ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Help with Dyno sheet! G37x

Old 03-19-2019, 07:32 AM
Johnnysantana
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Dyno sheet! G37x

Need help understanding this Dyno graph, it was done on a mustang Dyno from my understanding. The numbers seem pretty low in my opinion and I don't know if there is a way to convert these numbers to whp and rwtq ? Anyone been through this?
Old 03-19-2019, 07:42 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
290whp and 250wtq?

For a mustang dyno, that's pretty good...
Old 03-19-2019, 08:43 AM
Johnnysantana
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RMB5190
290whp and 250wtq?

For a mustang dyno, that's pretty good...
Are these numbers accurate? What's the difference between a mustang Dyno and any other Dyno?
Old 03-19-2019, 09:27 AM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I've read that the mustang dyno numbers will be ~12% lower than DynoJet. I saw a video of a guy with a stock Mustang (car not dyno) on both dynos and the numbers were 6-7% higher on the DynoJet. I assume conditions were not the same though.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:30 AM
Johnnysantana
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NealP
I've read that the mustang dyno numbers will be ~12% lower than DynoJet. I saw a video of a guy with a stock Mustang (car not dyno) on both dynos and the numbers were 6-7% higher on the DynoJet. I assume conditions were not the same though.
So a mustang Dyno is underated then? Now I'm curious about my results on w dynojet 🤔
Old 03-19-2019, 10:51 AM
6MT>7AT
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
All dynos vary from one another. If you want to feel better about yourself and pay to possibly see higher numbers then try somewhere else. The real benefit is to see a before and after against the same dyno after a mod or tune.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Johnnysantana
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 6MT>7AT
All dynos vary from one another. If you want to feel better about yourself and pay to possibly see higher numbers then try somewhere else. The real benefit is to see a before and after against the same dyno after a mod or tune.
Yeah you're right it was a nice gain I really can't complain. The difference in the drive is what really matters
Old 03-19-2019, 12:56 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnnysantana
So a mustang Dyno is underated then? Now I'm curious about my results on w dynojet 🤔
From what I read I wouldn't say "underrated" I'd say more "accurate" since mustang dynos simulate load similar to when you're driving on the street. If you want to do any comparisons I'd only compare with results from the same type of dyno.

Check this out: Dyno Confusion FINALLY Cleared Up

"If you took a typical DynoJet dyno (chassis dyno) and ran a car on it, it would give you a given number based on inertia and the spool-up speed of the drums. If you took that same car and put it on a Mustang Dyno or SuperFlow "load" dyno, you would get a much lower number simply because they are measuring power under different circumstances (under a load)."
Old 03-19-2019, 05:50 PM
Johnnysantana
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NealP
From what I read I wouldn't say "underrated" I'd say more "accurate" since mustang dynos simulate load similar to when you're driving on the street. If you want to do any comparisons I'd only compare with results from the same type of dyno.

Check this out: Dyno Confusion FINALLY Cleared Up

"If you took a typical DynoJet dyno (chassis dyno) and ran a car on it, it would give you a given number based on inertia and the spool-up speed of the drums. If you took that same car and put it on a Mustang Dyno or SuperFlow "load" dyno, you would get a much lower number simply because they are measuring power under different circumstances (under a load)."
Wow that's a great article bro, helped me understand a bit better. I'm just going to keep going to same Dyno after new mods later on. Thanks
Old 03-19-2019, 06:16 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
The most reliable power measurement comes from the quarter-mile track. There are formulae on the interwebs that will convert trap speed to HP.

Dynos, especially since there multiple types, are really only good for measuring changes you make. Always use the same dyno when measuring changes. And when you run, make sure the operator set's the machine for "standard conditions" since ambient temperature and barometric pressure influence power output.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:21 AM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 261 Likes on 214 Posts

This is my first time using a Mustang dyno also and confused on what is what. The day of the dyno, my numbers on the screen were as follow:

max hp: 337 hp
w/ WCF: 343 hp
max tq: 278 tq
w/ WCF: 287 tq

This was what was on the screen after my 3rd pull. I got my print out yesterday and I see this. Granted they cut off the graph before redline but I don't think I'll see anymore hp past this point. So Mustang dynos can display calculated numbers or measure wheel numbers on the screen?
Old 04-24-2019, 01:39 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

I suspect WCF stands for Weather Correction Factor. I'm amused at the engine power number, as if their dyno knows what your driveline loss is. It has to be just an estimate.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:50 PM
projectpanda13
Registered Member

Received 261 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
I suspect WCF stands for Weather Correction Factor. I'm amused at the engine power number, as if their dyno knows what your driveline loss is. It has to be just an estimate.
Correct, on the WCF abbreviation. So from the OP's graph, are his numbers calculated or the measured wheel numbers, since his says "Engine"?
Old 04-24-2019, 01:52 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

It lists both wheel power and engine power at the lower left. I'm confident wheel power is the actual measurement.