Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

"Stuttering" Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 02:13 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You didn't take this to the dealership then to get the oil changed, right?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:20 PM
08ivorypearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele

how do your berk hfc's sound!!!!! im going crazy asking peopleDOMO
Old 05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
King of Torts

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Nope, I didn't . . . but I learned my lesson and will take it to the dealership from now on.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:07 AM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by King of Torts
Problem is fixed. I feel like such an idiot . . . the car was out of oil. The light never came on, although I had noticed oil in my parking space at home, so I finally decided to check. Almost bone dry!

I had just had the 3,750 change a few weeks ago, so I didn't even bother to check the oil level, but apparently the shop (Oil Changers) somehow broke a gasket. I took the car back to them, they fixed it and added new oil. Now it's driving as good as new.

Hopefully I didn't do any longterm damage driving with low oil. I only noticed the stuttering for about 2 days, and even then, neither the oil indicator nor the check engine light came on. What do you guys think?
My friend, with all due respect, that is not an acceptible resolution for a car with around 4k miles. The long term damage of driving any vehicle, especially one as new as your, is completely unknown and likely not discoverable until well after the warranty period. I would, at a bare minimum, insist that they either replace the engine in its entirety, provide you an unlimited mile warranty for any component that could possibly fail as a result of this - it will be impossible to provie failures were NOT related to this in components like the pistons, rings, heads, valves or other engine components that may have their life shortened by the excessive heat that was created from driving without oil. Furthermore, you ABSOLUTELY have a diminished value claim against them and you need to insist on this...if it were me, I would insist they replace the vehicle - PERIOD. And, not to scare you more, but if the vehicle recorded that situation in any fashion anywhere in any computer, or the dealer determines that the vehicle was driven without oil, you will void your engine warranty (check your warranty docs - it's clearly stated). The oil change place has a gynormous lawsuit on their hands and the future of your investment is in yours...

Thump..<-----------sound of me being thrown off my soap box (likely by my wife).

You go gettem!

Lee

Last edited by leeladisky; 05-03-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 04:15 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 08ivorypearl
how do your berk hfc's sound!!!!! im going crazy asking peopleDOMO
Sounds great. There is a vid of it on here that someone took. Not of my car but the same setup. HFC and stock exhaust.