Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb test mule

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
i bet 8-10whp with a good tune...thanks for the update. good to see cobb taking interest on the G37
Old 10-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neverbonestock
WOW! what a day!!
A lot of you JWT fans are going to be pissed. Are you ready?
JWT results with highflow cats, FI catback exhaust, 285 hp and 232 lbs of torque, stock intakes...are you ready? 287 hp, 249 lbs of torque. Both intakes had 4 pulls a piece. With my set-up, highflow cats, FI catback exhaust the stock intakes yielded the most gains. Also, Tim who is the COBB tuner says his mustang dyno reads 5 - 7% less than a dynojet dyno. He believe with a tune, he can crack 300 hp and gain another 15 lbs of torque on my setup. These runs are without a tune , just base.

I was really surprised...I know you guys will voice or type your opinions on this one. I'm posting pics and will be receiving email in regards to the dyno results. I will post when I receive the info. I will continue to update as I get more info.
Thanks for the update, although that sucks about the JWTs. It's really weird, though. Those results are FAR different from the other two JWT dynos that have been posted on this site.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Skyline-LEXY

pms? any input on this?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
xyz
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neverbonestock
WOW! what a day!!
A lot of you JWT fans are going to be pissed. Are you ready?
JWT results with highflow cats, FI catback exhaust, 285 hp and 232 lbs of torque, stock intakes...are you ready? 287 hp, 249 lbs of torque. Both intakes had 4 pulls a piece. With my set-up, highflow cats, FI catback exhaust the stock intakes yielded the most gains. Also, Tim who is the COBB tuner says his mustang dyno reads 5 - 7% less than a dynojet dyno. He believe with a tune, he can crack 300 hp and gain another 15 lbs of torque on my setup. These runs are without a tune , just base.

I was really surprised...I know you guys will voice or type your opinions on this one. I'm posting pics and will be receiving email in regards to the dyno results. I will post when I receive the info. I will continue to update as I get more info.
17 lbs of torque?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:22 PM
KahnQuistador

Originally Posted by Skyline-LEXY
pms? any input on this?
If I was running JWT, I guess I'd have pms.

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Wonder if my Stillen intake has similar results.

Never had the car on a dyno and maybe my butt dyno needs some Preparation H.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you reset the ECU and run it for at least 15min after installing the JWT's? My guess is not, and the ECU was tuned for stocks, not for JWT's. Doesn't make sense concidering multiple other results showed gains and the JWT's are less restrictive.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:36 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey neverbonestock, post the dynos they should have given you. I want to see the HP curve and TQ curve. Not saying that I don't believe you BUT technosquare got some huge numbers on a reflash they did BUT the TQ was not flat and the graph showed tons of loss in the low end. Post the dynos please so I can get them to my tuner to take a look of it. If you have the dyno files like on a dynojet, that will be even better to post.

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Did you reset the ECU and run it for at least 15min after installing the JWT's? My guess is not, and the ECU was tuned for stocks, not for JWT's. Doesn't make sense concidering multiple other results showed gains.
Let him post dynos first before making a big deal about this. PMS and I both have dynos where neverbonestock doesn't. Not saying that he is lieing but if Cobb said this to him then they should have given him the dynos to back up the claim.

Last edited by bboysteele; 10-01-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:40 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Theres no way thats true. Cobb is bull****ting like Injen did except in the opposite fashion to make their article on G37 intakes sound good and valid. Their intake goes missing in asia and they said **** we gotta make this JWT lose 20 torque!. Cobb can kiss my white ***.

Last edited by tfmbigdog99; 10-01-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:43 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^Give the guy a break. These numbers seem to be a little fishy to me as well especially with 249TQ for the stock air intake compared to 232TQ for JWT. Sorry but something just doesn't add up. We need dynos.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
Did you reset the ECU and run it for at least 15min after installing the JWT's? My guess is not, and the ECU was tuned for stocks, not for JWT's. Doesn't make sense concidering multiple other results showed gains and the JWT's are less restrictive.
Yes the ecu was reset .
Old 10-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Skyline-LEXY

if this doesnt get settled.... there's going to be a chaos....
Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
Theres no way thats true. Cobb is bull****ting like Injen did except in the opposite fashion to make their article on G37 intakes sound good and valid. Their intake goes missing in asia and they said **** we gotta make this JWT lose 20 torque!. I feel the power all throughout the power band and the ****s sound great. Cobb can kiss my white ***.
Trust me I want the hp and tq too. I spent money on these (JWT).I took the G to the shop on 9/26 let it cool for a hour and we did 5 pulls. I wasnt happy with the results and when I went home , put the stock ones on myself . Not the shop. I dropped the car off late on 9/29 with the stock intakes and no JWT due to already doing 5 pulls for a base. I went there today and watch them due 5 pulls on the stock intakes and thats what the car put down. Tomorrow they are suppose to start tunning. Im not on cobbs side but I find the difference between the stock intakes and JWT interesting. Tim sent me the original JWT dyno on 9/29 so I will post that and im still waiting for the comparison dyno .. When I get it I will post.

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-02-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:12 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Dyno

This is the original dyno for JWT , Berk HFC and FastIntentions exhaust . Still waiting for comparison dyno .

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 10-05-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:20 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
Theres no way thats true. Cobb is bull****ting like Injen did except in the opposite fashion to make their article on G37 intakes sound good and valid. Their intake goes missing in asia and they said **** we gotta make this JWT lose 20 torque!. Cobb can kiss my white ***.
In regards to that statement they are not claiming any hp or tq with their intakes.. Thats why they are testing to see if in fact they produce anything .. If they dont as far as my understanding they are no going to sell them.. When they arrive from wherever they are thats when they are going to test on my car . Thats all I know about their intakes.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 AM
KahnQuistador

Originally Posted by Skyline-LEXY
if this doesnt get settled.... there's going to be a chaos....
Chaos? Maxwell Smart defeated them years ago.

EVERYBODY here has been hyping the HP gains/losses of various intakes without any serious comparison data for a LONG time. And now we have chaos? Looking at real data? Maybe the testers "fixed" the results?

I look at vendor propaganda for what it is. Propaganda. It's how products are sold. Have you ever heard any vendor say that their product produces less gain than anybody else?

Get a grip, folks.

My Stillen stuff is not immune from real tests so don't think I'm promoting one over the other. I'm just running a matched set of mods and I have no data to say my stuff is better than anybody else's setup.

Ya gotta love it. Real data shows up and people's worlds are crushed.

As Chicken Little said "the sky is falling!"

Quick Reply: Cobb test mule