D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Directed DB3 Install - 2010 x Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 07:14 PM
cortlinhess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Directed DB3 Install - 2010 x Coupe

Hello all. New to the forum. Hoping I'm in the right place, so here goes:

I just bought a Directed DB3 remote start/override module from Amazon. It was supposed to be pre-flashed, but I've found out that it is not. I've installed these units in the past in my Jeep and a friend's Altima, but as it turns out, now they are only letting you login to the website (to perform firmware updates) if you are an authorized dealer. It appears that the credentials I used a couple of years ago are no longer valid, as they are not catering to DIYers and enthusiasts any more. This sucks, especially since I have a XKLOADER2 programmer, and when I bought it 3-4 years ago, was told that I would have access to firmware updates for the life of the product. That is no longer the case!

So, does anyone have a dealer login to the site? (directechs.com) Be willing to share? I'd gladly pay for your login/password, or for someone to do this for me, but it appears that there are no dealers/installers near me that can do this.I'm in southern Indiana.

That, or I'm open to other suggestions. I would return it, but the guy is trying to charge a 35% restocking fee, and I've already completed the entire install already (with the exception of programming).

Thanks in advance!