ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Ecutek tune stock x sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 10:58 AM
AUR11

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts
Ecutek tune stock x sedan

So I am not going to mod my car with any performance mods such as an exhaust or anything as I think it sounds just fine and looks exactly how I want it to. However my transmission and throttle lag has been very annoying. My gf said she would get me the tune for xmas if I wanted it. Has anyone just gotten the off the shelf tune for increased driveability?
Old 11-11-2015, 11:30 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by AUR11
So I am not going to mod my car with any performance mods such as an exhaust or anything as I think it sounds just fine and looks exactly how I want it to. However my transmission and throttle lag has been very annoying. My gf said she would get me the tune for xmas if I wanted it. Has anyone just gotten the off the shelf tune for increased driveability?
I think you should go with the Fast Intentions resonated high flow cat before you do so to take full advantage of the tune. I have heard this setup on a stock OEM catback and it sounded stock.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:30 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Reset your ecu than see if it makes a noticeable difference for you.

Getting a $800 tune with no performance modifications is a waste of money.

If anything your car is going to shift more firm and not soft
Old 11-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Go to the dealer tell them your issues and have them install the new software needed to fix the tranny shifting delay issue. This is a super common issue and there are a bunch of threads about it on here. If you want to get better performance and not change the sound get the FI RHFC as MaQG37 mentioned they are going to run you about $800.00 parts/installed and will make for a nice difference in performance too.
Old 11-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by MaQG37
I think you should go with the Fast Intentions resonated high flow cat before you do so to take full advantage of the tune. I have heard this setup on a stock OEM catback and it sounded stock.
This.

I had exactly that setup for a year. Genuine power gains with the cats, and almost no difference in exhaust tone. Well... almost no difference. I'd be lying if I said it was exactly the same. Things are deeper and louder, but you'll be the only one who notices, and even then it's mostly when under full load.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:55 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I got the off the shelf from Visconti though we're street tuning it now.

Personally I would go with the Fast Intentions cats, get the dealer to ensure all updates are done and add a grounding kit before tuning. Side note - hang on to her, she's a keeper!
Old 11-12-2015, 09:15 AM
AUR11

Thanks guys. I did get the latest software update for my tranny last year, I think it was 27d if I recall. I'll have to see if there is another update after that. I guess my issue is more with the throttle lag more than anything. Sounds like FI cats are the way to go. ugh this is a slippery slope, I am sure I am going to end up with cats and then I'll want the ported manifold, might as well wait to do a tune until then. Also just placed an order for FA500 coils and I think I should have the gf get me SPL titanium rear camber arms instead...
Old 11-12-2015, 10:52 AM
jfisher
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Have you ever cleaned your throttle bodies?
Old 11-12-2015, 11:06 AM
Rochester
Administrator

and I think I should have the gf get me SPL titanium rear camber arms instead...
Top shelf stuff, at $100 premium over SPC.

Highly doubt there's a practical difference over the less expensive SPC camber arms, but pretty sexy hardware nonetheless. The angled arm does clear aftermarket swaybars better. The SPC arm has clearance, too... although just barely.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:21 AM
AUR11

Originally Posted by jfisher
Have you ever cleaned your throttle bodies?
Yup, I've done it twice now in the 30k miles I have put on the car (65k now)
Made a slight difference but not great. I think the RHFC and a tune will really wake up the car down the road.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:27 AM
AUR11

Originally Posted by Rochester
Top shelf stuff, at $100 premium over SPC.

Highly doubt there's a practical difference over the less expensive SPC camber arms, but pretty sexy hardware nonetheless. The angled arm does clear aftermarket swaybars better. The SPC arm has clearance, too... although just barely.

Definitely a premium, but I am intending to keep this car for quite a while longer since it's damn near paid off. Plus really nice coil overs deserve really nice camber arms. Will look really nice with all my GT spec braces I have. Next project is to POR15 some of the mild surface rust and make the undercarriage look new again and repaint the front bumper to fill the front plate holes since I don't need it anymore and maybe refinish the wheels and bring it back to showroom condition. There is literally no other car available right now that makes me wish I owned it instead of the G.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Rochester
Administrator

There is literally no other car available right now that makes me wish I owned it instead of the G.
Hmm. My advice... do not drive a Jag F-Type. You will be sad.

Hey, what about the front camber arms? That's some big money if you go with SPL.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:37 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
That's a pretty bold statement from the OP, maybe in the price range of a used G?? I can make a very long list of cars I'd rather have than the G, but they are not in my budget.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:56 AM
AUR11

Hey, what about the front camber arms? That's some big money if you go with SPL.
Haven't decided on the fronts yet. I actually want the front to sit a little higher than it does now and my installer has gotten my alignment pretty damn close as is so I think it should be good to go. But maybe down the road I will get the SPL camber arms. Hoping my team really delivers this year since my bonus is based on their performance. I have driven the Jag F-type, I loved it, but I am waiting for the XE-S to come out and be on the market for a couple of years.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:59 AM
AUR11

Originally Posted by MaQG37
That's a pretty bold statement from the OP, maybe in the price range of a used G?? I can make a very long list of cars I'd rather have than the G, but they are not in my budget.
That's basically what I meant. Everything I want is over 50k even used and right now it wouldn't be the most intelligent decision and I don't see myself ever wanting to spend more than 40k on a car. Just called Luke at THMotorsports, my Fortune Auto coils will be here in 3-4 weeks.

Quick Reply: Ecutek tune stock x sedan