Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Cobb access port

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Do they have products for other platforms with variable valves?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^Good question. I don't know. Maybe someone on here that is more familiar with the Cobb product can answer this.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:08 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 45 Likes on 6 Posts
so with the accessport, can we take our cars to a shop who is cobb certified and have them tune and create a custom map using the accessport as we add parts? I know of a ship here in AZ that does cobb tunes all the time on sti's. Lets say i went the TT route, GTM said a flash from technosquare would suffice if I only wanted a mild gain like 400 to 450whp and didn't want a stand alone unit. Could I order the TT kit, have it installed, and then tuned with the accessport? That would be sick!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^Very true but then it comes down to when the heck this will ever be released....if ever
Patience my friend. I spoke to them 3 weeks ago and its sooner than you think.

Aside for absolutely great functions(maps)such as valet mode, anti-teft mode, fuel economy etc... provided by CoBB, if you have a tuner around your area that is versed in NISSAN/INFINITI and is familiar with the COBB access port, they can make you several maps and load it into the access port so you can chose how much gasoline you burn Great item and its a plus if you decide to go forced induction

For example, Harmanmotive tuned our track evo with 2 maps, one with 91 octane with 402 hp and another with C16 cracking out 548hp. Both maps are loaded into the access port and can be switched when needed. I love that feature.

For those of you that are waiting and expecting GB, they don't allow group buys unfortunately.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

^^You are probably right Lou. Unfortunately when I called them last week the guy I talked to said they still need to do the 350Z one so not to expect anything for a year or two. I will need to contact Joe to get the real info probably. Let me know who you talked to in a PM if you can. I was trying to contact them about this to find out if they need a car to look at that had an intake since they said no intake was better then the stock which we both know is not true. I was going to drive my car out there and let them test on it for a week or two if they wanted to look into it for some custom maps.

I have a Cobb certified shop that I go to and they want this info ASAP because they would love to tune my car along with the other 350Z and G35s they work on.

Last edited by bboysteele; 08-04-2008 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for all the info, guys. I'm more pumped up about these ECU mods from Cobb and Technosquare than I am about any other mod at this point, considering the reasonable prices and performance gains. It would be awesome if they had it ready by the time SEMA comes around. In any case, if anyone's interested in looking for a Cobb dealer/tuner in their area, here's a link: http://www.cobbtuning.com/dealers/Default.asp
Old 08-04-2008, 04:47 PM
willizm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm hoping that the 370z is similar in terms of the different roms to package issue that the g37 is. This way it is more of an incentive to cobb to get a g37/370z accessport to the market. More similarities between our car and the new z means more demand which means more of an incentive for cobb to develope a product.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

So I got a response from Joe at Cobb on their forum. It looks like the AP will be released this quarter but no custom software yet so shops will not be able to create custom maps for your car/mods. They are no where close to getting the software done it sounds like. Another year at least but most likely two to three.

And maps designed for mods on our car looks like that will be a good wait as well. I wonder if there is another system similar to the Cobb AP but that is actually out and can be customized to your mods. Anyone know?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bboysteele
So I got a response from Joe at Cobb on their forum. It looks like the AP will be released this quarter but no custom software yet so shops will not be able to create custom maps for your car/mods. They are no where close to getting the software done it sounds like. Another year at least but most likely two to three.

And maps designed for mods on our car looks like that will be a good wait as well. I wonder if there is another system similar to the Cobb AP but that is actually out and can be customized to your mods. Anyone know?
Thanks for the update. Will we be able to control throttle response (like that Blitz Throttle Controller) with the AccessPort?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:56 PM
rossab

I had an AP for my STi and it was an awesome tool. It's a bummer to hear that it's going to take so long for them to come out with an AP for the G37.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by oct2274
I think they are moving pretty fast considering this is a first year car. It's a hell of a lot harder to develop something like this then something like springs! Considering that actual "G37" springs are just coming out.........hahah. On something like this I'm glad they are taking their time. I think they said there are like 10 different roms for the g37 already that they had to get ahold of. I think we are all excited to finally have a true tuning option, hopefully Cobb can be our saviour
Just wait until the '09 comes out with the 7AT and adds 4 more ROM versions to that list. I have a feeling us '08 5AT guys are gonna get screwed on this one since this is the first and only year the G37 had the 5AT.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 PM
sredish

Yes the G35 and 350Z AccessPORTs will be released shortly.
AWESOME! I pray pray pray that shortly means very short... I'm so ready for this unit.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sredish
AWESOME! I pray pray pray that shortly means very short... I'm so ready for this unit.
the G35 is now available
Old 08-07-2008, 11:32 PM
sredish

Originally Posted by ampdG37
the G35 is now available
what... tell me more... if you can sell it to me, PM me.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

It is on their site:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3687

Quick Reply: Cobb access port