Drivetrain Reviews of clutches, gear mods, diffs, axles etc..

Review Motul Gear300 transmission & Gear300LS diff oils

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 04:45 PM
goldbug
Premier Member

Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts
Motul Gear300 transmission & Gear300LS diff oils

So it’s around 2 months later, but I’m finally getting around to some of the reviews I’ve been meaning to post.

I swapped out all of the fluids in my car other than the engine coolant and was blown away by the difference. I’m not sure what the previous owner ran in my car when I bought it with 52k miles on it, but at 62k miles on my 13' 6-speed sport coupe I wanted to change it all, especially after hitting the 60k mile service interval. I'll post a separate review for the Redline oil I also put in at some point, and another short one of my R2C intakes I have installed now after removing my Z1 intakes - I tried to combine my few sentences of thoughts into another short review of my R2C intakes and already got in trouble with the mods for that Anyways, for the manual transmission I used Motul Gear300, and then for the rear diff I used Motul Gear300LS since it has some additives specifically suited for LSD’s- but note it’s not meant to be used in the transmission according to Motul. Everything feels much smoother, from the engine to rowing through the gears, and even the clutch engagement feels a lot better. Gears want to go where they are supposed to and it feels like they fight you much less when shifting, and just pushing the shifter into gear is much more butter-like. I'll definitely be sticking to that combination for the future and really recommend it. For the amounts, I used 3 quarts of Motul Gear 300 for the transmission and 2 quarts of Motul Gear 300LS for the diff. I had around half a bottle of the diff fluid leftover also but will double check the accuracy of that comment when I'm back home. Feel free to ask any questions if I missed something but just wanted to share my quick thoughts on these products, since I couldn't find too much info myself searching the forum for Motul Gear300LS.

I cut and pasted this post from another I deleted so excuse me if it sounds like it's missing parts bc it is. I'll post another review tomorrow of my Tein Street Basis Z coilovers. I’ll be installing some Z1 20mm spacers and extended studs soon also that have been waiting in my closet for a month, along with some Motul RBF600 brake fluid that's waiting on new pads.

Last edited by goldbug; 06-27-2019 at 08:45 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by goldbug:
Baadnewsburr (06-26-2019), deepblue3 (06-26-2019), slartibartfast (06-26-2019)