ECU Tuning / Dyno Data This subforum is specifically aimed at ECU Tuning reviews, questions, dyno charts, etc..

Hypertech or Osiris(UpRev)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 03:39 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hypertech or Osiris(UpRev)?

Hey guys

I'm waiting on a new CF catback + resonated headers from FI for my G. I already have the Gen3 intakes installed, and at this point, I'm browsing around for a tune solution to maximize my power output as well as avoid running lean after installing the new mods..

So far, I'm down to these two choices, Hypertech and Osiris.

As far as I understand, Hypertech is a standalone unit that does all the work and is updated every now and then from the internet. But does it contain custom maps for our VQ? or does it read the parameters and adjusts them as it sees fit?

The Osiris solution seems to be more custom made for each application, but as far as I understand, you need to hook it up to a pc, read the logs from the ECU, send them to the company, and get your custom map via email.. Can I revert back to stock map if say I need to take the car to the dealer? Also, does it allow me to have more than one map for my car?

I'm hoping that anyone who have (had) any of these two solutions would enlighten me and the rest of us

Edit: Almost forgot: Hypertech claims a 0-60 throttle restriction removal. Sounds like an awesome feature to have, but I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical on that claim. Can any of you Hypertech users verify this for us??

Last edited by borfoo3; 03-30-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
Osiris or UPREV, you will see better gains from them( Custon tune) HT just does some small adjustments.. The 0-60 Restriction be the best from what I have read.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:50 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

oh yeah, I was just about to edit my post for that 0-60 throttle restriction feature. I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical on the accuracy of that claim.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:06 PM
ANMVQ
Registered Member

Received 394 Likes on 343 Posts
No it actual does it, allows the throttle to open a lot more. I had the HT on my MS3, and stock boost in 1st was like 9. The HT it was 16
Old 03-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd say UPREV for the win!
Yes you'll need there OSIRIS software for PC's($500 - great for your laptop) to save maps and tune as well as a stand alone module($700). With tune, add in $550. So $1150 - $1250.

No I don't have my tune yet, but its my last mod this year with the purchase of the FI cat-back exhaust. The local tuner down here is HP Logic a very reputable shop that has tuned the worlds fastest GTR! I'm going there soon!
Old 03-30-2011, 05:31 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

hmmm... seems like uprev's getting the upper hand here..

Second part of my question: Does Hypertech solve the leaned out A/F ratio issue once all mods are installed? Having power and ending up with a seized engine is not my preference here.. :P
Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Hypertech

Originally Posted by borfoo3
hmmm... seems like uprev's getting the upper hand here..

Second part of my question: Does Hypertech solve the leaned out A/F ratio issue once all mods are installed? Having power and ending up with a seized engine is not my preference here.. :P

What mods are you concerned about? Only hardcore stuff can be a issue. Turbo, Nitrous, internal motor work.

Please don't hesitate to call tech support 800-532-3351 with any detailed tuning questions
Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Romulus1

i have the uprev on my coupe, def worth it in my opinion. I dont have the software for my computer or anything by my local shop that performed my tune is quite good to me for any other needs i have
Old 03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
With a setup like yours you definitely need a custom tune, a hypertech will not extract the maximum out of your mods. With UpRev you can have a map tailor-made for you car which is the right way to go, all you have to do is find a tuner who knows what he's doing though
Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
icfp1980

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
U can have up to 5 maps on the UpRev tune. So yes u can go back to a stock map when taking it into the dealer. I've had mine for about two months with similar mods. Enjoy, with which ever one u go with!
Old 03-31-2011, 05:16 PM
borfoo3
Registered Member

Just talked to Hypertech's tech support, and it seems like the device doesn't correct any A/F ratios (if anything, he said it might lean things out a bit!)..

But since I found a sweet deal for it online, I guess I'm going to dyno my car with the new mods first, then again with hypertech programming and see how the A/F's look like.. If things are too lean for my taste, expect to see a Hypertech for sale around here pretty soon!
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Frankyg37s

Originally Posted by G37Sam
all you have to do is find a tuner who knows what he's doing though
damm Thats my only problem
Old 03-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Frankyg37s

Originally Posted by borfoo3
Just talked to Hypertech's tech support, and it seems like the device doesn't correct any A/F ratios (if anything, he said it might lean things out a bit!)..

But since I found a sweet deal for it online, I guess I'm going to dyno my car with the new mods first, then again with hypertech programming and see how the A/F's look like.. If things are too lean for my taste, expect to see a Hypertech for sale around here pretty soon!
yea looks like im selling my hypertech soon and going for a custom tune once i install my HFC i thought hypertech smoothed out the A/f look like what u read here isnt always true
Old 03-31-2011, 08:20 PM
TL37

I just got my hypertech and going to see if that works fine for my setup as well with Stillen Catback and R2C. Hope it will smooth out the throttle lag and going to try out the 0-60 restriction which a lot of people claim is a legitimate upgrade which I really don't have any clue of what that is;p
Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
^ answered in your other post.

Quick Reply: Hypertech or Osiris(UpRev)?