Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

STILLEN G37 Supercharger Announcement!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Brian@Beshoff
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN
6MT kits shipped yesterday as we planned! Should give you just enough time to get that on for the Beshoff show!
Game on!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 PM
g37mobbin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If all rumors are true...im back in the game^_^

alright for the sedans that are interested...i will be dropping my car off next week^_^...i will give up going to a local meet for this

Last edited by g37mobbin; 06-12-2010 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what blow off valve are people using or just sticking with the one that comes with the kit.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by whiddles
what blow off valve are people using or just sticking with the one that comes with the kit.
You mean bypass valve. The one that came with the kit is a recirculating valve. I want a bypass valve but you'll have to weld a flange to mount up somewhere on the charge pipe for the bypass valve like the HKS.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
a Forge bypass valve is a direct fit for the stock Bosch piece
Old 06-18-2010, 08:12 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

How much for a piece like the forge
Old 06-18-2010, 08:20 PM
PennywiseG35S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much for a piece like the forge
I bought a forged bypass valve already, they run around $150. I don't know if it is necessary or not, I have heard horror stories about the Bosch bypass valves coming apart but almost all of those situtations where 20PSI or alot more.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

well i just got my SC kit today and it went straight to the shop and the machanic said bosch fail over time and cause boost leak. they can not handle high temps. its already over 100 here in texas alone. It was the only piece to the kit he did not like
Old 06-18-2010, 09:01 PM
ruckus12251985

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
josh, any info on the bosch and forge bypass valve? im going to get the kit in the winter and im trying to learn as much as possible about it and see some reviews on this over the next few months
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Q8y_drifter

^^ Which is why I'm gonna order my tuner kit without the bosch plastic valve or air filters. that way I can replace it with a Forge aluminum valve and dry type filters like Amsoil.

The Forge valve that you will need costs $155 at their site, and less if you look around.

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

The problem with the plastic Bosch valve is higher boost (over 15 psi) and heat. They will boost leak and not operate properly. They come stock on 335i's and they always boost leak when they get chipped. My friend runs two of those on his 335i. Zero issues and he's pushing 390whp with his chip and bolt ons and that's in 145+F heat.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

okay thanks for the info. i was just thinking of doing it know but i think i will replace this later on down the road unless i have so issues
Old 06-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Weiboy718

okay thanks for the info. i was just thinking of doing it know but i think i will replace this later on down the road unless i have so issues
yeah, why replace it when it ain't broken. what i really want is the race bypass air ventilated ones. i like that aircraft sound when going by hahaha
Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Q8y_drifter

BOV's may or may not be a good idea to use. Depending on the way it's setup, if the air is being released after it has already passed the MAF then it will result in a rich condition since the ECU is assuming the air is entering the engine rather than being vented to the atmosphere (such as during shifts).

This is ofcourse assuming the stock Bosch bypass valve is located after the MAF and the air is recirculated after the MAF as well. You don't want to recirculate it before the MAF or it will meter air that has already been metered. With the way Stillen routed the charge piping and installed the MAF sensors, I'm assuming the bypass valve is installed on the charge pipe and the air is being vented into the intake piping right after the MAF's and before the SC.

With that being said, you may be able to use a Forge Splitter, which is a bypass valve and a BOV in 1, it allows some air to recirculate and some vent into the atmosphere for the sound. It's adjustable too.

Anyone has picture of the stock valve installed?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Weiboy718

Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter
BOV's may or may not be a good idea to use. Depending on the way it's setup, if the air is being released after it has already passed the MAF then it will result in a rich condition since the ECU is assuming the air is entering the engine rather than being vented to the atmosphere (such as during shifts).

This is ofcourse assuming the stock Bosch bypass valve is located after the MAF and the air is recirculated after the MAF as well. You don't want to recirculate it before the MAF or it will meter air that has already been metered. With the way Stillen routed the charge piping and installed the MAF sensors, I'm assuming the bypass valve is installed on the charge pipe and the air is being vented into the intake piping right after the MAF's and before the SC.

With that being said, you may be able to use a Forge Splitter, which is a bypass valve and a BOV in 1, it allows some air to recirculate and some vent into the atmosphere for the sound. It's adjustable too.

No, they didn't Take any pictures of that part. It's right underneath the charge pipe and it's routed after tha MAF before the SC.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:21 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Q8y_drifter

That's why you get a custom-tune to compensate the air/fuel mixture. You could run a bypass or blow off valve safely with the correct tune.

Quick Reply: STILLEN G37 Supercharger Announcement!!!