D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

DIY: Set Up Bluetooth Music Streaming on Pre 2010 G37 with aux input

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 PM
YellowJacket

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Lije Baley
Other than not having to physically connect/disconnect the phone, why not simply connect the phone to the audio inputs with one mini-plug/composite audio connections cable?
I have the motorola car dock and used to use it quite a bit, however, the slider on it sometimes does not align properly and it makes me feel like the mini USB is going to break sometimes.

I also don't like cables.

David
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 PM
YellowJacket

Originally Posted by Alkatraz
Quick question. Do the pre 2010 USDM models have no bluetooth at all or just no bluetooth music?

My 2008 JDM has bluetooth music...
My 09 has bluetooth PHONE and not music, which is why I added the BT adapter for music.

David
Old 07-11-2013, 01:39 AM
viet2100

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
This is an easier route. You'll just need a "Y" cable (3.5mm to RCA).

Amazon.com: Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Great for convenience but like other aftermarket options, it is not as loud and the bass is almost nonexistent.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:33 AM
TommyBluez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have luck finding a Bluetooth Receiver that'll hook to the factory IPOD so it "thinks" the Android hooked to the receiver is an ipod?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 PM
35Sport

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyBluez
Anyone have luck finding a Bluetooth Receiver that'll hook to the factory IPOD so it "thinks" the Android hooked to the receiver is an ipod?
No luck, the sprint anycom fipo was confirmed to work but I can't find any from reliable sellers.

Amazon.com: Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/Dock Connector for iPod Speakers - Make your iPod Speakers Wireless!: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Sprint Anycom FIPO Bluetooth v2.0 Stereo Receiver w/Dock Connector for iPod Speakers - Make your iPod Speakers Wireless!: MP3 Players & Accessories
Old 12-19-2013, 12:58 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 35Sport
i have two of these.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 AM
kOrE

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Will the song titles still show up on the display in the car?
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM
viet2100

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kOrE
Will the song titles still show up on the display in the car?
Nope. Only option for that is with the OEM cable or later models with BT streaming.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 PM
kOrE

Thanks!

I bought the Miccus one from Amazon and got it in the mail today. It's not working though. I fully charged it but when I hold down the button to enter "pairing" mode it never flashes blue. Such a bummer.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:44 PM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by kOrE
Thanks!

I bought the Miccus one from Amazon and got it in the mail today. It's not working though. I fully charged it but when I hold down the button to enter "pairing" mode it never flashes blue. Such a bummer.
You should let amazon know, they are usually really good with replacing or refunding defective items.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:50 PM
kOrE

Originally Posted by kevshiau
You should let amazon know, they are usually really good with replacing or refunding defective items.
Yea, they took care of it.They immediately refunded my account with a gift card and I purchased the Belkin unit for $2 more. I just dropped off the broken Miccus at UPS on my lunch break. I should have the Belkin by tonight. Thank you Amazon Prime, lol!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:41 PM
akiradavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Potato Technologies TuneLink Auto Bluetooth in Car Stereo Wireless Adapter

Check out this device for us non-navi G owners. I'll let you know if it fits in the glove box.

Amazon.com: New Potato Technologies TuneLink Auto Bluetooth in Car Stereo Wireless Adapter for Android (Black) - 1001-01002D: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: New Potato Technologies TuneLink Auto Bluetooth in Car Stereo Wireless Adapter for Android (Black) - 1001-01002D: Cell Phones & Accessories
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
OLPEMI

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
Thanks,

I read some of the reviews about it before I bought it and that seemed to be a complaint from a few owners, however, that doesn't seem to be a problem with mine. Ultimately, this started out as an experiment for me to see if it could be done, so I went with one of the lesser expensive ones.

Now that I know it works well, I will probably buy a better BT gateway and hopefully I can find one that auto-connects.

David
I installed mine yesterday and I can tell that the sound quality decreased. Could it be because of the cheap BT? I paired it with Samsung Galaxy S3.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:47 AM
kOrE

Yea, I gave up on this. Both of the BT receivers I bought were horrible. I just plug in my iPod now.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:41 PM
YellowJacket

Update to my Build:

One of the biggest annoyances has been the need to constantly manually connect to the bluetooth device. My phone connects to the car bluetooth fine whenever I start the car, but not to the belkin.

So, hod did I fix that? Well, my phone (LG G2) has built in NFC capability. I created a NFC tag that automatically connects my phone to the Belkin and launches my music app whenever I touch the phone to the cup holder lid.

I stuck the tag under the lid so it cant be seen and all I have to do is wave my phone over the lid and thats it.

What you need:
Bluetooth puck (I have the belkin)
NFC tags - available on the net for about $5.00 for a pack of ten
NFC Tools app - free on Google Play

David

Quick Reply: DIY: Set Up Bluetooth Music Streaming on Pre 2010 G37 with aux input