Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Osiris Up-Rev

Old 11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by oOmikeyboy
Well my G37 specifically has had a ECU dump that was sent to Up-Rev back in may. I spoke with Rich@Uprev on AIM about a hour ago and he has told me the G37 is good to go.

SAM@GTM is able to tune the way he does because he works very closely with up-rev to develop this tune, and make it applicable with the turbo kits.

Anyways, i do know that the 350z platform has just about 20 different "variations" in the same ECU, and they have them all, and "patched" them all. so the 350z is basically fully supported.
This is what I ment for the different ECU platforms and numbers. You have to figure out all of them before you release it to the public or you're going to have downtime on some cars being tuned. Not saying you can't use the same map for every ECU like Cobb did, you can do it, but it won't be 100% correct, this is my point, it wont run right.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
This is what I ment for the different ECU platforms and numbers. You have to figure out all of them before you release it to the public or you're going to have downtime on some cars being tuned. Not saying you can't use the same map for every ECU like Cobb did, you can do it, but it won't be 100% correct, this is my point, it wont run right.
yeah i get it. well i hope that my car is good to go with this tune, ive been waiting a long time for a 8k redline. I also plan to get dyno runs before the tune and after, to see how much is gained. i'm sure a lot of members here would like to see something like that.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:32 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Yeah your suppose to dyno runs before and after, that's how you determine how much power you gain. And yes I want to see myself! Wee good luck bro! Have fun!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:15 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Up to 5 Maps on cruise control equipped vehicles
Idle RPM
Speed Limiter
Electronic Throttle Control to achieve Wide Open Throttle at all speeds
Rev Limiter
DTC disable
AFR Targets
Fuel Compensation
Ignition Timing Advance
Cam Phasing for equipped vehicles.
Cam phasing??? Could you please verify.. Dayum 2C get's all turned on with all the ECU talk haha
Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
SOLISIMO

sam I bet your ecu is rare
Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
only when it comes to COBB, i remember telling him i got a cobb and he gave me the lecture :P
Old 11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
oOmikeyboy

Originally Posted by G37Sam
Cam phasing??? Could you please verify.. Dayum 2C get's all turned on with all the ECU talk haha
No idea what cam phasing is. i'm gonna ask rich@uprev n see what he says.

Edit: ok i asked. he says cam phasing only applies to intake and exhaust cams that have phasing. VVEL is a totally different beast, so it wont apply to us 3.7 folks.

Cam phasing only applies to the G35, Titan, and 350z. "Cam phasing" isnt the same as "vtec" though.

Last edited by oOmikeyboy; 11-12-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
chamelieon

cant wait for uprev to be released.. been waiting for sooo long.. think there was even an uprev rep on here last year and prob got banned since i never seen him since.

cobb is so lagging.. all i neeeed is ignition timing control..
Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
oOmikeyboy

Originally Posted by chamelieon
cant wait for uprev to be released.. been waiting for sooo long.. think there was even an uprev rep on here last year and prob got banned since i never seen him since.

Uprev can do that right? It says Ignition Timing Advance.

Will this be important in the tune? I hope they can get as much as they can out of my car.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:53 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Just don't worry man, give them your car, go outside sit down relax, come back later and it'll be faster

Originally Posted by chamelieon

UpRev was on here trying to tell everybody what sup, but people were too newbie at that time to understand, and plus Cobb AP was already out, and all the vendors was pushing it so when UpRev smashes the product that the vendor is pushing and whom has to pay monthly fees for to be able to push it, it doesn't work out to great if you get my drift.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
You want a real tune? Get a piggyback or better yet, a full standalone.

Can the AP/Osiris be used to potentially gain performance? Yes. Is it as good as a full standalone? not even close.

On the flip side, if you're NA and you want a tune, well... why? This isn't a wrx/evo/sti/gtr/domestic.

The car comes pretty damn well tuned from the factory. This isn't like the older VQ where there was plenty of room for gains. The only REAL reason to get a tune is if you have test pipes.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:53 PM
oOmikeyboy

Full standalone is out of my price range.

I was under the impression that if i tuned the car stock, there would be very minimal gains. However, when the car is modded, the tune becomes slightly more beneficial. This was the reason why i decided to do intake, hfc, exhaust, and now id like to fine-tune the adjustments so the car can make the best use of these parts.

i understand that the gains will not be astounding, it may not even be more than 10-12hp.. but its just like any other mod that we do. This guy (Semtex) got a gain of 6hp with it http://www.the370z.com/tuning/10654-...semtexs-z.html

But Mike, i do have a question for you. This tune is supposed to be able to raise the redline by 500rpm, making it right around 8k. is there any harm in doing this? the cutoff from stock is like around 7800.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:03 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Wait, is the uprev Osiris tune out now?

Ive been waiting foreverrrr
Old 11-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Long term repercussions are unknown, as the VQ37 is relatively new. From a mathethematical standpoint, the pistons speeds would be at just around 4500ft/min. Stock is closer to 4200. Piston walls shouldn't be overly stressed, and FI applications (so far) have been fairly successful. Long term effects on the rods and crank? Again, FI has been successful. (Problem here is, the guys with big HP don't seem to drive very hard, so we have to play the waiting game)

I'm friends with a maniac driver that revs his [NA engine] to 8000 regularly, and he's yet to see any engine issues. (He does religiously change fluids in his car, and uses top of the line stuff, makes sure oil is always topped off, etc.)

My reasoning behind recommending against a reflash on a VQ37 is that the engine is tuned near perfect from the factory. Cam timings (or what is effectively analogous to them) is literally ideal from the factory. AF is slightly on the conservative side, but anything more aggressive wouldn't work in all weather conditions (and even the factory ECU is constantly changing this based on readings). The factory intake isn't a restriction at all. Hell, even the throttle body isn't 100% open. It doesn't need to be.

The exhaust could modified, but with the cat in place, your biggest restriction is still there. A test pipe is the only TRUE gain on this car. Once a test pipe is there, the other supporting mods start to have a bigger effect, and so will a tune.

As far as the revs go, if VVEL could be tuned, then higher RPM would have quite a benefit for output, but right now, its just mostly extra revplay. The VQ37 has quite a meaty powerband up top.

You could always have a cutout placed in front of your cat that opens only at WOT...

Last edited by Mike; 11-12-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:13 AM
oOmikeyboy

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom
Wait, is the uprev Osiris tune out now?

Ive been waiting foreverrrr
Yep, it came out for the Z guys around the beginning of october.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Osiris Up-Rev