Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

My G Got Operated On (success)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm calling another local dealer, if they won't help me then I may actually take the trip to Northern Jersey which is about 2 1/2 hours from me. We'll see what happens when I call tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:49 AM
ddominator1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On No Guys... I Think Im Hearing That Sound Too. Have Only 2500mi. Def Sound With Clutch In And Out. Very Subtle Though. I Do Have A Great Salesperson And Dealership Down Here In Sarasota, Fl. Im Going To Call Rich 1st Thing On Monday And See What He Says....hopefully "not Normal" D
Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by ddominator1
On No Guys... I Think Im Hearing That Sound Too. Have Only 2500mi. Def Sound With Clutch In And Out. Very Subtle Though. I Do Have A Great Salesperson And Dealership Down Here In Sarasota, Fl. Im Going To Call Rich 1st Thing On Monday And See What He Says....hopefully "not Normal" D
Give us an updated, but I have a feeling he's going to say it's normal lol.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Staples
Give us an updated, but I have a feeling he's going to say it's normal lol.
hes probably going to say that all infiniti does this. gl with it.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:54 AM
teedough

So everyone has this problem? I have 500 miles on it and it just started to happen.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 AM
PureNick

Aston Martin V8 Vantages make this noise as well... really loud actually and it's perfectly normal.

I know this means jack for us, but maybe so many of us are hearing this noise because it's normal for this car as well? I mean seriously, we're talking about infiniti here... not KIA. They tested the absolute hell out of the G. They have to... if the G fails, so does Infiniti. At least numbers wise... and in this industry, numbers are everything.

I have this same "issue" myself, with the noise when the clutch is not pressed in. I got my car with 200 miles on it because it was driven from Vegas so I have no clue who or how it was driven prior to me.

I'm at 1,500 miles now and noticed it since day one. I figured it was normal but now since someone ACTUALLY had theirs replaced, it raises some flags for me. I also hear a bit of noise in second gear... it's a more higher pitched noise like the one coming from the trans which everyone else is complaining about as well.

I'm going to take the dive and see if Infiniti of Thousand Oaks, CA will investigate this matter for me. I have a bunch of annoying rattle issues for them to take care of, I'm sure they won't have a problem taking a look at this as well.

But seriously, with so many of us actually hearing this problem... mostly all actually, should we really be concerned?

-Nick
Old 07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well it took a day of them tryin 2 BS me..here are the excuses:

dont hear a noise
we hear a noise, but cant determine where its coming from
its driver error b/c of the rims
the air intakes added to much power for the trans..(lol)

all the sudden they here the noise and now it is known as the throw out bearring like i been telling them for 2 days and they are now fixing it after calling infiniti...lol.what a bunch of queers...but hey now its getting done finally...
Old 07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Staples

Originally Posted by PureNick
Aston Martin V8 Vantages make this noise as well... really loud actually and it's perfectly normal.

I know this means jack for us, but maybe so many of us are hearing this noise because it's normal for this car as well? I mean seriously, we're talking about infiniti here... not KIA. They tested the absolute hell out of the G. They have to... if the G fails, so does Infiniti. At least numbers wise... and in this industry, numbers are everything.

I have this same "issue" myself, with the noise when the clutch is not pressed in. I got my car with 200 miles on it because it was driven from Vegas so I have no clue who or how it was driven prior to me.

I'm at 1,500 miles now and noticed it since day one. I figured it was normal but now since someone ACTUALLY had theirs replaced, it raises some flags for me. I also hear a bit of noise in second gear... it's a more higher pitched noise like the one coming from the trans which everyone else is complaining about as well.

I'm going to take the dive and see if Infiniti of Thousand Oaks, CA will investigate this matter for me. I have a bunch of annoying rattle issues for them to take care of, I'm sure they won't have a problem taking a look at this as well.

But seriously, with so many of us actually hearing this problem... mostly all actually, should we really be concerned?

-Nick

From what I've read the noise is coming from the clutch tapping the flywheel while the flywheel is moving. At times when I start in first and I do a slow launch it almost feels like the car seems to slug a little bit it almost feels like it's going to clunk out and I have to give it a little more gas. My Infiniti dealer said it's completely normal, but my last Nissan I had, had the same problem and turned out to be a bad throw out bearing. I'm really trying to find a dealer that I can get this looked at, not just an answer of it being "normal". Someone that will actually take the transmission housing off and look for themselves.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 AM
IP37

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
well it took a day of them tryin 2 BS me..here are the excuses:

dont hear a noise
we hear a noise, but cant determine where its coming from
its driver error b/c of the rims
the air intakes added to much power for the trans..(lol)

all the sudden they here the noise and now it is known as the throw out bearring like i been telling them for 2 days and they are now fixing it after calling infiniti...lol.what a bunch of queers...but hey now its getting done finally...

lmfao
why are infiniti dealers asshats like this? i've never had a problem with ford
Old 07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
PureNick

Originally Posted by IP37
i've never had a problem with ford
based on this quote right here, we all need to meet up somewhere in the US and storm in to an Infiniti dealership and do a sit out until they fix out cars.

Can't let Ford beat us out! :P (even though they do make bulletproof trans)
Old 07-02-2008, 06:09 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol..back to the mustang and lightnings for me =0) even tho me n my bro still have our lightning which is gettin the motor built =0) ....can n e 1 say torque like a garbage truck? lol
Old 07-02-2008, 07:36 PM
teedough

Originally Posted by PureNick
based on this quote right here, we all need to meet up somewhere in the US and storm in to an Infiniti dealership and do a sit out until they fix out cars.

Can't let Ford beat us out! :P (even though they do make bulletproof trans)
BUMP ^
Old 07-02-2008, 07:39 PM
teedough

So i went to the dealership today and they have me 2 g37s to try. both of them did this but one had 5k and other had 3k. I'm from So cal and I went to the Metro DEalership. They said it was normal but I still dont believe it. I have 600+ miles on it now and a noise like that shouldnt be coming from a brand new car. Can someone post anything from Socal if you are having this problem?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
626_G37

Bearing Rattling Noise

Hey buddy,

I am from SoCal too (El Monte). Bought my car at Metro Infiniti. I noticed this at about 3k on my car. When I first start up my car in the morning and drive I do not hear any rattling noises. Only after a long drive coming home from work I notice this noise.

I brought it to the attention of the Service Manager there which so happen to be the person admitting my car for an oil change. He told me it was normal (Big Suprise). He just told me to bring in the car when it was making that noise again. At the time it was early morning and I haven't drvien my car that much and my clutch was not making that noise.

I just notice a couple of days ago, when my car was making that infamous noise on idle, I stepped on the clutch (noise went away) and release the clutch slowly the noise was reduced significantly. Let me know if this fixes the problem for any of you guys with the same problem.

The noise is noticeable, but not to the point where I feel something is wrong with the car to bring it in to get serviced.

Advice for anyone taking there car to the dealer, don't bother talking to any low lever worker, immediately request someone with authority who can make decisions.

Got about 10k plus on my car now and the nosie did not get any worse from when I first noticed it.

Drive Hard!!!

Last edited by 626_G37; 07-03-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 PM
teedough

Thanks for the reply. Metro Infiniti is full asian fob mechanics that barely understood what I was trying to say. Talking to the service consultant didnt do me any good same as talking to the mechanic that was saying "its normal". He brought me up to the computer and he showed me a page of recalls but he showed me the 07 g35 recall page. He thinks I'm dumb enough to think that everything is okay. WE need people meet and mob it to Metro Infiniti. PM me please if you are in SoCal and still have your dealership say its "normal". But I also don't understand the people that say its normal on this forum to people saying its bad.

Quick Reply: My G Got Operated On (success)