Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

JWT oil pan spacer kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 PM
denverinfiniti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Is lifting the motor really as easy as you seem to say it is for those without access to a lift or air tools?
I didnt have a lift or air tools when I did the G. I just put in all the other bolts to seat the pan, then put a block of wood under the pan to distribute the force and jacked it up some. Didnt have the right extensions at home to actually loosen the mount, which would have made it that much easier. I did this after messing with trying to fit a 10mm end wrench in the tiny area that was there, I even cut a wrench in half to try making it work.

weiboy718: Unless the coupe subframe is different than the sedanX(wouldnt suprise me if it was the same as the Z) You'll probably have to lift the motor some. Theres barely enough room to squeeze a finger in between the subframe and pan.

If stillen would release the sedan charger kits so I could install it I would take a pic of how close it is.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:29 AM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by denverinfiniti
I didnt have a lift or air tools when I did the G. I just put in all the other bolts to seat the pan, then put a block of wood under the pan to distribute the force and jacked it up some. Didnt have the right extensions at home to actually loosen the mount, which would have made it that much easier. I did this after messing with trying to fit a 10mm end wrench in the tiny area that was there, I even cut a wrench in half to try making it work.

weiboy718: Unless the coupe subframe is different than the sedanX(wouldnt suprise me if it was the same as the Z) You'll probably have to lift the motor some. Theres barely enough room to squeeze a finger in between the subframe and pan.

If stillen would release the sedan charger kits so I could install it I would take a pic of how close it is.
they will soon...my car is done there they are just finishing up tuning and installing my hks camp II
Old 07-24-2010, 05:41 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37mobbin
they will soon...my car is done there they are just finishing up tuning and installing my hks camp II
so are you scheduled on going down there next weekend?
Old 07-24-2010, 12:13 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Weiboy718
so are you scheduled on going down there next weekend?
i am going down for the RPM car show so it gives them enough time to install and i get to check out some so-cal rides