ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Help ECU Tuninng rec.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:55 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECU Tuninng rec.

i have recently bought an 2013 infiniti g37s and the previous owner install headers, exhaust, short intakes. And i was wondering was what ecu should i get. I don't know what's the best ecu to use for best tuning.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
You probably already have a tune. EcuTek is more current.

Did owner tell you about the mods or did you notice yourself? Hard to imagine no tune if they have headers.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

i notice myself. i bought it from a dealership apparently it was own by one owner. i looked behind the glove box but nothing. i looked everywhere and still nothing unless they put it somewhere that i don't know.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:26 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
I answered your post in the coupe forum.

BTW, it's considerd bad form to post a question in multiple forums.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:55 PM
user 3587587
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
people don't change ecus in these cars unless it a race car. We just program the ecu. don't go about messing with your wiring. just find someone near you that tunes nissans and have them tune it.
The following users liked this post:
Ernesto Arroyo (10-16-2017)
Old 10-16-2017, 08:03 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

yeah i know i wanted to put it in this forum and i been trying to delete the other forum but i don't know how.

edit: i dont see your post it shows nothing
Old 10-16-2017, 09:36 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
See the little blue triangle to the bottom left of your name area? That's the 'report post' button. Use it to ask the forum moderators to remove the superfluous post.
I swear I replied.

Trending Topics

Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

oh okay i figured that they might of done that. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

Lol nah I didnt see any response on that forum but thanks for the info on how to delete the forum
Old 10-17-2017, 04:37 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Ernesto Arroyo
i notice myself. i bought it from a dealership apparently it was own by one owner. i looked behind the glove box but nothing. i looked everywhere and still nothing unless they put it somewhere that i don't know.
Tunes are done via OBD cable. If you bought at a non-nissan dealership, you probably still have whatever ecu the last owner left you with. I would test drive a regular G37 and see if the throttle response feels any different. If your car feels more aggressive/responsive it likely has a tune.

BTW, you should really check and make sure the mods you have. I doubt you have headers now. Most people stop short of headers because of the labor isn't worth it.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Ernesto Arroyo

Originally Posted by kroy
Tunes are done via OBD cable. If you bought at a non-nissan dealership, you probably still have whatever ecu the last owner left you with. I would test drive a regular G37 and see if the throttle response feels any different. If your car feels more aggressive/responsive it likely has a tune.

BTW, you should really check and make sure the mods you have. I doubt you have headers now. Most people stop short of headers because of the labor isn't worth it.
It does feel aggressive and responsive or maybe i haven't driven a g37 so i wont know until i drive a stock g37. If i remember by looking at it it was short headers there not long headers and not only that says "legal for racing" i just did a quick look i wanted to see if it was custom or a brand of headers.