D.I.Y. Installations/Modifications Do It Yourself guides and information for the G37. Stickies approved by Administrators and Moderators.

internal spring compressors

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:00 AM
harbin9er
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
internal spring compressors

being that the topic of spring compressors is still fresh in my mind, during my hunt for the right compressor (while i was installing Eibach lowering springs), i came across internal spring compressors, like this one:

Automotive Tools - Coil Spring Compressor ATD 7549

the entire compressor is meant to go *INSIDE* the coil spring, so this is (according to a website) only good for coil springs that have nothing in the center (i.e. this would then exclude macphersons, or other things that have shock struts going thru the center)

well if that's the case, this seems like a pretty useless compressor, right? I just dont see how can there be any application where this could be useful. Sure u can compress the coil springs, but how would u extract the compressor from the center, once u r done?

can someone enlighten me?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:07 PM
toyzforme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL I wouldn't worry about it, I just used the car to jack the spring into place without using a spring compressor. how did you do yours