Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

STILLEN G37 Supercharger Announcement!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 07:41 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Stillen tune you'll make a WHOPPING 340 WHP!! Custom tune you net over 400 WHP, Just make sure you tuner is good, the factory kit has flaws
Old 09-22-2016, 04:12 PM
SWinnie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Stillen tune you'll make a WHOPPING 340 WHP!! Custom tune you net over 400 WHP, Just make sure you tuner is good, the factory kit has flaws
What flaws? I didn't find a tuner can do EcuTeck. They can only provide UpRev tune, so I cancelled the appointment.

Because I'm afraid there might be problems come after the UpRev custom tune, like you have to use 1000cc dynamic injectors, R35 GTR spark plugs, most importantly UPREV GT mass air flow sensors. I'm just afraid it would give me more headache. Right now, there's no engine light on or whatsoever problem exist.

The only problem I had right now is I can't start my car when there is still few gas left in my fuel tank. So I have to be more caution when gas is running low. Do not wait until the light is on. (But it did not light up when the problem happened)

I would call them back again to do a Dyno tune if you say I'm okay with 600cc Stillen injectors, OEM spark plugs, and without the MAF sensors.

I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada

Here is my MOD list:

Installed HRE Flowform FF01 wheels with Michelin pilotsport A/S 3+ tires
Installed AP Racing RADI-CAL brake kits front &rear with brake fluid flush
Installed Stillen Supercharger kit
Installed Stillen Oil Cooler kit
Installed Stillen CAT-BACK exhaust system
Installed Stillen Transmission Cooler kit
Installed Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering springs
Performed 4 Wheel Alignment
Drained and Changed to Fram Oil Filter - PH3950
Old 09-22-2016, 04:34 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

You would be fine with the injectors that come with the kit it your not changing anything, but I'd change them anyways, The GTR spark plugs are a must, you cooling mods , oil and trans look good, the the heat exchanger is a JOKE! First flaw is that. way to small to do anything, Second flaw is the MAF placement is pre SC and have now true way to read the air volume of air temp. Flaw three us the hole that is in the top if the SC "Breather hole" I had issues with this as my SC ingested water , my fuel feed line fell off, installer was bad!
Flaw 4 is their can tune is terrible I had no start flooding and driving issues with it, hence get a custom tune which you are. But I'd use ECUTEK and use Seb " Specialty Z" he does remote FI tunes and he is A++++ and tune with Speed density. MAF sensors are a good idea too, preventive is always the way to go.

Just curious too, way is everything Stillen, there are better options out there?
Old 09-22-2016, 04:42 PM
SWinnie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
You would be fine with the injectors that come with the kit it your not changing anything, but I'd change them anyways, The GTR spark plugs are a must, you cooling mods , oil and trans look good, the the heat exchanger is a JOKE! First flaw is that. way to small to do anything, Second flaw is the MAF placement is pre SC and have now true way to read the air volume of air temp. Flaw three us the hole that is in the top if the SC "Breather hole" I had issues with this as my SC ingested water , my fuel feed line fell off, installer was bad!
Flaw 4 is their can tune is terrible I had no start flooding and driving issues with it, hence get a custom tune which you are. But I'd use ECUTEK and use Seb " Specialty Z" he does remote FI tunes and he is A++++ and tune with Speed density. MAF sensors are a good idea too, preventive is always the way to go.

Just curious too, way is everything Stillen, there are better options out there?

Well many thanks for your info first. I'm just a noob, this is my first time to do my car MOD. I believed everything comes from one company would be more compatible with each other.

Can you tell me how to reach Seb "Specialty Z"? Do I need a Dyno machine to use ECUTEK tune? And where to get a better heat exchanger?

Last edited by SWinnie; 09-22-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:46 AM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

I will PM you the info.

You do not need a dyno, Street tune, best way IMO if you have the space. If you have a place that will rent you the dyno you can do that and have Seb tune it that way, I did this took about 3 hrs and them we finished up on the street. The dyno tuning will get you 99% done. Was 1000% worth it