Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Review Stillen Stage 1 Turn key SC

Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
Josh, can you PM a price on the tuner kit? Thanks.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:48 PM
ruckus12251985

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
josh, what are the details of the warranty? 3yr 36k? extra $? what does it cover? thanks in advance
Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 PM
PennywiseG35S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whiddles
After all said and Done I paid about $7500
Do you have the Transgo shift kit installed? Do you have a trans cooler installed and if so what brand? How is the 5AT holding up so far? I have a 08 Infiniti G35S 5AT and I have already ordered the GTM S/C kit my only concern is how the transmission will hold up on boost with the shift kit and trans cooler.
Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Q8y_drifter

Originally Posted by PennywiseG35S
Do you have the Transgo shift kit installed? Do you have a trans cooler installed and if so what brand? How is the 5AT holding up so far? I have a 08 Infiniti G35S 5AT and I have already ordered the GTM S/C kit my only concern is how the transmission will hold up on boost with the shift kit and trans cooler.
GTM has a kit for us ready?
I thought they still haven't test fitted the HR engine. Anyhow, who's doing the install?
Old 06-26-2010, 06:15 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do not have anything do to the transmittion except the tranny cooler which i got from stillen. the car handles the power thus far as if it was stock. nice smooth shifts of course im being pushed into my seat a lot
Old 06-26-2010, 07:37 PM
PennywiseG35S

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
GTM has a kit for us ready?
I thought they still haven't test fitted the HR engine. Anyhow, who's doing the install?
I have order it already, just waiting. I will be installing the GTM S/C kit, Transgo shift kit, trans cooler and engine oil cooler myself. When it's done I will drive to the local UpRev tuner for dyno tuning. The local UpRev tuner has already tuned a 370Z GTM TT on the dyno with UpRev programming.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Q8y_drifter

I have order it already, just waiting. I will be installing the GTM S/C kit, Transgo shift kit, trans cooler and engine oil cooler myself. When it's done I will drive to the local UpRev tuner for dyno tuning. The local UpRev tuner has already tuned a 370Z GTM TT on the dyno with UpRev programming.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do as well. Although I'll be ordering the tuner version and that's gonna be months away from now. I'll be doing a step by step how-to with pics and everything

Don't forget to buy some sort of monitoring system like the HKS Camp II, Greddy Infotouch or just some Defi gauges. Very important part of the deal.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:46 PM
PennywiseG35S

That's exactly what I'm gonna do as well. Although I'll be ordering the tuner version and that's gonna be months away from now. I'll be doing a step by step how-to with pics and everything

Don't forget to buy some sort of monitoring system like the HKS Camp II, Greddy Infotouch or just some Defi gauges. Very important part of the deal.
I haven't decided on what monitoring system i'm going to use yet, have you decided which one you are going to get yet? I hope the 5AT is pretty stout with the Transgo shift kit and the trans cooler installed, I don't want to feel like I have to baby it.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Q8y_drifter

Not yet actually. I want the HKS but screen controls and no A/F ratio monitoring really blows!
The Greddy Infotouch is a really nice unit that comes with it's own screen and everything but the parameters are limited for our cars. If I can confirm that the Greddy can monitor at least, boost + AFR + oil temps + oil pressure + fuel pressure then I'll get that. I can monitor the rest with my Cipher cable when I need to datalog and such.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
PennywiseG35S

Not yet actually. I want the HKS but screen controls and no A/F ratio monitoring really blows!
The Greddy Infotouch is a really nice unit that comes with it's own screen and everything but the parameters are limited for our cars. If I can confirm that the Greddy can monitor at least, boost + AFR + oil temps + oil pressure + fuel pressure then I'll get that. I can monitor the rest with my Cipher cable when I need to datalog and such.
I plan to use the Cipher and laptop after install to make it safely to the local UpRev tuner for dyno tuning. If you buy the HKS Camp2, what optional harnesses do you need to buy with it? The HKS Camp2 can't monitor Air/Fuel ratios at all, there is no way around that? That sucks because in my opinion it is the best looking system, also super stealth which is very good here in Miami.

Last edited by PennywiseG35S; 06-26-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 PM
ruckus12251985

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you guys aren't down with the stillen sc, take this convo back to the gtm thread lol
Old 06-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I plan to use the Cipher and laptop after install to make it safely to the local UpRev tuner for dyno tuning. If you buy the HKS Camp2, what optional harnesses do you need to buy with it? The HKS Camp2 can't monitor Air/Fuel ratios at all, there is no way around that? That sucks because in my opinion it is the best looking system, also super stealth which is very good here in Miami.
Please don't drive any SC'd vehicle with the kit installed and try to drive it with stock tuning, regardless of monitoring.. just get it towed..
Old 06-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Team STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ruckus12251985
josh, what are the details of the warranty? 3yr 36k? extra $? what does it cover? thanks in advance
Details should be coming shortly.. we just need to lock in the warranty company 100% before we discuss everything.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:59 AM
PennywiseG35S

Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
Please don't drive any SC'd vehicle with the kit installed and try to drive it with stock tuning, regardless of monitoring.. just get it towed..
No of course not, I meant I would install the tune that comes with the S/C kit and use the Cipher to monitor parameters on the drive over to the local UpRev tuners shop for dyno fine tuning.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:19 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
awsome, regardless of the dyno I'm sure it's a vast improvement over stock.
can't wait for some vids, hows the butt dyni working?
nice enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Review Stillen Stage 1 Turn key SC