Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:32 AM
tharbemiko

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The extra HP and torque is from the power tuning or whatever its called. It's a different option from the throttle restriction.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Redline37
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone tried to reach the top speed limit after increasing the limit to 155?
Old 04-18-2011, 09:46 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Redline37
Has anyone tried to reach the top speed limit after increasing the limit to 155?
That IS the car's normal speed limiter.
Hypertech only allows lowering the speed limiter. Same with the rev limiter.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by uvwd
Hey, All:

I know that using hypertech will remove the throttle control. But, I also see that this programmer will do other adjustment. Did anyone adjust other parameters?

I just got one and am thinking what else I can do in addition to removing the throttle control. Would somebody give a suggestion? Would somebody mind sharing what else they adjusted with the car? I have a 2010 G 4 door sedan.

Many thanks!
The power tune is the most common option along with the 0-60 throttle restriction removal, this is where Hypertech is picking up power gains via a modified ecu map.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:20 PM
uvwd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, All:

Try to install HT during the weekend. I did upgrade it before I plug it in to my car. After I plug it in the car and press the button to "on" and did not start the engine, HT said "Could Not Identify ECU".

Anybody run into this situation before? Any tips to give? Thank you!

My car is 2010 4Door.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:40 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Hey, All:

Try to install HT during the weekend. I did upgrade it before I plug it in to my car. After I plug it in the car and press the button to "on" and did not start the engine, HT said "Could Not Identify ECU".

My car is 2010 4Door.
The tuner would have displayed a number to call, or reconnect you tuner to your PC, it should report back to HT to get you your update.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 PM
uvwd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No phone number displayed. Just reconnect my tuner to the PC and downloaded an update. Will try again tonight. Thank you!

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
The tuner would have displayed a number to call, or reconnect you tuner to your PC, it should report back to HT to get you your update.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
sneakers
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi all

Been on the fence on getting the hypertech since this thread was started. I finally pull the trigger and just got it couple of days ago. My hopes for the hypertech is to minimize throttle lag (0-60 throttle restriction) and more usuable power in the lower range. Did it accomplish this? To a certain extend. I probably need to drive this longer to get use to the change.

Pre-hypertech:
When accelerating to pass or merge (around 30MPH), the pedal feels like it's stuck then all of the sudden the rpm shoots up; a lag if you will. During spirited drives, I like to accelerate hard out of a turn, only to be spoil by the lag then by a sudden burst of power. What I have learned to do was flick the left padal to down a gear before the turn and flick the right padal to up a gear as I am about to complete the turn (gotta love that Hotchkis sway bar). But sometime the computer takes you down two gears

Post Hypertech:
Like everyone have said, the acceleration is more linear/smoother and dont feel like the pedal is stuck. The engine feels like you can get the rpm up quicker but it doesnt feel it translate into faster acceleration...kinda like the power is not making it to the wheel. If that makes any sense. The lag is still there but minimized. In hypertech defense, in my opinion its not their fault or beyond what they can do from a programming perspective. I believe this falls on Infiniti to fix. I am no expert driver, nor mechanically incline like some of the folks on this forum. Just reporting from an average joe perspective and like all reviews are subjective. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

However, I can tell you this. I remember when I first test drove the car, it was very responsive. Amost like its ready to go no matter what speed you are at. From a stand still I can accelerate hard and when merging, did not notice a lag. Only complaint from the demo car was, I heard wind noise coming from back window (with radio off ) and the well known 3-4 gear rough shifting. Sells guy said this will go away after car breaks in and the ECM learns your driving style . I am one of the fortunate few after the TSB flash, the rough shifting was greatly reduced. I have the car for almost 2yrs and dont even notice the rough shifting now (maybe I am use to it). Did the TSB "tamed" the car? I cant say as I was still breaking in the car and never drove the car hard before the TSB upate. Did the MPG go down after hypertech? I drove 38miles on interstate 78 over the weekend and I got around 29mpg (base on dash display) doing 75mph using BP gas (yeah I know ban those guys), tire pressue 34PSI cold. I say this is on par with pre-hypertech.

Is the hypertech worth it? To me, if the price was cheaper, yes! It minimize some of the annoying problems and help some of infiniti's shortcomings. Again, my opinion is subjective and need more time on the wheel.

P.S Almost forget...I have a 2009 G37Sx Sedan using Mobil1 oil and filter. Only mod is sway bar and tinted glass.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:47 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Hey, All:

My car is 2010 4Door.

Glad your car started after mine did not had to tow it the the dealer for a new ECU. ??/ Glad the above post had good luck with it but if it where me I would save to UPREV..
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM
mikelebron

Was it covered under warrantee? Or did hypertext pay for the new ecu? It's a pretty scary position you are in.

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Glad your car started after mine did not had to tow it the the dealer for a new ECU. ??/ Glad the above post had good luck with it but if it where me I would save to UPREV..
Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 AM
taek

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very informative review. Thanks. I'm going to wait bit more to see if I reallg want it or not

Originally Posted by sneakers
Hi all

Been on the fence on getting the hypertech since this thread was started. I finally pull the trigger and just got it couple of days ago. My hopes for the hypertech is to minimize throttle lag (0-60 throttle restriction) and more usuable power in the lower range. Did it accomplish this? To a certain extend. I probably need to drive this longer to get use to the change.

Pre-hypertech:
When accelerating to pass or merge (around 30MPH), the pedal feels like it's stuck then all of the sudden the rpm shoots up; a lag if you will. During spirited drives, I like to accelerate hard out of a turn, only to be spoil by the lag then by a sudden burst of power. What I have learned to do was flick the left padal to down a gear before the turn and flick the right padal to up a gear as I am about to complete the turn (gotta love that Hotchkis sway bar). But sometime the computer takes you down two gears

Post Hypertech:
Like everyone have said, the acceleration is more linear/smoother and dont feel like the pedal is stuck. The engine feels like you can get the rpm up quicker but it doesnt feel it translate into faster acceleration...kinda like the power is not making it to the wheel. If that makes any sense. The lag is still there but minimized. In hypertech defense, in my opinion its not their fault or beyond what they can do from a programming perspective. I believe this falls on Infiniti to fix. I am no expert driver, nor mechanically incline like some of the folks on this forum. Just reporting from an average joe perspective and like all reviews are subjective. Please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

However, I can tell you this. I remember when I first test drove the car, it was very responsive. Amost like its ready to go no matter what speed you are at. From a stand still I can accelerate hard and when merging, did not notice a lag. Only complaint from the demo car was, I heard wind noise coming from back window (with radio off ) and the well known 3-4 gear rough shifting. Sells guy said this will go away after car breaks in and the ECM learns your driving style . I am one of the fortunate few after the TSB flash, the rough shifting was greatly reduced. I have the car for almost 2yrs and dont even notice the rough shifting now (maybe I am use to it). Did the TSB "tamed" the car? I cant say as I was still breaking in the car and never drove the car hard before the TSB upate. Did the MPG go down after hypertech? I drove 38miles on interstate 78 over the weekend and I got around 29mpg (base on dash display) doing 75mph using BP gas (yeah I know ban those guys), tire pressue 34PSI cold. I say this is on par with pre-hypertech.

Is the hypertech worth it? To me, if the price was cheaper, yes! It minimize some of the annoying problems and help some of infiniti's shortcomings. Again, my opinion is subjective and need more time on the wheel.

P.S Almost forget...I have a 2009 G37Sx Sedan using Mobil1 oil and filter. Only mod is sway bar and tinted glass.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
so does anyone know when hypertech is going to release maps for intakes or exhausts etc. i remember someone saying that it was in the works to get maps for intakes but that was a long time ago.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM
amf25

I can feel a difference with hypertech on my 6mt. have taken it off and on a few times to test it with and without. thats why i'm keeping mine. don't hold your breath for the intake and exhaust maps though.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by A_Palaroan
so does anyone know when hypertech is going to release maps for intakes or exhausts etc. i remember someone saying that it was in the works to get maps for intakes but that was a long time ago.
I emailed them again a few weeks back about this, but received no response.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i called them a few days ago to ask about it and the guy seemed like he had no idea about it.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Max Energy Sport...just got it