ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

anyone herd of amr performance and their "stage 1 or 2 ecu reflash"

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 02:06 AM
wild_pea

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone herd of amr performance and their "stage 1 or 2 ecu reflash"

AMR DFC ECU Upgrade - Infiniti G37

Did a little Google search but no answer does anyone know how legit this is? Its different than the other tunes I've read about for our cars
Old 10-16-2014, 06:25 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
I think they also sell the "turbonator" electric twin turbo kits. Just don't do it.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:24 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
They do show a G37 on the dyno, that's pretty convincing. But... wait... NO DYNO NUMBERS!?!? lol

Quick Google search...
AMR Performance STAY AWAY!

Last edited by Ryne; 10-16-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:17 AM
wild_pea

OK but I'm just trying to think what tune do they do?
Old 10-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by wild_pea
OK but I'm just trying to think what tune do they do?
According to their website, your $700 gets you: "This is a direct reflash into your factory ECU. No need for a piggy back or hand unit!"

With this impressive technology, you gain "up to 30 hp increase" in horsepower and an undisclosed amount of torque, which is proven by their dyno run that shows the car will at least still be able to run after the "tune".

Their obscure chart doesn't appear to be in English, so I will post it so you can make your own false hopes of what will happen:

STOCK HORSEPOWER: 332/350HP
AMR ECU UPGRADE: 365/380HP

This chart is a direct copy and paste from their site makes zero sense to me. Not to mention those are unrealistic NA numbers.

They also have "Improved Fuel Economy" in green letters, so I'm not sure what that converts into MPGs, but we can assume it's a lot.

Another feature is that it improves your turbocharger response. This is definitely impressive. Our turbo is already so small, and spools so quickly, I didn't realize there was room for improvement (it's almost like it's not even there, lol).

Good luck.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:04 PM
wild_pea

Originally Posted by Ryne
According to their website, your $700 gets you: "This is a direct reflash into your factory ECU. No need for a piggy back or hand unit!"

With this impressive technology, you gain "up to 30 hp increase" in horsepower and an undisclosed amount of torque, which is proven by their dyno run that shows the car will at least still be able to run after the "tune".

Their obscure chart doesn't appear to be in English, so I will post it so you can make your own false hopes of what will happen:

STOCK HORSEPOWER: 332/350HP
AMR ECU UPGRADE: 365/380HP

This chart is a direct copy and paste from their site makes zero sense to me. Not to mention those are unrealistic NA numbers.

They also have "Improved Fuel Economy" in green letters, so I'm not sure what that converts into MPGs, but we can assume it's a lot.

Another feature is that it improves your turbocharger response. This is definitely impressive. Our turbo is already so small, and spools so quickly, I didn't realize there was room for improvement (it's almost like it's not even there, lol).

Good luck.
I do not plan on getting it and it does seem fishy but the company itself seems reputable. They have been around a while and I mean you can't straight up lie if I go there drop 700 bucks for their tune and it's **** then I get my money back I would want someone to chime in that may have gotten this done on their g.....
Old 10-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Originally Posted by wild_pea
I do not plan on getting it and it does seem fishy but the company itself seems reputable. They have been around a while and I mean you can't straight up lie if I go there drop 700 bucks for their tune and it's **** then I get my money back I would want someone to chime in that may have gotten this done on their g.....
I don't think anyone is going to chime in with experience since there are more reputable places/ways to get your car tuned for similar money.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-gener...il-tuning.html (Quotes below)

"I recently used AMR's e-tuning, and to be honest, what a terrible experience. The customer service at AMR is a joke. I waited for days to get replies from them, and have been waiting about 3 months for my last reply."

"I just used AMR's email tune service myself and got a base map the next day and waited a week or so for the first revision, and now much like you(but not near as long) I have been waiting almost a month to hear back. Did they ever get back with you?"

You would hope it works like that, but it's not always easy to get your money back.

Last edited by Ryne; 10-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:36 PM
wild_pea

Originally Posted by Ryne
I don't think anyone is going to chime in with experience since there are more reputable places/ways to get your car tuned for similar money.

AMR E-mail tuning - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com (Quotes below)

"I recently used AMR's e-tuning, and to be honest, what a terrible experience. The customer service at AMR is a joke. I waited for days to get replies from them, and have been waiting about 3 months for my last reply."

"I just used AMR's email tune service myself and got a base map the next day and waited a week or so for the first revision, and now much like you(but not near as long) I have been waiting almost a month to hear back. Did they ever get back with you?"

You would hope it works like that, but it's not always easy to get your money back.
yeah i think it's best i just go with an uprev when i finish my bolt ons. i just need to find someone with an awd dyno that wil do the uprev tune around the ct area....
Old 10-16-2014, 05:29 PM
Magowin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I had my 05 Legacy GT I went to AMR to get pro tuned but that was with a Accessport on there Dyno. Actually looking at the site I don't think it's the same AMR I went to. The AMR I went to was in I think Staten Island or Long Island always get them mixed up.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:59 PM
PongSanity

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts
For $700 Id just buy Uprev Osiris...