Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Osiris Up-Rev

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 03:10 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Osiris Up-Rev

Anyone here got it, and can let me know how it is?

I have an appointment with S&R Performance on Nov 17th, 2009 to take my car in for it. I just got an exhaust installed (FI CF ftw!) and now ive completed my breathing mods im ready to get a tune.

A lot of the G35 and 350z people (including FI) have had great success using the osiris up-rev tune and i hope i can get some benefits out of it. This will include dyno time.

Heres a cut/paste of what its about:
---
OSIRIS STANDARD
Osiris Standard includes Cipher and utilizes the Cipher cable to reflash and communicate with the vehicle through the OBDII Diag Port. Osiris Standard also includes Map Switching allowing you to use different tunes for different situations and 3 eTune updates you can use at any time.

Osiris Standard is a licensed based system meaning your license will be transferred to the first ECU that is flashed. This vehicle can then be flashed as many times as the user wants, but the flash will not work on any different vehicles. One additional license can be purchased at a discount for enthusiasts that may have more than one vehicle, contact us for details.

Parameters that we will tune can do:

Up to 5 Maps on cruise control equipped vehicles
Idle RPM
Speed Limiter
Electronic Throttle Control to achieve Wide Open Throttle at all speeds
Rev Limiter
DTC disable
AFR Targets
Fuel Compensation
Ignition Timing Advance
Cam Phasing for equipped vehicles.
---
Anyways i am just looking for some input on going this route vs the cobb AP. Seems not a lot of us go with tunes after the intake/exhaust/hfc route.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:51 PM
SOLISIMO

In other words it reflashes the stock computer right?
Old 11-12-2009, 03:59 PM
oOmikeyboy

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
In other words it reflashes the stock computer right?
i believe so. Its basically like cobb except theres no access port to change maps, its done via cruise control buttons on your steering wheel.

Ive been doing some browsing on the 370z forums and i think the Uprev has more features and is supposed to be just as good if not better than the cobb counterpart.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
SOLISIMO

I dont think its that difficult to compete with the cobb Pm g37ryder or whatever his name is, he knows his **** when it comes to this.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
First off, before anyone chooses side on which ECU Flash style to go with, get this straight first, they all do the same mission, and is to have better drivability, get full potential for your mods and push your NA limits to get more whp. Now alot of people have criticize Up-Rev or Technosquare for taking so long on our ECUs, and why? Well, let me explain why.

First yes, 350z, g35, g37, g35, they are all VQs. And yes of course all g37s have a certain same style ECU and same with every other model. But now check this, " Although every ECU is the same, not every ECU is the same" Meaning, for example (We may be humans, but not all are from the same country or culture, yes we breathe and live alike but still are not the same) Using it toward ECUs, yes all g37s ecu's are the same concept, but there are certain amount of ECUs out there, meaning lets say there's 4-5 types of ECUs for the g37, if you tune 1 type of ECU, the other ECU will not be cracked and tuned the same way right off the bat like the 1 ECU you just did. You have to work on it and develop tuning capabilities for it too. I get PMs of " why can my g37 be flashed, but my friends can't" its because the tuner figured out YOUR ECU, but your friend's ECU is NOT THE SAME EXACT ECU as YOURS, although you HAVE THE SAME CAR. How they determine it is (Correct me if I'm wrong) I believe every ECU has it's own numbers, there's only so much kinds so no not every single is different. (It's like Human and Continents, there's only several continents for humans like there is several ECU #s for our ECUs). So next time you wonder how come UpRev has not fully come out for the g37 yet, IS BECAUSE THEY'RE STILL WORKING ON ECUs that THEY HAVEN'T TUNED YET, once they successfully tune every single ECU # and style out there for the g37, they can TUNE EVERY SINGLE G37 Period. SAME WITH TECHNOSQUARE. (If you go to technosquare right now, and if your ECU code does not match the ecu codes that the tuner had tuned in the past, your car will have to sit there while they send your ECU to JAPAN to be cracked! Then when they get it back, that same ECU can be tuned, and from now on, EVERY SINGLE ECU that comes in with the same or simliar # or style as that ECU that was sent to japan, can be tuned! But do you want your car to be down while they are trying to crack your ECU? NO NOT EVERYONE DOES, THIS IS THE REASON WHY UPREV WANTS TO 100% COMPLETE THEIR STUFF BEFORE ITS RELEASED. I have tuners that my team members have brought then their vqhr ecu and the tuner CANNOT even FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET INTO IT!!!! (BECAUSE THAT ECU CODE HAS NOT BEEN CRACKED BY UPREV YET)

THE ONLY PERSON I KNOW THAT CAN DO THIS MAGIC AT THE SAME TIME IN THE SAME SHOP WITHOUT HESITATING IS SAM THE MAN @ GTM. My friend went there and his ecu code did not match, and unlike other tuners that say sorry we cant tune this car, Sam goes no worries and wam bam bam kabam and now that ecu is good to go! (Dont forget Sam help develop UpRev for the g37s etc so buddy knows his shiiznit!!)

Last edited by G37Rider92649; 11-12-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
SOLISIMO

I told you to pm him
Old 11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Why is Cobb AP Fail?

Ok, first of all, USING THE SAME MAP FOR EVERY CAR IS GHETTO PERIOD I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY. I could of done that if I was a tuner, tune a map on 1 ecu, load it on a stupid plastic gadget, and then load that map INTO EVERY G37 ECU. Why DO YOU THINK THEY DONT RUN RIGHT AFTER THAT!!! Why is ALL THE G37 IN EAST COAST RUNNING LEAN AND G37 ON WEST COAST RUNNING RICH! Cause it was tuned in FAWKING UTAH, I live in Cali not UTAH (Tempareture/Sea Level/Atmosphere/) all have to matter on tuning! You can get your car tuned here but it wont run the same in the cold in the east coast and vice versa. No real tuner wants to use their map for every car, I JUST EXPLAINED HOW NOT EVERY ECU IS THE SAME ALTHOUGH ITS THE SAME CAR, and yet this company makes an ECU MAP FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE. Quick way to make money that's how I see it, it works for the SUBI AND IS SUCCESSFUL DONT GET ME WRONG, but please keep that AP away from us. Over here after every single person that installed the Cobb AP, they all ran RICH. Their fuel economy and airfuel #s were all wacked, and yet they thought it was OK. If my car had those air fuel #s at GTM, SAM WOULDNT EVEN RELEASE MY CAR TO ME because it's not 100%, and here you go seeing all these people plugging it in and playing haha.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:32 PM
SOLISIMO

Yet when I say something negative about the cobb people reply with "man I love mine and feel the difference"
Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
oOmikeyboy

Well my G37 specifically has had a ECU dump that was sent to Up-Rev back in may. I spoke with Rich@Uprev on AIM about a hour ago and he has told me the G37 is good to go.

SAM@GTM is able to tune the way he does because he works very closely with up-rev to develop this tune, and make it applicable with the turbo kits.

Anyways, i do know that the 350z platform has just about 20 different "variations" in the same ECU, and they have them all, and "patched" them all. so the 350z is basically fully supported.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
SOLISIMO

So if I send my ecu to Japan do I get it tunned for free
Old 11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

I have to admitt, it's a quick and easy way to make money, but still not for a 40k car. Have u heard stories about how some g37s were down after Un-installing COBB? Like it had glitches and it went into safe mode, then they can't start their car? What did they have to do? THEY HAVE TO SEND IN THEIR ECU TO COBB WHILE THEIR CAR SITS THERE AND WAITS. ALL OVER A STUPID PLASTIC GADGET. I remember when I updated my AP and I got a bug in it and it went coo coo, and as uninstalling it it got bugged somehow and the car went tacky and my Cobb said "Sorry this is not a GTR" or something, I'm like WTF I drive a G not a GTR so I was stuck on the same map for quite some time until Cobb fixed the issues. Many people had issues while having it, and some worse issues while uninstalling it. Ask UpRev what they have to do if your car is down and you dont want to give Cobb your ECU. Damn't Cobb! Leave us alone! lol
Old 11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

nope, send it uprev or gtm. But yet, there's authorized dealers in Florida! So just wait until UpRev fully released it, or actually bring the car in and they can tell you if it can be tuned or not, if your at GTM it's getting tuned regardless.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:44 PM
oOmikeyboy

i dont think so lol

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
nope, send it uprev or gtm. But yet, there's authorized dealers in Florida! So just wait until UpRev fully released it, or actually bring the car in and they can tell you if it can be tuned or not, if your at GTM it's getting tuned regardless.
Yeah, i'm going to S&R performance which work on a lot of G's and Z's. so i should be good.

Last edited by oOmikeyboy; 11-12-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:48 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
HPLogic here in Florida
Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Just wait till UpRev releases, Im going to save my bashing for a few of their authorized tuners out here in SoCal, god I hate them! More entertainment and truth spillings coming dont worry LOL. Sam #1 for me, if not it's technosquare's tadashi the japanese tuner haha.

Quick Reply: Osiris Up-Rev