review MAC Autosport Stillen SC Install