D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

K&N Panel Engine Air Filter

Old 05-09-2019, 06:06 PM
kore.vq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K&N Panel Engine Air Filter

So I was changing out my engine air filters from cheap old disposable air filters for K&N filters but while i was trying to put the part back into the air box it was quite hard to push the metal connectors back on. I was wondering if anyone else had this same experience or if i should check something out. the regular old ones went back in fine but i dont really know why the new ones were harder to put in. maybe just cause im inexperienced
Old 05-10-2019, 03:03 AM
Said Amir
Registered Member

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
That is normal, same thing on my car. The rubber around it just a bit thicker so crap does not go around the edges, but more through the filter it self. Also make sure that when you oil them up do not use a lot of oil or it will leak out through the holes of the air filter housing from the bottom and get all over the inner fenders. Don't ask how i know lol.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:24 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by kore.vq
So I was changing out my engine air filters from cheap old disposable air filters for K&N filters but while i was trying to put the part back into the air box it was quite hard to push the metal connectors back on. I was wondering if anyone else had this same experience or if i should check something out. the regular old ones went back in fine but i dont really know why the new ones were harder to put in. maybe just cause im inexperienced
Poor quality control on aftermarket parts most likely made in China?
I'm on my third Infiniti and never had that problem over the past fourteen years and over 300k miles. I change my air filters roughly every 10k miles
Then again I only use OEM air filters that I purchase at the dealer and get my 10% discount, sometimes more.

Telcoman
Old 05-11-2019, 03:24 AM
usedG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by telcoman
Poor quality control on aftermarket parts most likely made in China?
I'm on my third Infiniti and never had that problem over the past fourteen years and over 300k miles. I change my air filters roughly every 10k miles
Then again I only use OEM air filters that I purchase at the dealer and get my 10% discount, sometimes more.

Telcoman
No, K&N is manufactured and designed in Riverside. has thicker rubber seal than OEM