ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

My personal experience with both Uprev and EcuTek Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Tcruarceri

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How was your experience with the PA tuner? As far as I know there are no awd tuners in my area (long island).
Old 03-01-2014, 05:10 PM
rm2342

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteG37S
Thanks for this thread! Does EcuTek offer e-tunes? I saw that someone asked this question but no one responded

I think that they do through some of their vendors. Motion Labs, I think?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:08 PM
j.curt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteG37S
Thanks for this thread! Does EcuTek offer e-tunes? I saw that someone asked this question but no one responded

The ECUTek tuner I am using is doing everything by e-tune. The company name is Dynotronics. Not sure how I feel about this, but they say this is normal
Old 03-14-2014, 08:51 PM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
I believe John V. does e-tunes as well.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:52 PM
ClickClackSmack

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Tcruarceri
How was your experience with the PA tuner? As far as I know there are no awd tuners in my area (long island).
I got my awd tune done by John Visconti at MR Performance in Westbury NY.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:05 PM
DJE44

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Tcruarceri
Fantastic. RTTuning has done more VQ tunes than anyone from what I've heard, and I would recommend them to anyone interested in an UpRev or EcuTek tune.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Upscale Speed
Premier Member

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Reviving this thread as I'm going to be getting my car tuned this coming Tuesday. I was planning on going the EcuTek route largely in part due to this thread. Can any members that have EcuTek tunes comments on their experiences and how many miles have you logged since your tune? Any issues?
The following users liked this post:
ANMVQ (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Oh My G 523

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tune

Originally Posted by ClickClackSmack
I got my awd tune done by John Visconti at MR Performance in Westbury NY.
How much did they run you on the EcuTek and a dyno? If you don't mind me asking. I'm out east and would love to get this done once I drop my RHFCs
Old 02-27-2015, 11:38 AM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Upscale Speed
Reviving this thread as I'm going to be getting my car tuned this coming Tuesday. I was planning on going the EcuTek route largely in part due to this thread. Can any members that have EcuTek tunes comments on their experiences and how many miles have you logged since your tune? Any issues?
You and I are going to beat this conversation into the ground man haha. I really was leaning towards EcuTek but if Dynosty won't do it, I'm not sure I want to go somewhere else. :/ Since yours is going to be done about a month before mine...maybe I'll wait for your feedback.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:47 AM
RexHavoc
Premier Member

Received 163 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Oh My G 523
How much did they run you on the EcuTek and a dyno? If you don't mind me asking. I'm out east and would love to get this done once I drop my RHFCs
I'm going to have him etune mine, I think that runs about $800
Old 02-27-2015, 12:28 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Etune should only cost like $500. I think that's what I was charged for my ECUTEK and etune( that never happened) Tune flaked.

I guess food for thought my last ETUNE UPREV cost me WAY less than that Lifetime support and unlimited reflashes.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:44 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Etune should only cost like $500. I think that's what I was charged for my ECUTEK and etune( that never happened) Tune flaked.

I guess food for thought my last ETUNE UPREV cost me WAY less than that Lifetime support and unlimited reflashes.
The only problem I see with this is that Dynosty told me that Uprev has given up trying anything "new" with their VQ stuff. They aren't pushing a lot of updates, and aren't trying to break the VVEL. I hear that EcuTek is still trying and pushes much more frequent updates. But of course, EcuTek is newer to the market, and probably has a lot to learn still...hence, more updates. I dunno...
Old 02-27-2015, 01:02 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
The only problem I see with this is that Dynosty told me that Uprev has given up trying anything "new" with their VQ stuff. They aren't pushing a lot of updates, and aren't trying to break the VVEL. I hear that EcuTek is still trying and pushes much more frequent updates. But of course, EcuTek is newer to the market, and probably has a lot to learn still...hence, more updates. I dunno...

YEA:/ we'll see how that goes ECUTEK has over promised and been under delivering for a over a year now. Flat foot shifting, launch control ECT. Stuff us auto guys really don't need but the 370Z fourm they have been all over the ECUTEK issue with NO updates for a while now. Trust me I would love to try ECUTEK out and see how different it is but paying 2x what I paid for UPREV for a maybe gain isn't worth it .
Old 02-27-2015, 01:40 PM
IntricateDetail
Wannabe

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
YEA:/ we'll see how that goes ECUTEK has over promised and been under delivering for a over a year now. Flat foot shifting, launch control ECT. Stuff us auto guys really don't need but the 370Z fourm they have been all over the ECUTEK issue with NO updates for a while now. Trust me I would love to try ECUTEK out and see how different it is but paying 2x what I paid for UPREV for a maybe gain isn't worth it .
Yea, I've seen that across the Z and G forums as well. A LOT of hope since the end of '13, beginning of '14, and I haven't been able to find even one example of a "new" product or update that was a game changer since all the hype back in '13.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:42 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
Yea, I've seen that across the Z and G forums as well. A LOT of hope since the end of '13, beginning of '14, and I haven't been able to find even one example of a "new" product or update that was a game changer since all the hype back in '13.

The reason I stayed with UPREV Well the $$ mattered and I have NO ECUTEK tuner near me a trust yet, UPSCALE is helping me with that tho I think .

Quick Reply: My personal experience with both Uprev and EcuTek Tunes