Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Greddy Twin Turbo for the VQ37HR

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:42 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
wait for someone to buy this first and blow their motor, then you buy! That's how you do it with these big name brands!

I don't care what that dyno says, GREDDY E-MANAGE?? That is in HISTORY one of the most SHIETIEST ENGINE MANAGEMENTS EVER CREATED BY MAN-KIND. LOL then again those come stock with all their kits.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:54 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
And 2C strikes again.. may I ask what makes Greddy E-Manage that sh!ttiest?
Old 11-14-2009, 04:03 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Hrmm never dealt with it so I never knew, but I can tell you, every shop I ever been to for years, all their installers hate E-Manage, all the tuners I ever met hate E-Manage, all the people I ever met that had E-Manage Had issues with it, I personally never met anyone with an E-Manage that runs correctly. The stuff it gives you to tune with is not enough and the stuff it does for your car is not enough, instead it causes you more issues then anything. So first hand experience? Nah I'll never know, but you can ask any car FI Enthusiast and when they hear Greddy E-Manage it's like O.O....BUUUT If you're a honda then maybe not, they use to tell me " You only buy E-Manage if you Broke and is saving up money for a real engine management system " Fortunately for us we don't need that, we got Flashes for even when we go FI!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:41 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this kit is out now. im trying to see what it includes.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:56 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

sweet, just remember, take a hammer and smash the e-manage that it comes with, shiet cant even make a turbo civic si run right what makes you think itll make a g37 run right.

If someone says then what would I do?

If i went TT i'd go GTM TT and take it GTM themselves.

If I go Greddy TT, I'd buy it and take it to Corner 3 Garage out here in SoCal and have them install it, then bring the car to Tadashi at Technosquare to have a tune.

My 2 cent.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:18 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
A little more reasoning would be appreciated 2C
Old 12-31-2009, 07:10 PM
akuma_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by whiddles
this kit is out now. im trying to see what it includes.
Where did you see that its out ? I checked their website and nothing new ? LMK, thanks !
Old 01-01-2010, 10:42 PM
G37Rider92649
Banned

where??????
Old 01-02-2010, 02:15 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
A little more reasoning would be appreciated 2C
don't bother Sam, he doesn't know. i read his post and its all "he said this" and "they said that". nothing specific as to WHY it sucks. i love posters like this...it's like "man that **** will blowzered up your moterz cuz datz wat a few homies told me"....lol

shawn from chruch automotive has done quite a few tunes with the e-manage on hondas with no problems...but truth be told it's still just a 'piggy' and not a stand alone.

so what you're really asking Sam is...yes you can use this to tune....but
since you're straight balla Dubai gangsta then you'd want to get a stand alone

from superstreet:

the e-manage ultimate can control your ignition timing separately from your airflow readings, but there are still catches. You are able to change ignition timing maps but the e-manage simply changes the output signal the ecu sends to the coils. The problem is the ignition timing numbers are not always consistent with the changes you make to the load sensor, whether its your map, or maf sensor. So you are guessing the timing numbers. The stock ecu also has multiple maps it can run for different conditions so you are not always consistent with the tune.

A stand alone ecu lets you build, from scratch, completely new ignition timing maps and fuel maps and cam angle maps.

in a nutshell....the ecu is the cars brain...to get a smarter brain, the best way is to replace the brain...not add another smaller brain to intercept signals to fool the main brain...LOL.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by cvt
don't bother Sam, he doesn't know. i read his post and its all "he said this" and "they said that". nothing specific as to WHY it sucks. i love posters like this...it's like "man that **** will blowzered up your moterz cuz datz wat a few homies told me"....lol
Those homies happen to be from his awesome car club, so show some respect!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Sam@GTM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
For anyone whether a manufactures, shop or a tuner that Recommends a piggy back system for a G37,370z or any Nissan product is simply doing a disservice to that person end of story .

Now if there was no other options or solutions then that is a different story, but with the current technology that being used today via the flash it's really plain stupid to use anything else .

Sorry for being so blunt but i think i need to be .

Back in 2007 in our G37 twin turbo development car We installed a complete stand alone (HKS Fcon vpro) on the car because there was no other option available then. And we got it done and it did work very well after spending close to 80 hours logging,monitoring and tinning although it can be tricky to work with we have overcome quite a few challenges, the amount of input the ecu looks at for all it logic is over whelming to say the least and using a piggy back system that takes the factory ecu inputs and outputs and try to manipulated is the wrong way of doing it in this platform plain and simple .
Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 AM
cvt

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
Come out to the next meet
and what? we gonna duke it out like we do 'old school' ? LOL. let me assemble my car gang so that both our car gangs can do it 'West side story style' YO. LOL

Originally Posted by G37Rider92649
man WTF damnnnnnnnnnnn that shiet mother fvcking PISSES ME DA FAWWK OFF right there, what sup with the disrespect? You trying to be funny or something?? Me and "my homies" ain't laughing. But hey lets keep it real, if your not trying to disrespect somehow than alright its cool no worries, if you are alright then for sure I'll keep that in mind
LOL. get some perspective...you're pissed off because of a forum post. and what's funny is that you post 'you don't care what forum members think about me' and post a whole rant like a 5 year old...LOL.

you know what pisses me off?

-my buddies in the middle east getting torn up because of oil.
-unemployed relatives who need money because of rich pig banks
-starving people in Africa getting shot begging for food

you know what makes me laugh:

"wah, wah, wah...you called me out on a car forum...wah,wah,wah...lets meet up...wah,wah,wah"

i personally love your posts...we don't get enough e-thugging in these forums. LOL.

ok seriously though: this is a forum to have fun in. whatever is typed can be read in a serious matter or not. it all depends on what the person does with it. and yes, at the heart of it we do agree piggys are not worth it. so shut up already...LOL.

btw-shawn is not MY tuner (my personal tuning experience is with Tadashi)...i only expressed that shawn uses e-manage and that he has done a lot of Hondas with no problems which is the truth (reference honda-tech, si.com, club rsx, etc)
Old 01-02-2010, 04:36 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Dude where are you trying to get with this? I dont smash anyone personally but only talk about products, and here you come in criticizing me personally and str8 attacking, what the hell. And no I'm not going to duke it out with you or call my car gang and you call your car gang, WHAT IN THE WORLD. E-Thugging? OMG. You straight talking shiet.

Originally Posted by cvt
and what? we gonna duke it out like we do 'old school' ? LOL. let me assemble my car gang so that both our car gangs can do it 'West side story style' YO. LOL
There you go again! Disrespecting! WTF

Hey, you know what, call my cell right now in my sig. HOW DA HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CRITICISM, ignore it and move on? Cause you keep going.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:40 AM
G37Rider92649
Banned

Originally Posted by SAM@GTM
For anyone whether a manufactures, shop or a tuner that Recommends a piggy back system for a G37,370z or any Nissan product is simply doing a disservice to that person end of story .

Now if there was no other options or solutions then that is a different story, but with the current technology that being used today via the flash it's really plain stupid to use anything else .

Sorry for being so blunt but i think i need to be .

Back in 2007 in our G37 twin turbo development car We installed a complete stand alone (HKS Fcon vpro) on the car because there was no other option available then. And we got it done and it did work very well after spending close to 80 hours logging,monitoring and tinning although it can be tricky to work with we have overcome quite a few challenges, the amount of input the ecu looks at for all it logic is over whelming to say the least and using a piggy back system that takes the factory ecu inputs and outputs and try to manipulated is the wrong way of doing it in this platform plain and simple .
There's a post that really matters to this forum.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:42 AM
cvt

Rider....don't make me flash my gang signs on you...then it's on like donkey kong...

Quick Reply: Greddy Twin Turbo for the VQ37HR