D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Sitting at the dearship

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 04:20 PM
Neomist
Patawan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sitting at the dearship

As I was waiting to get all my rear emblems and free dealerships advertisement stickers removed I noticed the new q50 and q60 had these really nice looking 3.7 emblems on the front fenders. Would it be completely unreasonable to put a set n my g37?
Attached Thumbnails Sitting at the dearship-image.jpg  
Old 05-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Since you are at a dealership right now to remove emblems, yes it's completely unreasonable to put more different ones on there.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Neomist
Patawan

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Since you are at a dealership right now to remove emblems, yes it's completely unreasonable to put more different ones on there.
Yes but these are subtle and sexy. IMO the others were just gaudy.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:40 PM
RPG11

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Hey you do what you think is best man after all it is your car.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:42 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
They're just numbers. If you're going to put anything, put 5.0 (think mid 90's mustangs). Some emblems are tasteful, others.. eh.. To each their own. When I had the concours, I stripped all the kawasaki lettering off. I got tired of cleaning dead bugs from between the letter crevices after a ride.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:43 PM
jwhitakr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by Neomist
Yes but these are subtle and sexy. IMO the others were just gaudy.
I see. I misunderstood what you were asking. It sounds to me like you already know what you want to do and are simply asking a question hoping to get validation from people agreeing with you. My apologies for wasting your time with the dissenting opinion.
The following users liked this post:
DPE G (05-23-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 04:54 PM
cecrops

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
I see. I misunderstood what you were asking. It sounds to me like you already know what you want to do and are simply asking a question hoping to get validation from people agreeing with you. My apologies for wasting your time with the dissenting opinion.
I love reading each and every one of your posts BB, you truly are the shakespeare of the forum world. I couldn't agree more tho, those 3.7 emblems are just terrible IMO and they would come off first thing if they came on my car. Then again if you like them just put them on, no big deal.
Old 05-22-2014, 04:58 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Never understood why infiniti decided to put the 3.7 badges on their q50's as it really isn't much to brag about, no?
Old 05-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by cecrops
I love reading each and every one of your posts BB, you truly are the shakespeare of the forum world. I couldn't agree more tho, those 3.7 emblems are just terrible IMO and they would come off first thing if they came on my car. Then again if you like them just put them on, no big deal.
You'd think I would have learned after all these years to just start summarily ignoring all car form threads asking for opinions but sometimes I'm a sucker and still fall for it. Or that people asking for opinions would at least have enough respect for the dummies like me who spend time typing out a response to at least humor them into thinking that they actually wanted to hear different opinions and gave consideration to the responses.

I guess I'm like Charlie Brown who keeps hoping against hope that bitch Lucy won't actually ****** the football away this time.
The following users liked this post:
cecrops (05-22-2014)
Old 05-22-2014, 05:13 PM
cecrops

Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Never understood why infiniti decided to put the 3.7 badges on their q50's as it really isn't much to brag about, no?
My guess is that since they have two identical Q50s they help differentiate, one being the hybrid that comes with a chrome hybrid badge in the same place.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Neomist
Patawan

It sounds to me like you already know what you want to do and are simply asking a question hoping to get validation from people agreeing with you. My apologies for wasting your time with the dissenting opinion.
Yeah... I was wanting a gut check. That's why I love forums. I am amazed at how civil and helpfully everyone is here, the last forum I joined seemed like a flame war erupted every 5th thread. Thanks again! I may just dream on it a few nights.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:48 PM
cecrops

Originally Posted by Neomist
Yeah... I was wanting a gut check. That's why I love forums. I am amazed at how civil and helpfully everyone is here, the last forum I joined seemed like a flame war erupted every 5th thread. Thanks again! I may just dream on it a few nights.
We try to keep it to every sixth thread at least.

You'd think I would have learned after all these years to just start summarily ignoring all car form threads asking for opinions but sometimes I'm a sucker and still fall for it. Or that people asking for opinions would at least have enough respect for the dummies like me who spend time typing out a response to at least humor them into thinking that they actually wanted to hear different opinions and gave consideration to the responses.

...I guess I'm like Charlie Brown who keeps hoping against hope that bitch Lucy won't actually ****** the football away this time.
lol! Nice choice of smiley too, kinda looks like the charlie brown frown. Could this be an inkling to your next avatar I wonder..

Old 05-22-2014, 08:09 PM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
I'm not a fan of the numbers on the side.. I actually think it's kinda cheesy, but just my opinion.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:44 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
No one will pull up next to you and be intimidated by your 3.7L engine. Wax/debris will get stuck in them. If they came on the car from the factory you would be taking them off with all the other badges you are removing. Long story short, no.

Quick Reply: Sitting at the dearship