ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Wheel slip ECUTek traction control

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 07:54 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Received 322 Likes on 231 Posts
Wheel slip ECUTek traction control

I decided to do some logs for oil temperature today as temps are approaching 100 degrees. I saw wheel slip percentage and decided to log that too as I still get quite a bit.

Here's a chart of wheel slip using ECUTek's traction control which is FAR smoother than VDC and engages sooner but in a less invasive manner. I can get VDC pretty sideways before the rear brakes get slammed on. This was acceleration in a mostly straight line. I need to do some logs with steering angle checked off too (I think that's in there somewhere). Anyway, I found it interesting as I'm definitely getting wheel slip all the way to redline despite wider and stickier Michelins.

Mind, this is only from like 4200 rpm on up. I'll do smaller logs from a dead stop as I get quite a bit of wheel spin in the first three gears. The traction control is lessening the wheel spin as I believe it's set by percentage slip. Assuming it's timing based. I'll try to do another graph overlay of timing/wheel slip.

Here's a/f ratio and wheel slip:

A/F ratio by itself:

Here's timing, Air Fuel and Wheel slip on one graph.

Last edited by Ape Factory; 07-02-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Did a 4th gear run, not the full rpm range. Of note, the surface was rippled and I could feel the car struggling with grip as it accelerated through the rev range. Slip is in percentage.

Traction is bottom line, air fuel ratio is top line.

I also measured oil and intake air temps. If I remember correctly, it was 93 degrees out at the time. Temps dropped pretty quickly. Oil temps, however, rose. I've been logging oil temps now that we're always in the 90's and even into the low 100's. I'm seeing over 100 degrees celsius, as high as 104 degrees. There's no oil cooling circuit in the oil filter housing like the 370Z from 2012 on up. I'm really debating putting a cooler on the car at this point.

Last one is just a closer look at the air/fuel ratio. Prior to a tune, it was almost always in the low 11's to high 9's as it approached redline. REALLY rich.

Last edited by Ape Factory; 07-02-2017 at 11:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (04-19-2018)
Old 07-02-2017, 12:52 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

https://goo.gl/photos/8rScghE6DWd3HXx88
Old 07-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Ape Factory
Registered Member

Edited, test post.